What is the Promote reaction for?

Danikat.8537

As you may have noticed our profile pages show 4 possible reactions: Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, Helpful and Promote. But each post only has buttons for the first 3. We don't have the option to 'promote' a post, and so far I've not seen it used anywhere.

Does anyone know what it does or how it's activated? Is it maybe something only Anet staff can do?

@Danikat.8537 said:As you may have noticed our profile pages show 4 possible reactions: Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, Helpful and Promote. But each post only has buttons for the first 3. We don't have the option to 'promote' a post, and so far I've not seen it used anywhere.

Does anyone know what it does or how it's activated? Is it maybe something only Anet staff can do?

I googled Vanilla Forums and promote, and this is what I found. I'm only guessing it's something like this:

Promote good comments: Comments that receive positive Reactions can be highlighted. The threshold for what gets highlighted is configurable. The default threshold is a score of +5 points.

Archived