Abyss Stalker outfit hips wider than other outfits. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Abyss Stalker outfit hips wider than other outfits.

I'm not the only one who has noticed this right? That the Abyss Stalker outfit looks like it doubles the width of legs and hips?

Comments

• Zapgrind.2197Zapgrind.2197 Member ✭✭
    edited October 12, 2020

It's the armor elements, if you look close enough. And it's also one of the reasons I bought this outfit

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

I like it, It's one of the few male outfits with some actual shape in the legs.

• Friday.7864Friday.7864 Member ✭✭✭

I stared a lot at my characters behind after getting that outfit...
    Anyway, it's ok the way it is.

• Ehhh, I'd prefer it if the outfit actually match my characters shape.

Hate Is Fuel.

• @The Greyhawk.9107 said:
    Ehhh, I'd prefer it if the outfit actually match my characters shape.

I can get behind this... if female Sylvari and especially Norn get human female tier figures. Norn have no hips.

• Kichwas.7152Kichwas.7152 Member ✭✭✭

@Timbersword.9014 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I can get behind this... if female Sylvari and especially Norn get human female tier figures. Norn have no hips.

One of the Sylvari cultural armors actually goes the other way and significantly reduces bust size. Tier 2 light I think - I swapped in the nightmare court dungeon set top to avoid that.

I would only be for all outfits NOT modifying the body shape if we then could have a better range of body shapes across the humanoid / sized race choices.

Just say no to butt-flaps. | 光復香港 時代革命

• @Kichwas.7152 said:

@Timbersword.9014 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

One of the Sylvari cultural armors actually goes the other way and significantly reduces bust size. Tier 2 light I think - I swapped in the nightmare court dungeon set top to avoid that.

I would only be for all outfits NOT modifying the body shape if we then could have a better range of body shapes across the humanoid / sized race choices.

Eh, from my understanding the current available body shapes are pretty much baked in, as such it might not be feasible to add new ones.

Hate Is Fuel.

@Kichwas.7152 said:

@Timbersword.9014 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Eh, from my understanding the current available body shapes are pretty much baked in, as such it might not be feasible to add new ones.

Highly doubtful. Honestly, most of them might as well have been manipulated by sliders using one base body figure per race/sex. Only reason I can figure we don't have these sliders ourselves? They wanted to keep people from breaking armor meshes and animations (no doubt if they didn't want Sylvari to have massive chests, they simply wouldn't let us.)

• I noticed it right away. After some experimenting, the only model it works on is the Norn. Which is sad, because it just annihilates the proportions of my other toons, and I got it for a human character. I would very much prefer my humans/sylvari kept the shapes I gave them.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, the bowlegged aspect is why I did not buy it despite liking the aesthetic otherwise.

• Thicc is love, thicc is life. The only better outfit than this one is Primal Warden outfit. That outfit bringin the booty.

• @Depths.4051 said:
    Thicc is love, thicc is life. The only better outfit than this one is Primal Warden outfit. That outfit bringin the booty.

That one actually seems to better match character models, ironically.

Hate Is Fuel.

• @Timbersword.9014 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@Kichwas.7152 said:

@Timbersword.9014 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Highly doubtful. Honestly, most of them might as well have been manipulated by sliders using one base body figure per race/sex. Only reason I can figure we don't have these sliders ourselves? They wanted to keep people from breaking armor meshes and animations (no doubt if they didn't want Sylvari to have massive chests, they simply wouldn't let us.)

I'm only going by what I've seen others that are more knowledgeable on the subject say, not something I came up with myself.

Hate Is Fuel.

@Timbersword.9014 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@Kichwas.7152 said:

@Timbersword.9014 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I'm only going by what I've seen others that are more knowledgeable on the subject say, not something I came up with myself.

And I'm going by what is logically observable. The tech is there, we just don't have access to it.
    And unfortunately, this wouldn't be the first time Anet has gone "can't be done" yet later delivered anyway.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

same thing can be said about a lot of plate gears, they make my skinny sylvari look so fat

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭