[Blocked] Achievement 'Eyes for Ears' can't be completed - [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

[Blocked] Achievement 'Eyes for Ears' can't be completed - [Merged]

SatFralKu.4326SatFralKu.4326 Member
edited January 29, 2021 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Step "I'll never miss a song again" of achievement "Eyes for Ears" doesn't validate it would seem.
Thank you.

Comments

• Yes, I have also had this issue. I've tried on two different characters and at multiple different angles, but that step of the acheivement won't complete. There was someone else there while I was trying to get it and it seems they were also having the same problem.

• Aye.8392Aye.8392 Member ✭✭

I am also having this problem, I can see the device, can target it with the sweeper, but no matter what angle I use it doesn't trigger.

• Ive tried it on 3 chars so far and can confirm it doesnt validate

• Dah.7493Dah.7493 Member
    edited October 10, 2020

Same problem today for me - all others worked fine this one wont. tried multiple angles and distances. 10th-Oct

• Same, can get all others but am unable to get this one. Tried every possible angle and location, but no success.

• This is still an issue, i cant get this either, please for the love of the gods address this issue!

• I also can't get the sweeper to register this one device no matter which way i try it.

• STILL an issue. This is really annoying.

• Same problem here.

• Finally got this today. Fixed with Fame Update today?

• Still bugged, tried it today... Can`t get the last one at Blood Stand Stage :(

• Yep, broke

• Welcome to November: And this is still an issue. Cannot complete achievement as described due to the inability to successfully target the listening device under the stage to get Eyes for Ears. Tried multiple, multiple angles -- no dice. ANet, kindly address this bug.

• Still bugged

• Was able to complete this today :+1: (FYI I grabbed a new Listening Device)
    Accidental fix?

• Still Bugged. i`m on the same spot trying to get the achievment

• I parked a character at this location and logged in periodically. Eventually I got a map that wasn't bugged and finished the achievement. Took around 5 days.

• Can confirm after pointing at the thing multiple times like a mad person that this is still bugged and doesn't register.

• I'm on the last bugged step as well: have tried two different characters, multiple maps, got new tool, etc. and nothing's worked.

• I am also having this issue

• same issue here, buges

• 7th of December, still bugged

• Best thing you can do is park 1 of your characters there and try periodically. it depends on state of instance. i am still trying btw

• same here, just ran into this bug

• It's still bugged! Please fix it already :(

• yep.. still bugged :anguished:

• Typhoon.8645Typhoon.8645 Member
    edited December 19, 2020

Bugged since months - guess firing the programmers involved in the latest content wasn't that great of an idea huh.
    Fix it F F S.

Let one walk alone, committing no sin, with few wishes, like elephants in the forest 🎋

• @Typhoon.8645 said:
    Bugged since months - guess firing the programmers involved in the latest content wasn't that great of an idea huh.
    Fix it F F S.

I fixed it myself. Went to Grothmar again but this time tried using the device while mounted on a Skyscale - now idk if it's the instance or the mount being any or the Skyscale in specific - that would be ridiculously hilarious.

Let one walk alone, committing no sin, with few wishes, like elephants in the forest 🎋

• Merry 25th of Dec, it's still broken. I tried on a skyscale and all other mounts, on the ground, lying down, while dancing, while playing another game, etc. Nada. I tried reloading, attempting prior and after the concert, I tried at midnight, early this morning , sometime last week and multiple times in the future. Nothing.

Thanks for the Black Lion Claim ticket though.

• Here to Drop another Yep Its bugged in the pile

• Well this is annoying. Stuck on the same step.

• Can confirm as well, it is 3.1.2012 and it still doesn't work!

• @Tiornoch.8135 said:
    Can confirm as well, it is 3.1.2012 and it still doesn't work!

Tried it again with a mount and it does work for me >;>'' i'm so weirded out by this

• Same here. I tried so many times to F1 at the listening device under the stage, but the outcome doesn't change.

• Same here. Trying for a few days without success and filed a bug report ingame.

• Still bugged - super lame. Going to try the skyscale method.

• Apparently got in a new instance today. And I was able to scan the speaker.

• This is STILL bugged. I got my listening device for the first time today and have been able to complete all others...

• I finally finished this today. While it probably was just crazy random happenstance that caused me to get the circumstances right to let it complete, there was one thing I had done between the many failed attempts and this successful one:
    I enabled the option 'Snap Ground Target to Current Target'.

I suspect this is just a coincidence, but I didn't want to remain silent, in case it actually helps someone else.

• https://imgur.com/a/Ilcgd0x

The listening device under the bandstand will not register however I click it - it is the only one I have had trouble with and I am 14 out of 16 atm

• Still bugged. I appreciate all of the suggestions posted in this thread, I've been trying them. I've tried right after server reset, right after the last patch. Reported bug, of course. Weird!

• Still bugged, by now I don't know if it will ever be fixed, really..