AFK Minion Master Exploiting

You can just report this as botting.

There was a very long and very extensive thread about AFK farming long ago. I have been away for some time but I believe the stance on this probably will still be the same as then. This thread is on the old forums, here is a link to the post of Chris Cleary, game support lead: LINK

The thread is very long and has tons of nonsense by players trying to defend AFK-farming and getting "around the rules" so I will repeat the three points that make this forbidden here once again for everyone who might come to this thread to restart the argument that this behaviour is ok and should not be reported:

1) You are AFK. This means if a GM moves you or tries to interact with you in any way, you do not respond/react or show any sign of "being actually there".2) You are in a position where you benefit from being AFK, as in "your logged in charakter is getting loot, karma, or any kind of ingame reward".3) Your character is doing something (this includes the autocast feature of the game client itself and is not limited to third-party programs or bots).

So lets say you are a necromancer with pets out. You position yourself somewhere, where sometimes mob spawn and then go afk. Your charakter is standing there being idle, not doing anything, your pets defend the character and kill mobs, your charakter gets loot by the autoloot function of HoT. Is this ok? Yes, as point 3 does not apply. Also, you will be disconnected be the game after a while automatically.

Let's say you are a necromancer with pets our. You position yourself in such a spot but the above method is not good enough for you. Either you sometimes get killed, or the mobs are killing too slowly for your taste, or you are getting disconnected too quickly for your taste for being afk or whatever other reason you may find. So you use some kind of macro program/mouse software/built-in keyboard hardwarefunction or even the game's own autocast function to have your character do something to help the pets, whatever it may be. Any action your character takes counts, casting a spell, moving, targetting things, you name it. This is the point where you will be subject to account action if someone reports you and the GM finds out what you are doing, even if it is only casting a heal spell on yourself every 25 minutes (regardless if it is needed or not and regardless of it is automated or not, if you come to the pc every 25 minutes to press a button this does not mean you are playing the game, Arenanet calls it extended unattended play) to stop the game from disconnecting you.

I hope this is clear enough, in the old thread people came up with the weirdest ideas how to defend the things they were doing to get loot while not actually playing.

Archived