Game crashing when I log in on LA - resolved — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Game crashing when I log in on LA - resolved

montecristo.1324montecristo.1324 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 13, 2020 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Hello, after the lates patch of 13 Oct 2020 I can't log in on my character in LA

=== UPDATE ===

after rebooting it worked

Comments

• @montecristo.1324 said:
    Hello, after the lates patch of 13 Oct 2020 I can't log in on my character in LA

=== UPDATE ===

after rebooting it worked

What's rebooting?
    I have the same issue as yours man all I wanted is to meet the mad king

• Kaze.2084Kaze.2084 Member ✭✭

same, ive already tried -repair and reboot and crash after mad king LA loading screen...

• DrChevron.9730DrChevron.9730 Member
    edited October 13, 2020

I can't log in at all. Tried restarting my comp and it didn't help. It gets to the character select, I pick ones on different maps, and it crashes right as it would log in. I can hear the sound it makes as soon as you log in and I can hear my mini for a second, then it crashes.

• trebor.8673trebor.8673 Member
    edited October 13, 2020

After having this issue myself, go in and lower your graphics settings to best performance. At least this worked for me

@trebor.8673 said:
    After having this issue myself, go in and lower your graphics settings to best performance. At least this worked for me

after lowering graphics i was able to enter LA maybe 3 secoonds? and crashed. Afterwards i couldnt repeat this result again and just instant crash even at lowest settings...

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

Same problem. Repair/reboot/lowering graphics settings has no positive effect. Game 100% borked for me.

• Same here partially, I can get into LA and the Labyrinth, but crash out to desktop constantly.
    7 times the last hour.

They just did a small update and I can get in game for exactly 1 second then it crashes.

• for me the fix was to remove ARCDPS once again. Until there is new patch i assume crashes will happen. Keep on forgeting it though...

@Necrid.6247 said:
    for me the fix was to remove ARCDPS once again. Until there is new patch i assume crashes will happen. Keep on forgeting it though...

This worked for me! I simply cut/paste d3d9.dll in bin64 out of GW2 directory, and now I am in LA!

I did -repair and it seems to work now.