Expansion Number Three: Will you buy it?

Topher.5631

I have been contemplating this a lot and wanted to get a general sense of how the community feels. Anet had said previously that they would introduce frequent balance patches (which has not been implemented), and people have been complaining about bots, duo queue ranked, etc. for months. Knowing that anet has failed to deliver simple pvp fixes and failed the community in that respect, it wouldn't be hard to imagine people skipping out on buying another add-on for this game. However, I could see the argument for buying it, saying that "The new builds will probably be OP" or "It could give more build variety". So if you consider yourself primarily a pvp player, will you buy another expansion despite all of the mismanagement? Curious to see where the pvp community stands on this

After multiple edit on a late night :astonished: :The phrasing of the thread encourages the negative but the answer is yes. You gave the reasons yourself. People in pvp also play other game modes, you want the new spec on your team and want to play something new / different. All are valid reasons and when you think about it, there is something to enjoy for almost everybody (PvE / harcore teams in PvP / theroycrafter / multiclass). Even people saying otherwise might end up buying it.

YeFor every aspect, not just PvP. Favorite part of the game as a whole, but I also understand it's just tacked on and exists like a third wheel.

Just like every other expansion, all the new elites will probably be broken(AKA more fun) for those first few months/year which is reason enough for me to buy and play around with it for a while until the next meganerf patch.Still won't play Ranked, but I don't think the expansion will make Ranked any worse.

Bots and DuoQ are going to keep existing exactly as they are because the only players with any say secretly(or not so secretly) exploit both to make themselves seem like true Gods of PvP. The words of Gods of PvP with 80, 90, 100% of their games won probably carries more weight than some random plat1, plat2 player calling the entire thing unfair.My advice there is to boycott Ranked unless you need gold. It isn't competitive and it isn't fun. It is just an endless source of frustration, boredom, and gross self-gratification.

No Idea. Used to join and play every day, lately just play from time to time (this month played more Diablo III, despite being a crappy game overall). But I hated the spec of my main in PoF (Renegade), so ended buying the cheapest version of the expansion, and played Herald 95% of the time. Even with the current meta, which favours condition bunkers, I still prefer both power Herald and condi Herald to anything Renegade related.

So short answer: my future support to the game is related of how enjoyable the incoming specs to Rev and Guardian would be. Also about how long takes to arrive: there's some interesting games in the future, and my time is limited.

its funny because all of you going to buy exp, because you won't be able to compete/ completely ignore the interest of new especs while playing either pvp or pve.if you really wanted to quit you would've quit long ago.i seriously doubt you could resist the temptation of new exp as you are even playing gw2 pvp right now at the lowest point.

but in a more serious note, if they wanted actual balance between classes pve and pvpthey should stop releasing new elite specs.

Depends, on what it offers and the specs it brings. If its small like HoT Ill wait for it go on sale, if its as boring and dumb as PoF or even looks like it could be with as little as PoF brought? again wait for a sale if I stick around at all. They have to wow me this time, as much as I love the game Im not confident in their potential to deliver much more than living world level stuff.

The quality of latest releases. (Laggy, buggy, too much clutter that cannot be avoided)The sheer disrespect to WvW game mode (Reward tracks should be renamed to Reward trash)The sheer ignoring of mayor combat, terrain, storyline issues from older content...

And you want money for what?Hahahahaha NO fix the current game first and I MIGHT consider it.