Blundesbuss suggestion (explosion tag)

Kodama.6453

Some months ago, anet changed hammer 2 (electro whirl) by giving it the explosion tag.I really liked that change, since it gave hammer, which is a pure power weapon, some more synergy with our power based trait line explosives.

With that change, you are able to trigger several traits without having to rely on your utility skills:

• getting the healing from big boomer
  • stacking explosive temper
  • stacking vulnerability with steel-packed powder
  • getting fury from short fuse

And I think that it makes alot of sense that power based weapons on the engineer have an explosion skill in their arsenal to be able to trigger these effects without being forced to pick one other specific traits or the explosive kits (grenades, bombs).

Which leads me to another power based weapon for the engineer: rifle.The weapon needs help and while I don't think that this should be the only change for it, I would enjoy if they put the explosion tag on blunderbuss (rifle 3) to also allow this weapon to have synergy with the power trait line.

Holosmith's sword is another power weapon in our arsenal, but it can go without an explosion in the skills in my opinion, since picking holosmith gives you an explosion skill by default: corona burst.

I hope that you consider this change for a future update to our rifle.

@Samug.6512 said:Balance patch that is coming in 2 weeks will most likely have some rifle buffs, including removal of self-cc. Sit tight.And while the suggestion makes sense, I just don't like the weapon in general, a weird mix of long and short range attacks.

It's a weapon skillset befitting of someone capable of modifying said weapon, but flavor isn't there on most of models, so... yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

@Samug.6512 said:Balance patch that is coming in 2 weeks will most likely have some rifle buffs, including removal of self-cc. Sit tight.And while the suggestion makes sense, I just don't like the weapon in general, a weird mix of long and short range attacks.

Turns out, no rifle buff in this patch either.

I am convinced that Anet has completely forgotten that engineer rifle is a thing in their own game....

@Kodama.6453 said:Turns out, no rifle buff in this patch either.

I am convinced that Anet has completely forgotten that engineer rifle is a thing in their own game....

It'll probably come in the next major balance patch. The self knockback removal from Overcharged Shot requires the skills team anyways.

An explosive tag on any of the skills would be welcome, too.

@wasss.1208 said:

@Kodama.6453 said:Turns out, no rifle buff in this patch either.

It'll probably come in the next major balance patch. The self knockback removal from Overcharged Shot requires the skills team anyways.

An explosive tag on any of the skills would be welcome, too.

And when is this supposed to drop? Every half year was the information I got here on the forum....

@"Kodama.6453" said:And when is this supposed to drop? Every half year was the information I got here on the forum....

No idea. They never really announce when the next one is about to drop. The last time it was asked on stream, we got the answer: We just sent it to the QA team... It took them 3 weeks to actually ship the patch. (the current one)The PvE balance cycle was one big patch every 3 months, that is when major reworks usually happen*. It might be different because of the expansion in the making.

*We had several traitline reworks in February, then weapon reworks in July, so there should be an another one in this year.Source:February balance patch: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2020-02-25July balance patch: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2020-07-07

@wasss.1208 said:

@"Kodama.6453" said:And when is this supposed to drop? Every half year was the information I got here on the forum....

No idea. They never really announce when the next one is about to drop. The last time it was asked on stream, we got the answer: We just sent it to the QA team... It took them 3 weeks to actually ship the patch. (the current one)The PvE balance cycle was one big patch every 3 months, that is when major reworks usually happen*. It might be different because of the expansion in the making.

*We had several traitline reworks in February, then weapon reworks in July, so there should be an another one in this year.Source:February balance patch:
July balance patch:

In short, we will most likely have to wait until feb or at least 2021, eh? lol...

@ArielRebel.3426 said:In short, we will most likely have to wait until feb or at least 2021, eh? lol...

No, we have to wait until the quarterly PvE balance patch, where they actually rework stuff, and not just change numbers. CMC was asked multiple times on stream about Overcharge knockback, he said multiple times that it should be removed. It would be pretty sad, if they forgot even this way.