Future for Revenant - Elite Idea/Wish

Camniel.7238

Hi, it looks like the thread for elite specialization ideas has died but I still wanted to discuss an idea that I had for the Revenant's future possibilities. I have here a link to a fully fleshed out elite specialization with Legend, Weapon, Utilities, F2 Ability, and Traits that I put a lot of work into developing. Of course I highly doubt that this would ever be implemented but I had a lot of fun coming up with all the different ideas and synergies.

In short my elite specialization idea is called the "Lunatic" and channels the spirit of Mad King Thorn as its unique Legend. Since the spirits used as Legends are more like echoes of the real spirit I felt it was ok to draw on the Mad King as my inspiration.

This is perfect timing since Halloween events will be starting soon too lol!Here's the link: https://uniquelysamuel.wordpress.com/2020/10/04/gw2-elite-idea-revenant-lunatic/

I'd like to hear whether or not the community likes the idea of using the Mad King and to have a polite discussion on the different possibilities I worked on.Thanks all!

Interesting. I really like the new skills ideas but I personally would rather have the possiblity to wield 2 daggers (main hand and offhand) because having only a new weapon for a mere 2 new skill is kind of sad considering Revenant has one of, if not, the lowest weapon pool in the game. As axe has a gap closer + pull that already synergies well with the mace's kit, I would say maybe give medium range attacks to the daggers' kit?

IMHO, You Better Run should Fear and apply Torment (make them run away from you which increases the damage from Torment) makes more sense then applying confusion which Revenant has no synergy with. Also, as you seem to want a melee or short ranged kit, Bad Joke should knockdown or taunt but definitly not knockback (so enemies aren't knocked away and out of your range) and could give barrier to you for every enemy affected.

About the trait lines: could IMHO use some ideas such as :->"tormented enemies are more susceptible to crowd control like fear or taunt (thus are affected for longer)", or->"your flames are tainted and now, whenever you apply burning, you also apply poison" or->"while you are affected by burning, you receive shorter durations on incoming conditions and apply longuer condi durations" or->"viper's leap also makes the victim's blood boil in an enfeebling fever making it so it now also applies taunt and weaken to the target. Also after landing the attack, all combo finishers apply poison for a certain duration". (double dagger and the utility skill should give the revenant reliable access to combos by himself)->"You Better Run and anytime a foe is disabled by you (aka receives any kind of crowd control), you transforms 2 or 3 of his/her boons into conditions. If the affected targets are boonless, they become more susceptible to conditions for a certain duration"

One last thing: Blood Infusion should, IMHO, be "Sanguinary Exchange" which not only heals you (with an amount that increases according to the victim's amount of bleeds) but also transfers conditions from you to the victim (instead of simply cleansing you).

Anyway, that's my feedback and obviously just my opinion :-)Great idea overall, I really like it!

No offense but I feel like the "facet" aspect of the revenant have been sufficiently explored with herald. (Also perma pulsing Condi AoE are bound to receive huge amount of hate from the sPvP crew.)

I'd prefer a bit more originality in term of mechanic for the next e-spec, not a carbon copy of an already existing e-spec. I also doubt the mad king is a proper legend to use, it is to tightly bound to a regular event of the game (It would be ridiculous to tackle the labyrinth with the mad king as a legend). A good legend is a legend with which we don't have any interaction in any timeline in GW2 yet have remnant of their existence in the lore.

@Dadnir.5038 said:I also doubt the mad king is a proper legend to use, it is to tightly bound to a regular event of the game (It would be ridiculous to tackle the labyrinth with the mad king as a legend). A good legend is a legend with which we don't have any interaction in any timeline in GW2 yet have remnant of their existence in the lore.

While not being part of a proper elite specialization, I'd indeed love to see him as a usable Legend during the event.Obviously, he wouldn't be fit for battle.I think Revenants could get a few extras goodies like that, as a trade off for the lack in skills and build flexibility.

@Fueki.4753 said:I think Revenants could get a few extras goodies like that, as a trade off for the lack in skills and build flexibility.

I agree with you, I feel it's a shame that the revenant didn't get racial legends for PvE and simply lost the racial skills. Thought, Renegade feel like it replace the charr's racial skills.