The only advantage for RotGD is that you can share the damage reduction with 4 allies which we can all agree happens rarely (that you give it to 4 ppl) in sPVP for example. In WvW, not gonna change the tide of a Zerg vs Zerg and needs a lot of coordination to be reliably used in a roaming party vs party to be useful for your allies (and it's way too expensive to use for allies).
1. Requires the player to equip and actually be in the dwarf stance to be able to use it.
2. Has a ridiculously long casting animation of 1.25 sec.
3. Has a ridiculously high energy cost.
40% = 8 seconds of having no upkeep skill activated and no attack used beside autoattacks, after using it once we can agree the revenant will only have access to it next time he comes back on Dwarf stace). Even if you JUST changed into the stance with Charged Mist (75%) you're still left with a lowly 35% of energy left for the next 8-9 sec before you can switch legend again. Even worse, without Charged Mist, you are a sitting duck at 10% energy until your legend switch comes off CD which means you're dead against a not-asleep opponent.
4. Only reduces damage against regular damage, needs a trait to reduce condi damage.
5. Lasts 5sec.
1. Doesn't require anything other than having the skill on the bar. Can be used any time.
3. No cost.
4. Easily achievable reduced CD of 30sec in WvW/sPVP.
5. Reduces not only regular damage but also condi damage without requiring any trait.
6. Lasts 4 sec in WvW/sPVP.
What gives? I'm just baffled by this bs. There's already so many requirements to be able to use RotGD, I don't understand why the condi damage reduction isn't built in and why the casting time and cost are so high. I'd be down to sacrifice the sharing aspect of it if it meant we could have a better version of SS (as we should have considering we have more requirements to furfill to be able to use it) but as it stands, it's a just a joke.