Tankiest class? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions

Tankiest class?

Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 1, 2020 in Professions

I’m tired of getting one-shotted for my ADHD mistakes. What is the tankiest dps class/build currently?

Comments

• Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2020

Chrono with its blocks and evades. Ministrel fb or core guard, bearbow or mm necro

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anything condi specced. Dire or trailblazer stats

• Taril.8619Taril.8619 Member ✭✭✭✭

Tankiest class? A well played Firebrand.

Though, when optimizing for DPS, you'll get one-shotted for ADHD mistakes with that...

Full Marauder Reaper is very forgiving though. Plenty of HP + Shroud = One-shots will rarely happen. Throw in some minions (Especially the skill "Rise!" and Blood Magic) and it becomes easy to just face-tank most things.

If you want to be OmegaTank, pick a class, build a Condi spec and run full Trailblazer/Dire and you'll be hard as heck to kill, able to solo pretty much anything you want. The epitome of tankiness would be classes that can go with full Dire and still have 100% condi duration (I.e. Burn based classes with Runes of Balthazar. Such as Firebrand, Holosmith and Weaver/Tempest)

Cat: Meow.

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

Any profession really. It's only a matter of how you build and what you're willing to lose for your survivability.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mortifera.6138 said:
    I’m tired of getting one-shotted for my ADHD mistakes. What is the tankiest dps class/build currently?

To me ranger with pet seems to be what you need. Pet pulls most of the agro and you can attack with long bow from range.

• If you have adhd you need a profession that can keep up with your thoughts lol. My wife thinks twice as fast and about 3 more things than i do lol. Reaction time is generally better in individuals with adhd too. Scrapper or tempest might work well for you.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

Condi builds. Mirage, weaver, soulbeast, renegade/herald, etc.

Here's a video of condi weaver doing the night meta boss trio solo. That's three champions at once followed by a legendary.

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mirage if yu are the spazzoid yu claim and keep slapping random stuff.

Even though Mirage has only 1 dodge, they are still pretty braindead spammy when it comes to anything.

Only thing yu can't avoid is getting jumped and one shotted all the same but that's yur fault for not keeping an eye out for the enemy.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• I got adhd yes reaction time is better but i have decreased motor skills wich also belong to the diagnosis

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

Condi necro with Trailblazer can take a lot of hits.

• Bish.8627Bish.8627 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2020

For open PvE there is a Renegade build that focusses on bombardment, you also build battle scars that heal per hit. Coupled with Marauder I can sit in Tequatl's fingers red circles a few seconds while my attention is elsewhere and recover. Also Drizzlewood it was really no brain survival while doing good damage and having quite a fun rotation, so it keeps my attention unlike a lot of others. Bonus you get to buff people a little too.

I have an 80 of everything and I have run them all in Drizzlewood semi afk watching videos on my otherscreen, minion master necro is another, and maybe bounding staff daredevil too. As someone else Mesmer either axe/pistol/torch mirage or chrono wells is good. I am autistic and ADHD, those in order are my favourites for survival.

Something similar to: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Power_Bombardment

• ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭

Necromancer is the answer

ADHD mistakes = you press wrong thing at a wrong time. So all the panic button classes are out. You need the guy who can deal damage while being tanky 24/7 and is more about stats than reflexes compared to other professions. That's necro, pure and simple.

He is tanky right out the gate and is given tons of free stats (especially attack ones) in his traits, so he can skip glass cannon gear and go for more tanky options while still packing a heavy punch, giving him great offense and defense at the same time, all the time.

Price for this goodness is that you don't have panic button defenses of other classes that completely shut down enemy damage for a period of time. As necro you'rea meant to eat it, but you're also meant to be always ready to take it and ask for seconds just cause you can!

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭

Are you looking for a PvE build or a WvW/SPvP build?

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭

@ASP.8093 said:

PvE.

• Only Even.6193Only Even.6193 Member ✭✭✭

Trailblazer on any condi spec with high passive sustains, oh well, just put Superior Rune of Torment on a Trailblazer Mirage and watch the healing/dodging festival !

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2020

@FrownyClown.8402 said:
    Reaction time is generally better in individuals with adhd too.

I don't think that's true, might be even worse due to problems with focusing on a given task.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

PvE.

Probably necro, ranger with pet tanking for you, warrior with a build focused more on a sustain than on pure dps, maybe daredevil with vit added to prevent the oneshots and invigorating precision trait to heal back up.

• Power scrapper in raids or fractals with the boons, they are bulletproof, in fractals with multiple mobs they are close to invincibles.

• LadyKitty.6120LadyKitty.6120 Member ✭✭✭

For open-world: (these follow mostly dps metabuilds traitwise)
    -Power Scrapper (with Chronomancer runes)
    -Trailblazer's Mirage with Tormenting runes and Sigil of Strength, Energy and Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew
    -Trailblazer's Renegade/Herald with same setup (except different food and not Energy sigil)
    -Trailblazer's Scourge with same setup as rene, maybe some minions as bonus in open-world
    -Power Renegade 'cause Dance of Death. Valkyrie armors+weapons, zerker trinkets, Roiling Mists traited, Strength runes, Energy+Frailty sigils, Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew
    -Trailblazer's Firebrand with Mace as main-hand and Defender runes, Strength+Smoldering Sigils, Fire Meat Chili
    -Power Daredevil with IP+Trickery traited, Valkyrie armors (rest zerker), Accuracy+Strength sigils, Strength runes

It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, Kittymarks test results at youtube.com/Kittymarks and tinyurl.com/Kittymarks.

• Edge.8724Edge.8724 Member ✭✭✭

Currently playing a trailblazer core warrior with sword & board and longbow. Very tanky and the bleed / burn does its job. You still have to dodge, but I'm playing this really because I really enjoy that playstyle.