Profession Skills “In PvP only” xDD — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Profession Skills “In PvP only” xDD

Flee.5602Flee.5602 Member ✭✭

NICE......

Comments

• 6-8 weeks bois

• Strages.2950Strages.2950 Member ✭✭✭

Here have a rehashed Halloween festival and kitten off for a couple more months until we find yet another way to disappoint the community in your game mode.

Thanks Anet.

• ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭✭

Better not touch what's already broken imho. sPvP is not even on life support now. Cherish what's left of WVW fiesta while it lasts. lol

• knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭

@Hadi.6025 said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More lay-offs please?

Well, he did say closer. This is technically closer than what we used to get. Maybe we can nail it down by the time Guild Wars Mobile comes out.

If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?
    If they would pull that kitten on me, i would sue instantly. And i have enough time and money to finish that.
    Balance? More like a bunch of random nerfs done by interns.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sad.......

• Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭

It's just moving numbers up and down, we're not missing out on anything.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

The sad part is that we expected to find changes...

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't wait to see this one removed like my last 2 posts about how the WvW update section was missing/blank...

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭

We're past due for a follow-up to the big update, but this patch is just a set of changes focused on the decap meta. You don't want these kinds of little tweaks in WvW.

• @ASP.8093 said:
    We're past due for a follow-up to the big update, but this patch is just a set of changes focused on the decap meta. You don't want these kinds of little tweaks in WvW.

Wait did anything change for wvw?

@Valelutra.9128 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

Wait did anything change for wvw?

Zilch, as far as I can tell.

• Hadi.6025Hadi.6025 Member ✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    We got the halloween reward track.

It takes 6+ hours to get the same amount of bags you get with 20 minutes of labyrinth, but thats beside the point. We still got it.

Halloween reward track is a standard update that comes with the game every year.... your comment makes no sense.

Not the Leader of " I will make you [QQ] ", just some how a mascot who everyone loves to hate.

• Hadi.6025Hadi.6025 Member ✭✭✭

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@Hadi.6025 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

It takes 6+ hours to get the same amount of bags you get with 20 minutes of labyrinth, but thats beside the point. We still got it.

Halloween reward track is a standard update that comes with the game every year.... your comment makes no sense.

Sarcasm ...it's called sarcasm.

oH hOw wAs I suPPoSe tO kNoW tHaT ?

Not the Leader of " I will make you [QQ] ", just some how a mascot who everyone loves to hate.

• ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hadi.6025 said:

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@Hadi.6025 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Sarcasm ...it's called sarcasm.

oH hOw wAs I suPPoSe tO kNoW tHaT ?

OwMaGaWd! I don't KNow! :p

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

The obvious explanation is that Cal hit a hole in one his first time at the tee and those smaller, more frequent correction passes were unnecessary.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

edited October 14, 2020

@LetoII.3782 said:
    The obvious explanation is that Cal hit a hole in one his first time at the tee and those smaller, more frequent correction passes were unnecessary.

Jokes aside, I don't actually hate the current balance state, it's just ugly -- lots of weird little warts from inconsistent patch changes, jacked-up skills and traits that you're just supposed to skip over, sad little glitches holding back otherwise cool abilities, &c. But in terms of the basic "Can I pick a build and go fight people, and have fun doing it?" It's not bad right now, imo.

@ASP.8093 said:
    in terms of the basic "Can I pick a build and go fight people, and have fun doing it?" It's not bad right now, imo.

Well, one could always do that... So long as you avoid certain FoTM builds or don't mind being at a disadvantage.

But from a meta standpoint, I'd really like to see standing in one big clump not be such a dominant playstyle. We've rolled back damage, now some support abilities need the same treatment.

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

WvW was treated like a competitive game mode for one whole weekend. The balance patch made some changes to both wvw and pvp. But, ever since then, Anet has gone back to treating wvw like it was pve. So, there is only 2 game modes...PvP and PvE. WvW doesn't even exist as a game mode.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

edited October 14, 2020

@LetoII.3782 said:

@ASP.8093 said:
    in terms of the basic "Can I pick a build and go fight people, and have fun doing it?" It's not bad right now, imo.

Well, one could always do that... So long as you avoid certain FoTM builds or don't mind being at a disadvantage.

But from a meta standpoint, I'd really like to see standing in one big clump not be such a dominant playstyle. We've rolled back damage, now some support abilities need the same treatment.

What's funny is that Quickness got WvW/PvP duration nerfed hard, so much so that it's basically just not used in WvW aside from roaming burst builds rocking Sigil of Celerity (and that's fine, imo), but basically no other boon got that treatment.

@ASP.8093 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

What's funny is that Quickness got WvW/PvP duration nerfed hard, so much so that it's basically just not used in WvW aside from roaming burst builds rocking Sigil of Celerity (and that's fine, imo), but basically no other boon got that treatment.

Not to mention un-boons that didn't used to exist like superspeed and rite of the dwarf.

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

Rumor says devs responsible for balance are working on new elite specs, thus the lack of balance patches.

[NUKE]

• Since my last comment was deleted for being "off topic", let me rephrase.

A balance patch happens and it's new "content" for about 3 days until everyone's bored and angry again. Stop pretending a patch every 4 - 6 weeks will stop any of you from complaining.

Everyone knew this was a Halloween patch.

My Youtube: Coconut Racecar
    Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [PANG] Save The Cave

@SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    Stop pretending a patch every 4 - 6 weeks will stop any of you from complaining.

I do believe Anet was trying to tell you that went without saying.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2020

@LetoII.3782 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

I wonder if a week of using the fractal instability of ‘Boon Overload’ and one opposite of ‘Stick Together’ would allow people to see the benefits in overall game play when you can’t clump up as much.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Mistlock_Instability

Of course, it likely can’t be ported over the WvW without creating so much more lag that leaving spawn kills you.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

I wonder if a week of using the fractal instability of ‘Boon Overload’ and one opposite of ‘Stick Together’ would allow people to see the benefits in overall game play when you can’t clump up as much.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Mistlock_Instability

Of course, it likely can’t be ported over the WvW without creating so much more lag that leaving spawn kills you.

A good idea, but I can't imagine Anet ever enacting an exclusive meta... Their whole attitude so far having been the opposite.

I think the only realistic change might be to stop actively encouraging stack and spam gameplay, put it on a more equal footing with thinking for yourself and proactive skill use.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, PvP balance should be different from WvW. Issues are going to be inflated in PvP since most of the time you are going to have to keep in range to a fixed point on the map which means skills are going to land. You can't use that balance in WvW where people just move out of the way. Plus most of the times you will have a far greater fight imbalance in WvW. Balancing WvW using PvP as a metric is questionable at best due to differences in the environment alone.

@Samug.6512 said:
    Rumor says devs responsible for balance are working on new elite specs, thus the lack of balance patches.

That's not a bad thing. Personally the large cut we received at the beginning of the year was similar to what we saw each time new elites come out, which is also what makes them feel stronger since the new designs aren't vetted until people find all the combos that provide the biggest bang for the buck.

That said since it was stated as bring everything down and then back up where it makes sense, not knowing if there is no back up would be helpful. Regearing to have to just regear can be frustrating and we lose people overtime by doing this.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

• ye i think you missed the mark anet when we said skill splits. lump pvp/ wvw together, don't worry it'll work. cuz we kill players in wvw.

Te lazla otstara.