When is Next Balance Patch?

X T D.6458

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last balance patch was like three years ago. It was replaced by a system where they marked each class and ability was turned into a piece of cheese and every time a rat ate cheese it was then nerfed. However a big nerf occurred when one large rat was allowed to cheat and enter the maze and ate all cheese. So then CRISIS mode was activated by the big red button which ejected mike o'brien into space which at the same time dropped a curtain that started playing that cantha expansion teaser. Which a SPOILER End of Dragons will introduce a new kind of feature. So there is going to be a new kind of ranger pet that not only can man siege in wvw but it also can be your mount. It is a flying squirrel that can hold up to 500 siege and can fly over gates and walls. Although it uses 1 supply for each second of air time flying and it also has the ability to carry a dolyak while being used as a mount. Testing has already begun to see if it was too easy to capture towers or keeps with this feature but the devs who tested this could never take the tower or keep so it works as intended. Even though the side they were on already owned said objective it works as intended.

However the Firebreaker, Scourgeeye, and Weaversmith will be getting some adjustments the firebreaker will start using a bubble that is made out of water, the scourge eye can one shot you with shade's judgement, and the Weaversmith can weave all elements while in the forge. Also when guardians are marked by sentries or watchtowers they now stealth. As well they have been looking into making it where all damage from revenants come from precision and magic find. Best update coming in 2025.

There's no real schedule for balance patches, Once upon a time they wanted to do one every 4-6 weeks but that's out the window.As for the next one, The devs were streaming WvW and said they had balance changes coming but it was being tested so it didn't make into last weeks update, So most likely next week.https://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/clip/SpikySparklingChickpeaKlappa?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

@Samug.6512 said:Confirmed on PvP discord - Cmc said balance patch coming with next release, so in 1 week.

I like how they communicate anywhere and everywhere OTHER than the official forums, and heaven forbid it's in the same place every time. Is it going to be somewhere in a few hour long Twitch steam? Some random discord? Reddit? Who knows! But it sure wont be on their own official forums.

I mean come on, how hard is it to make a post after those comments on here so people know for sure and don't have to hunt around for hours trying to figure out if something somewhere was said? I mean it really dumbfounds me they can't even manage to do this right, it is also a reason I have very little hope for anything else when you fail to even get basic communication right, it's a perfect display of what I think internal communication is like at anet and why we are where we are with balance because of it.

@"Klypto.1703" said:Last balance patch was like three years ago. It was replaced by a system where they marked each class and ability was turned into a piece of cheese and every time a rat ate cheese it was then nerfed. However a big nerf occurred when one large rat was allowed to cheat and enter the maze and ate all cheese. So then CRISIS mode was activated by the big red button which ejected mike o'brien into space which at the same time dropped a curtain that started playing that cantha expansion teaser. Which a SPOILER End of Dragons will introduce a new kind of feature. So there is going to be a new kind of ranger pet that not only can man siege in wvw but it also can be your mount. It is a flying squirrel that can hold up to 500 siege and can fly over gates and walls. Although it uses 1 supply for each second of air time flying and it also has the ability to carry a dolyak while being used as a mount. Testing has already begun to see if it was too easy to capture towers or keeps with this feature but the devs who tested this could never take the tower or keep so it works as intended. Even though the side they were on already owned said objective it works as intended.

However the Firebreaker, Scourgeeye, and Weaversmith will be getting some adjustments the firebreaker will start using a bubble that is made out of water, the scourge eye can one shot you with shade's judgement, and the Weaversmith can weave all elements while in the forge. Also when guardians are marked by sentries or watchtowers they now stealth. As well they have been looking into making it where all damage from revenants come from precision and magic find. Best update coming in 2025.

And we also get a single new rune called "Rune of the End Dragon" which adds 1% damage to our first strike in combat, with a stat spread consisting of Healing Power and Condition Duration. Also they will remove the sigil system and just imbue everyone with a permanent extra 50 endurance on weapon swap

@Arheundel.6451 said:eventually your main will be reached by the hands of the nerf god....

I'm like Hulk but instead of always angry I'm always nerfed, therefore I can't be nerfed XDNerfs kind of work out for me in the end because I like to come up with new builds all the time since I multiclass. It's true though, eventually all will receive the hand of nerf. Eventually.

By "balance" patch you mean more thief nerfs, ignoring Rev damage, creating even stronger Pew-Pew and making Necros and Guardians even more OP? They will also screw up elementalist timing but not actually improve or balance anything on the class. Mesmers will get some build neutered but likely create a new build that has some strange balance issue. Oh and they will further nerf warrior melee abilities. The only smart thing they will likely do is leave engis alone.

Did I miss anyone?

the problem is that "balance" patches usually fix nothing. they barely change anything even. it' just some kittens crying about their thief-ranger whatever dps losing 20% of their oneshotbuilds, uwu.

steamrolling people in zergs did not become essentially harder, despite all the pepega damage nerfs on everything and on everythings grandma. u still klick mostly the same buttons, you got some less surely and they do some less dps surely, but in the end you just have to mash the right buttons at the right time, just for a minute longer.

people even forget the downsides of the less damage: it wastes time. you could generate kills a lot faster before. that is why nerfing overall anything that generates kills was and is a bad idea.the upcoming idea of no downstate perma might make battles a bit faster again, we saw that in the eventweek yet.

we'd need finally work on the Wvw-guilds and alliance system, bc the current one is supercrap.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Just wondering, what the current timetable is for pushing out balance updates. Would like to see nerfs to stealth, boons, and rezzing/downstate...

Asking for nerfs always backfire...
eventually your main will be reached by the hands of the nerf god

Heh I know, that Feb patch pretty much wrecked my wvw toons. Nothing seems fun to play atm, for me at least.

@"Solanum.6983" said:There's no real schedule for balance patches, Once upon a time they wanted to do one every 4-6 weeks but that's out the window.As for the next one, The devs were streaming WvW and said they had balance changes coming but it was being tested so it didn't make into last weeks update, So most likely next week.https://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/clip/SpikySparklingChickpeaKlappa?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

I saw that mentioned in a pvp post. I tried to watch some of it....but in all honesty it was painful trying to watch those devs fight....I did not see the part related to balancing though.

@X T D.6458 said:

@"Solanum.6983" said:There's no real schedule for balance patches, Once upon a time they wanted to do one every 4-6 weeks but that's out the window.As for the next one, The devs were streaming WvW and said they had balance changes coming but it was being tested so it didn't make into last weeks update, So most likely next week.

I saw that mentioned in a pvp post. I tried to watch some of it....but in all honesty it was painful trying to watch those devs fight....I did not see the part related to balancing though.

Don't get your hopes up too much.Patch might just be more nerf to Arrow Carts. Ballistas and Gates/Walls.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@"Solanum.6983" said:There's no real schedule for balance patches, Once upon a time they wanted to do one every 4-6 weeks but that's out the window.As for the next one, The devs were streaming WvW and said they had balance changes coming but it was being tested so it didn't make into last weeks update, So most likely next week.

Don't get your hopes up too much.Patch might just be more nerf to Arrow Carts. Ballistas and Gates/Walls.

I always welcome siege nerfs, cant stand seeing people sit on siege instead of fighting.

@"Straegen.2938" said:By "balance" patch you mean more thief nerfs, ignoring Rev damage, creating even stronger Pew-Pew and making Necros and Guardians even more OP? They will also screw up elementalist timing but not actually improve or balance anything on the class. Mesmers will get some build neutered but likely create a new build that has some strange balance issue. Oh and they will further nerf warrior melee abilities. The only smart thing they will likely do is leave engis alone.

Did I miss anyone?

Thieves need stealth nerfs, its long overdue, specifically Deadeye rifle builds. The class is too reliant on a broken, unbalanced and gimmicky mechanic. They need to shift the class away from that garbage. In regards to Rev, I am mixed to the change to CoR targeting, the cd seems a bit high. Elementalists need a buff to air skills, especially staff. The damage and utility is pathetic at best. Guardians are always so tricky to balance...way too important of a class. As much as I would like to see their boon output and healing nerfed, it cant be done without lowering damage from other sources to compensate. Scourge condi damage output seems to be a little high right now, but a lot are also running power builds, so its a good mix from what I have seen. I cant say condi Scourges are dominating groups, at least not from what I have seen since I have started playing again. Cant speak on Mesmers, I know very little about the class, but I have seen many commanders using it very successfully. Warrior seems stuck in one role, that of bubble bot, and nothing more. Engineers are putting out a little too much healing and barrier spam, would be nice to have some viable offensive builds. Sneak gyro also needs to be heavily nerfed or reworked, it is absolutely broken. For Rangers, I think making longbow/shortbow skills pierce by default would make them more viable for zerging. This would also open up more trait choices. Rangers make good snipers and can take out enemy backline rather quickly, such a change would make them more useful.

@"Straegen.2938" said:By "balance" patch you mean more thief nerfs, ignoring Rev damage, creating even stronger Pew-Pew and making Necros and Guardians even more OP? They will also screw up elementalist timing but not actually improve or balance anything on the class. Mesmers will get some build neutered but likely create a new build that has some strange balance issue. Oh and they will further nerf warrior melee abilities. The only smart thing they will likely do is leave engis alone.

Did I miss anyone?

So many things wrong with this. Rev has had its power skills nerfed so many times that condi is the favored way to play it now, Scourge has had Shades reworked and nerfed repeatedly, Engi is almost entirely reliant on Grenade Barrage and Explosives because it hits like a potato without them, Warrior gets buffs on melee skills almost every patch...

AlsoEe5ceM9.jpgHUvG4Oe.jpg

Thief does no damage btw. I made one this week and have been enjoying myself a lot. Not a single piece of Berserker in my build, all Marauder + Valkyire. No Force sigil. I didn't have 25 Might or 25 Bloodlust in either of those screens, and I don't use Assassin's Signet. I have been regularly hitting 10k Backstabs and 10k+ Heartseekers. I'll bet if I went all in I could hit quite a lot harder.

Imagine playing Thief without Shadow Arts.

EDIT:Realized the second screen might be misleading since I said I didn't have 25 Bloodlust. Look at the scroll bar. It was a small fight of 6 - 8 versus 6 - 8. I did not have 25 Bloodlust at the time of landing that Backstab. I killed a few players afterward and retreated inside to check my combat log so I could screen cap. 25 Bloodlust makes a pretty sizable difference so I want to be clear that the 14k I landed could have been 15k.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

Asking for nerfs always backfire...eventually your main will be reached by the hands of the nerf god....

Thats why its never advisable to "main" a class. I play warrior, rev and engineer and sometimes guardian. Usually at least one of them is viable/meta at any point in time.I just go with the flow and move between these 3-4 classes as the meta changes.