Fire/Air Based Berserker Gear

I tend to fight in fire and air Tempest most of the time (mostly fire since air never seems to work for me), and I’m wondering if Berserker gear is a good fit for that since I use it normally. (I’ve been informed that runes of the scholar work well already, so I’m mainly asking about the equipment itself.)

(Side note, even with elemental surge, my air overload never seems to recharge in time to take advantage of fresh air.)

I run marauder armor on elementalist because it doesn't really have decent PvE sustain otherwise. If you're doing group content you want to have close to 100% crit chance under fury+warrior banner /spotter (100 precision each) so you'd want some assassin's pieces instead along with signet of fire.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fresh_Air"Does not recharge Overload Air while in Air Attunement. The lengthened recharge of Air Attunement after Overloading may still be instantly recharged, and Overload Air will be available after being in Air Attunement for 5 seconds as normal."

Overload air > swap to fire to use burst skills (occasionally water and earth, depending on weapon and fire cooldowns) > back to air and use damaging skills > repeat. It's by far the most effective power tempest rotation. Fire overload only gives you in some burst when you want to finish your enemy without waiting ~5 seconds for air overload to be ready or when you're doing some pve group event to share might to allies.

@steki.1478 said:Overload air > swap to fire to use burst skills (occasionally water and earth, depending on weapon and fire cooldowns) > back to air and use damaging skills > repeat. It's by far the most effective power tempest rotation. Fire overload only gives you in some burst when you want to finish your enemy without waiting ~5 seconds for air overload to be ready or when you're doing some pve group event to share might to allies.

@steki.1478 said:Overload air > swap to fire to use burst skills (occasionally water and earth, depending on weapon and fire cooldowns) > back to air and use damaging skills > repeat. It's by far the most effective power tempest rotation. Fire overload only gives you in some burst when you want to finish your enemy without waiting ~5 seconds for air overload to be ready or when you're doing some pve group event to share might to allies.

Thank you (and based on the other asks, do you agree that I should do a mix of marauder and assassin gear and add in runes of the scholar? Should I keep some of my berserker gear in the mix too?

@ChampionMasquerade.5283 said:

Thank you (and based on the other asks, do you agree that I should do a mix of marauder and assassin gear and add in runes of the scholar? Should I keep some of my berserker gear in the mix too?

It's almost irrelevant, the difference is insignificant no matter what mix you take as long as you follow snowcrows/discretize websites for group content since you dont want to have unnecessary precision in there.

@steki.1478 said:

It's almost irrelevant, the difference is insignificant no matter what mix you take as long as you follow snowcrows/discretize websites for group content since you dont want to have unnecessary precision in there.

Does Snowcrows have a section for non raid stuff, or do the raid builds work elsewhere?

Snowcrows is a raid guild that makes raid builds. Discretize is a fractal guild which means the builds are for 5 man fractal content, often figuring fractal potions as well.

The snowcrows power tempest has less sustain and doesn't run assassin's pieces because they use accuracy sigil (7%), three +5 precision infusions, +70 precision food, signet of fire. Because power overwhelming relies on heavy might stacking which isn't realistic on your own I'm not a fan of it outside group content.If you're solo the discretize tempest is a better option (if you swap stormsoul to raging storm for fury and soothing power instead of powerful aura) because it has more precision gear to proc Fresh air and the water traitline's Flow Like Water trait gives you sustain. In general , fractal builds are geared with cleave in mind which is more suited to openworld and story content.

If you replicate the discretize build with suggested swap on air traitline you get ~72% crit chance before fury if you run signet of fire , adding an accuracy sigil instead of impact brings it to 99% easily under fury (+20)( http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWmQCTsrRFyu6YnVaZN522A-zxQYhohctDFdZUbBURCY7A-e )Power: 2285 , crit under fury = 271%

The snowcrows build is roughly 70% crit chance before fury if you run signet of fire( http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWmQCTsrRFyu6YnV6ors22A-zRIYR0wXGRUAVkA2eQCk0B0QP-e )Power : 2656 including +100 from food, crit in air under fury = 270%Rune of thief variant that snowcrows specifies when you are missing spotter reaches just under 75% crit chance with signet of fire( http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWmQCTsrRFyu6YnV6ors22A-zxQYhoh7bHEYZUbBURC45A-e )Power : 2358, crit under fury = 256%

Both sites expect you to have outside support in terms of banners, might/ fury/quickness/alacrity and spotter (from druid or soulbeast for raids). Banner gives 100 precision and so does spotter so plan accordingly.

@ChampionMasquerade.5283 said:

Does Snowcrows have a section for non raid stuff, or do the raid builds work elsewhere?

They work fine for open world, but you can optimize those builds even more. Not that you need to since open world stuff is easy to begin with, but self buffing can be achieved by altering your build (power weaver doesnt have many options for that so the raid build is fine).