With the new expac announced, what kind of balance cadence do you think there will be?

Valelutra.9128

I don't think there's a point to discuss it - I mean, even when they announce it themselves it wasn't entirely accurate. If they somehow pick things up in our current standings I will have more hope, but until it is done as they say, then I won't hold my breath. They need to follow through no matter what. That's what I think.

There is a lot of weapons/utilities that need to be reworked. A good chunk of the core classes needs to be remanaged and remade to make them stand up and offer equivalent trade-offs; Many classes/specs/weapons are still in 2012 and need to be updated and made more useful. This is all around a requirement as they need to rework the broken interactions or better yet replace them/remake them to make it lucrative to use X over Y and give everything the ability to stand up on its own two feet.

Necromancer staff/daggers come to mind as does various aspects of other core classes. Revenant still needs a core ranged condi weapon, so that E-specs can breathe without having to worry about fulfilling that niche all on their own. Many utilities or warrior/ranger and some weapons need to be tweaked and made better; They should be striving to get more options/playstyles/arch-types into the playable space rather than just not touching it and leaving it in these lukewarm states.

We even have E-spec weapons that aren't that good, Shield on herald, Condi on warrior as a whole. All of these need to be worked on, and made better.... enough excuses.

@Bristingr.5034 said:Lol, you actually think they'll touch WvW? This game mode is in maintenance mode. All they do is press the server link randomizer button every 8 weeks and call it a night.

Balance is more than just wvw, new elite specs will still have to be accounted for in the rest of the game too. I’m pretty skeptical too that they’ll do anything with wvw or pvp in mind. But I am wondering if they’ll change some stuff in advance to avoid breaking their own game in all modes with new stuff.

@Valelutra.9128 said:

@Bristingr.5034 said:Lol, you actually think they'll touch WvW? This game mode is in maintenance mode. All they do is press the server link randomizer button every 8 weeks and call it a night.

Balance is more than just wvw, new elite specs will still have to be accounted for in the rest of the game too. I’m pretty skeptical too that they’ll do anything with wvw or pvp in mind. But I am wondering if they’ll change some stuff in advance to avoid breaking their own game in all modes with new stuff.

There's a reason why they split the balances on how classes work between game modes.

The only thing we can count on in the new pack is that the Guardian and Necro will get stronger and even more unbalanced. They will break Rev again and continue to nerf the hell out of thieves. Everything else will likely get a change but essentially remain unchanged in pecking order.