Thanks Anet for another completely broken gem

Sprymazi.6472

So this is nothing new, the good old core necro, trailblazer, condi immortal faceroll necro. But now when people have started perfecting them they have become a real problem. It's got extremely high condi dmg, high condi duration, they can re-apply them with ez, they take virtually no damage at all and it doesn't matter if you rotate your interrupts on a Korean Tekken player level, they can just stand there and tank the damage while stunned or dazed. And if you manage to get them low enough they have a full 30k bar of shroud, that they use to recharge their health with vampirism and life steal. And then the cycle continues, full shroud -> full health -> full shroud -> full health.

It can be countered if you play like an extreme coward and out of combat constantly or play a build specifically for taking down this exact build, but then again, they can just kite you to nearest tower if they see they are losing.

Inb4 "Use resistance LUL". Yeah you will need 1 minute of resistance if you wanna take them down since re applying condis after a cleanse is a peace of cake.

&

What to do about it? I don't know, I think the problem lies with trailblazer being a thing that gives extreme tankiness and all the damage a condi class needs. But arena net already hard nerfed mirage and other condi builds so trailblazer for them is the only way to at least relevant.

Wait, wait... are you saying it can be killed if you bring something that counter it?

That's illegal!

I also find it hilarious that after you are pretty much on the spot that it's the health regen and shroud regen that's causing this specific necro build to be OP, then go on to scattershot it away with a generic "the problem lies with trailblazer".

Comparing low mobility solo roam necro builds like these to the far more prevalent Nade Holo/Scrapper, Condi Rev, Bunker Ele, Stealth Root Druid, Condi Thief and so far, it falls far below those meta roamers.

It sounds like your build got paper/rock/scissored. Conditions in general can be almost completely nullified by easy use of any of several runesets and sigils.

If you dislike this build, play any of the number of counters, as many previous responses have said.

Additionally, I recommend playing said class/build and seeing how it works. I suspect once you do you will find it is rather easily countered.

It's simple: trailblazer signet core necro is at the upper end of sustain and is hardcounterd by the upper end of damage (any marauder build with damage traitlines and sigil of cleansing).

Fun fact: trailblazer signet condi reaper beats it too (but itself has a lot of counters) - it can even overwhelm the death magic + antitoxin variant.

they have a full 30k bar of shroudIt's 17k without soul reaping, 20k with soul reaping and 22k with soul reaping and vita rune. Trailblazer has vita as minor attribute. For a 30k shroud you need vita as major attribute, a vita rune and the vita trait in soul reaping.

@"Sprymazi.6472" said:So this is nothing new, the good old core necro, trailblazer, condi immortal faceroll necro. But now when people have started perfecting them they have become a real problem. It's got extremely high condi dmg, high condi duration, they can re-apply them with ez, they take virtually no damage at all and it doesn't matter if you rotate your interrupts on a Korean Tekken player level, they can just stand there and tank the damage while stunned or dazed. And if you manage to get them low enough they have a full 30k bar of shroud, that they use to recharge their health with vampirism and life steal. And then the cycle continues, full shroud -> full health -> full shroud -> full health.

It can be countered if you play like an extreme coward and out of combat constantly or play a build specifically for taking down this exact build, but then again, they can just kite you to nearest tower if they see they are losing.

Inb4 "Use resistance LUL". Yeah you will need 1 minute of resistance if you wanna take them down since re applying condis after a cleanse is a peace of cake.

&

What to do about it? I don't know, I think the problem lies with trailblazer being a thing that gives extreme tankiness and all the damage a condi class needs. But arena net already hard nerfed mirage and other condi builds so trailblazer for them is the only way to at least relevant.

omg you made my day xD. this video was obviously made as a joke with a joke build. this guy is even playing with race skill to disengage. in real fight vs non-bot player its useless. god, why are all this eotm main players always thinking they can judge about balance?

Lol.Anything looks op with bad enemies. Just check out my core power necro video. I think the first 2 minutes I watched there wasn't a single hard cc thrown at the necro player.

Before they nerf core nec, they have to do a lot of work on other classes.

Thief is still by far the most op roamer in wvw, followed by ranger, engi and rev.

And guess what, all 4 of these have one tool to deal with every single necro player:Running away.

If you really want to annoy and frustrate a necro player, fight him, disengage.There's absolutely no fun if there's noone that you can kill.

Also compared to other classes the tankyness is by far not as high as it seems, and without curses the dmg output is extremely low.

You can make a video of condi mesmer with the same stats, in it's a lot more tanky than necro, while having a much higher dmg output (clones applying condis with autoattacks)

It's not all gold that seems to be shiny.

@Nimon.7840 said:Before they nerf core nec, they have to do a lot of work on other classes.

Thief is still by far the most op roamer in wvw, followed by ranger, engi and rev.Interesting that you make the distinction of core necro in the first sentance, yet nothing in the second sentence.

Is core thief by far the most OP roamer, followed by core ranger, core engie and core rev?

@Dawdler.8521 said:Interesting that you make the distinction of core necro in the first sentance, yet nothing in the second sentence.

I dont see how this is relevant to the discussion.

It is well known that each class has a specialization (or lack thereof) that is more ideal per game mode. Core tends to show off its relatively limited strengths best in wvw roaming.

@Zero.3871 said:

@"Sprymazi.6472" said:So this is nothing new, the good old core necro, trailblazer, condi immortal faceroll necro. But now when people have started perfecting them they have become a real problem. It's got extremely high condi dmg, high condi duration, they can re-apply them with ez, they take virtually no damage at all and it doesn't matter if you rotate your interrupts on a Korean Tekken player level, they can just stand there and tank the damage while stunned or dazed. And if you manage to get them low enough they have a full 30k bar of shroud, that they use to recharge their health with vampirism and life steal. And then the cycle continues, full shroud -> full health -> full shroud -> full health.

&

omg you made my day xD. this video was obviously made as a joke with a joke build. this guy is even playing with race skill to disengage. in real fight vs non-bot player its useless. god, why are all this eotm main players always thinking they can judge about balance?

Lol he's not using snow leopard to disengage. He's using it for stealth stomps.

@mizaru.1385 said:

&

Lol he's not using snow leopard to disengage. He's using it for stealth stomps.

watch video at 51:10, you can do both, but 240 sec cd is still not viable on fights vs non npcs.