Either my build is not good or I need to improve at the game (Both can apply)

DeadlyOp.2847

I'm a player used to play around 2019, and now I'm back to play, level 80 (38 mastery) Warrior human.The problem is that every time I'm getting outnumbered more than 2v1 at PvE I'm getting completly screwed over, specially vs Chak's with posion.Not speaking about Bosses or even veterans, I'm getting sometimes really low after using "To the limit" (Long CD).

Please guys I need some help to understand what's wrong with my build, any help or advice will be much appreciated.I do know that there's a lot for me to improve on positioning in the fights and everything but berserker suppose to be healing TONS via the attacks, and on my case its not that.All of my gear and specs are in the link.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxAEdflFwQYTMRWJO2WWtKA-zxQUhomYLcHaKvSBMKkOyLiCoicQwB-

Perhaps I need some extensive change on runes and weapons and gear, I'm low-medium funded (200ish gold).

• double standard in discipline, yet no banner as utility (it's a wasted trait already)
  • double sigil of force on your axes (only one will apply, so one is wasted)

HoT maps can be quite difficult to melee players that focus on damage and your build is a true melee glass so it's understandable if you struggle.

Mkay.

1) Sigils of Force do not stack, switch one out for a Sigil of Bloodlust.2) Do not forget that Building Momentum is giving you 15 endurance every burst hit, so dodge more often.3) Don't bother trying to upkeep Peak Performance, SoM is roughly the same DPS increase for less effort, but you don't really need that.4) Swap the jewels in your trinkets for Ruby ones.

Swap out your runes for Superior Runes of Vampirism. As you kill things you'll get 10% HP back, per kill, no ICD.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxAEdflRwuYOsFmJOyWWtKA-zxQUhomYLcHaKvRhL3MEiUAVyA/DA-e

Use Headbutt to engage, Brave Stride will feed it stability for the DPS increase. Use Outrage. F1 -> Arc Divider-> F1 -> swap ->Axe DPS chain.

Axe DPS chain: Axe 5 -> F1 -> Axe 2 -> Axe 3 -> F1 -> Axe 4 -> Axe 3 -> F1 -> AA until full adrenaline -> F1 -> Repeat using Axe 2->3, Axe 4->3, and Axe 5 off CD. Outside of Berserk Mode do not interrupt the AA chain, in the Axe DPS chain priority is given to multi hit skills asap to build adrenaline with which to spam F1. Walk out of the red circles, dodge if you can't. With the amount of F1 spamming you should be doing you should rebuild endurance at a high enough rate to stay alive.

Swap Wild Blow in the link above for Endure pain and Blood Reckoning for Defiant Stance if you need to DPS while standing in red circles (Like in the Aetherblade FotM, holding Mai Trin agro while standing the the blue AoE to remove her damage reduction stacks). Also a good set of training wheels in OWPvE until you get better.

Beyond that work towards an ascended set of gear. These can either be crafted, gained through collections, gained in FotM, and in WvW when you rank up.

I suggest using your laurels to purchase an amulet and some accessories. If you have WvW/PvP tickets you can buy the from the vendors there as well including rings. If you have LS currencies laying around then you can get trinkets from there as well.

Once you have a full set of ascended trinkets I suggest playing FotM at reset, and do the dailies + recs at the tier you are able to do. You will slowly acquire ascended armor and weapons that way. That is the cheap option, the expensive option is to craft the armor and weapons directly.

There is about a 10% stat difference, which means you'll kill things faster and thus stay alive rather than die.

@DeadlyOp.2847 said:@"Lan Deathrider.5910" You think rune of vampirism is better than berserkers runes?

Runes of the Berserker are part condi so no. The healing from vampirism will help you stay alive as you cleave mobs. If you are having survival problems then going full DPS does you no good, dead DPS deals 0 dps, so adding in some sustain will help you more than a max DPS rune set.

Dodge more, land your F1's, and learn your DPS rotation. As your survival improves you can slot more dps.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxAEdflZwuYYsQWJOWPWLPA-zxQUhomYLcHaKvihLOwEIiCo0QoiIwvZJsZA-e

That build has a lot more sustain in PvE. Might will heal you and give you endurance. You should survive fine and deal sufficient DPS.

Pick either the GS or the axes, put a mace/shield in the other set for breakbars.

FGS and axe mastery still give benefits without said weapons equipped, but feel free to swap axe mastery of you prefer GS.

@"DeadlyOp.2847" said:I'm a player used to play around 2019, and now I'm back to play, level 80 (38 mastery) Warrior human.The problem is that every time I'm getting outnumbered more than 2v1 at PvE I'm getting completly screwed over, specially vs Chak's with posion.Not speaking about Bosses or even veterans, I'm getting sometimes really low after using "To the limit" (Long CD).

Please guys I need some help to understand what's wrong with my build, any help or advice will be much appreciated.I do know that there's a lot for me to improve on positioning in the fights and everything but berserker suppose to be healing TONS via the attacks, and on my case its not that.All of my gear and specs are in the link.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxAEdflFwQYTMRWJO2WWtKA-zxQUhomYLcHaKvSBMKkOyLiCoicQwB-

Perhaps I need some extensive change on runes and weapons and gear, I'm low-medium funded (200ish gold).

Hello, I had a look over your build and gear. I understand that you want to save on gold, gear wise I have two very important suggestions you can change right now with minimal cost:

1. Since you're currently in some exotics, until you can afford to go ascended, run dungeons like citadel of flame, crucible of eternity, or arah and upgrade your armor/weapons to berserker and not assassin's.
  2. Put superior rune of Eagle inside your armor slots and get rid of wurm. The reason for this is you have gain ferocity based on vitality when you have no investment in vitality. Even if you did, eagle runes will still outdamage wurm significantly because of it adding a % based modifier.

After making these quick changes which if you run dungeons it should cost you less than 2 gold, next you want to slowly focus on attaining ascended berserkers - you can get the trinkets for free from living story. A few things build wise you can change are dropping the banner trait in discipline when not running banners for condi removal on swap, get rid of throw bolas as it's pretty bad, especially in PvE. Change your heal to the berserker heal since it's stronger than to the limit for berserker. Activating this gives you near full adrenaline, heals you while you do damage AND more importantly if used while in berserker it resets the cooldown of your F1 and instantly allows you to activate it again. This is excellent for greatsword especially if you need aoe clear as you can arc divider back to back and then swap to axe to continue the onslaught. This also extends berserker mode a few seconds.

Now if you've done all this and your main issue is still survivability, I know some people here would recommend swapping to marauders, but please consider my suggestion instead. Use Valkyrie armor (still with eagle runes), and slowly add up to a maximum of 3 more Valkyrie trinkets. Drop the discipline line and take arms - middle-middle-up. This way you'll end up with 26k+ health, same power and Crit damage as a full berserker warrior, and arms will make it so that you have 100% Crit chance on your berserker mode skills and a lower cooldown on signets. You can swap out last stand for dolyak signet as well.