Warclaw outside WvW — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Warclaw outside WvW

uberkingkong.8041uberkingkong.8041 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 14, 2020 in WvW

Whenever I go in WvW, say I had Roller beetle before, now I'm in WvW all I get is Warclaw, I use, now I leave back to PvE. I load my mount, and all sudden from Roller Beetle is Warclaw.
How annoying right!?

Maybe just maybe if they made Warclaw a decent mount outside of WvW.
Maybe just maybe have WvW exp be used for something OUTSIDE WvW. Like spend 5 WvW points, Warclaw can leap ALMOST as good like 4/5 as good as the raptor.
Like spend 25 points Warclaw can jump 1/3 as high as the bunny mount.
Like spent 50 points, your Warclaw can glide in air if you hold jump.
Like spend 100 points it moves 20% faster than its sluggish speed already.

Now I wouldn't mind Roller Beetle being forcefully replaced with Warclaw after I came back from a small amount of playtime in WvW.
It would also make me want to play WvW more and grind to get those points for it.

Comments

  • Kichwas.7152Kichwas.7152 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2020

    It is purposefully a rather weak mount, with a curious ability early into the training to let people on foot who are near it run just as fast as it.

    • and even without that ability they can almost keep pace with you.
    • Anything else would make WvW something that accounts with Path of Fire would so dominate that it might as well end up being locked out for 'free' accounts.

    It's meant to be slightly useful in WvW, but not dominating. All of the other mounts are meant to be 'radical game changers' once you unlock them.

    Yeah it would be cool to have that look on a mount that worked like the raptor - which is actually what it is, a weakened raptor, but... if they did that it would need a version for WvW and a version for outside of WvW.

    Personally I'm fine with things as they are. One thing the mount does do is signify who on your WvW team is most likely dedicated enough to have at least been playing the format for a few days, and who is just a roaming tourist following the catmander icon... if you're planning an assault, that's useful information in deciding your odds of success or if you should just go it 'casual style' and accept that your team will get rolled.

    Just say no to butt-flaps. | 光復香港 時代革命

  • uberkingkong.8041uberkingkong.8041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2020

    @Kichwas.7152 said:
    It is purposefully a rather weak mount, with a curious ability early into the training to let people on foot who are near it run just as fast as it.

    • and even without that ability they can almost keep pace with you.
    • Anything else would make WvW something that accounts with Path of Fire would so dominate that it might as well end up being locked out for 'free' accounts.

    It's meant to be slightly useful in WvW, but not dominating. All of the other mounts are meant to be 'radical game changers' once you unlock them.

    Yeah it would be cool to have that look on a mount that worked like the raptor - which is actually what it is, a weakened raptor, but... if they did that it would need a version for WvW and a version for outside of WvW.

    Personally I'm fine with things as they are. One thing the mount does do is signify who on your WvW team is most likely dedicated enough to have at least been playing the format for a few days, and who is just a roaming tourist following the catmander icon... if you're planning an assault, that's useful information in deciding your odds of success or if you should just go it 'casual style' and accept that your team will get rolled.

    What about you leaving WvW, and before you had roller beetle, now back in PvE your defaulted to Warclaw.
    Do you enjoy this?

    It's a reward for WvW'ers to stay on Warclaw in PvE and it can do 1/3 1/2 1/4 good as other mounts can do.
    Jack of trades best at none in PvE is what I'd like to see with Warclaw.

    Instead of masteries, just use WvW points.

  • @CashCow.9548 said:
    Not this thread again...

    Takes literally less than 2 seconds to swap back to your beetle when you leave WvW. If you forget... well your problem. Complaining here will not change a thing.
    And there are already plenty of mounts for all your desires outside of WvW. Absolutely ZERO reason to make Warclaw any better outside of WvW. It's a niche mount, designed for WvW and WvW only.

    Please lets stop already.

    Bro I want the Warclaw to be a good mount.
    You know how they do balance?

    Warclaw needs a buff.

  • It was purposely designed to be a WvW mount with little to no function in PvE. Anet devs themselves said this when it was designed and released. Give it up already

  • ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2020

    @uberkingkong.8041 said:
    What about you leaving WvW, and before you had roller beetle, now back in PvE your defaulted to Warclaw.
    Do you enjoy this?

    The mount icon in the skill bar will show you your currently selected mount.

    It takes 2 clicks to change your currently selected mount.

    This is absolutely trivial compared to emptying your bags or checking your equipment templates.

  • uberkingkong.8041uberkingkong.8041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2020

    @sevenDEADLY.5281 said:
    It was purposely designed to be a WvW mount with little to no function in PvE. Anet devs themselves said this when it was designed and released. Give it up already

    I mean if you can't use other mounts in WvW, it should be same in PvE.
    If its designed to be useless in PvE, just don't allow it there.

    What they should have done was just let you use whatever mount you usually use and nerf the hell outta them when they in WvW.

    But since we have Warclaw, and it can be used in PvE.
    Mine as well make it somewhat useful.
    The best way to make it useful and not make other mounts feel bad, is by making it jack of trades mount. The only thing it shouldn't be able to do is fly, and teleport.

    I aint want any negativity in this thread.
    This is a glass half full thread.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    First OP complains about pve mount not defaulting to last used, which is a problem anet should fix really - but using it as the reason to buff warclaw is just so silly. Secondly, Warclaw was meant to be cosmetic outside of wvw for fashion wars, not as a functional mount for pve, we already have a bunch of pve mounts for certain situations. The devs also said they can only deal with the wvw aspect of the mount skills iirc from what Raymond said a long time ago, and that they weren't meant to touch any of its pve aspects because that is for another team. That is what I vaguely remember anyways. The only thing I can agree with is that anet should fix putting back the last mount we used in pve when we return from wvw.

  • Strider.7849Strider.7849 Member ✭✭✭

    @uberkingkong.8041 said:

    @CashCow.9548 said:
    Not this thread again...

    Takes literally less than 2 seconds to swap back to your beetle when you leave WvW. If you forget... well your problem. Complaining here will not change a thing.
    And there are already plenty of mounts for all your desires outside of WvW. Absolutely ZERO reason to make Warclaw any better outside of WvW. It's a niche mount, designed for WvW and WvW only.

    Please lets stop already.

    Bro I want the Warclaw to be a good mount.
    You know how they do balance?

    Warclaw needs a buff.

    It's already extremely powerful in WvW. A free barrier, out of combat swiftness for any class, 2 extra free dodges (this alone is huge in a PvP environments), and an engage skill that will either apply free DPS or force a dodge out of an opponent. It was an unneeded addition to WvW, but it's here to stay. It's also a massive improvement for zerglings getting back to their commanders.

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2020

    It would definitly be a QoL thing, if the game remembered which mount is bound to the mount key in each game mode separately. My mount/unmount shortcut is ctrl+space (easy and quickly to use with one hand) and it would be nice, if I could bind that to the griffon in pve and to warclaw in wvw. Anet can do that with templates, so they could do it with mounts too.

    Besides that: No, warclaw does not need buffs in pve.

  • Doesn't Battle Maul do like stupid high damage in PvE? So that's kind of it's thing then. Burst engage.

    My Youtube: Coconut Racecar
    Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [PANG] Save The Cave

  • Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

    Warclaw should be the "core" mount you should be getting, if you only have the vanilla game or HoT (and no PoF).

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gorani.7205 said:
    Warclaw should be the "core" mount you should be getting, if you only have the vanilla game or HoT (and no PoF).

    Stupidly enough, that actually make perfect sense. It wouldnt make it any less kitten in PvE though.

    gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    Doesn't Battle Maul do like stupid high damage in PvE? So that's kind of it's thing then. Burst engage.

    No it shares the mediocre 3.301 damage with the raptor and the griffon. The springer and the skyskale deal more damage and have even additional effects.

    Warclaw is completely useless in pve. It is outclassed by the raptor in its mobility and utility (the raptor has an additional pull to the equal damage). All the other mounts are hard to compare to it, because they offer different mechanics.

    Doubling the damage of battle maul in pve would give the mount at least some minor purpose.

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    @Widmo.3186 said:
    Who cares about PvE xD
    You want to talk about PvE, go to PvE subforum. This is WvW subforum and we care only about how Warclaw works in WvW, other gamemodes are irrelevant

    The mods could already have moved the thread to the right subforum, like they usually do it with offtopic threads. Takes a bit long this time. Maybe tomorrow when the weekend is over...

  • uberkingkong.8041uberkingkong.8041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    WvW is mastery points for Warclaw
    They should be given in PvE too

    Break the walls down mastery should deal MASSIVE CC damage. Now the Warclaw can be useful in PvE.

    "we need people stay on their warclaws, this boss has many breakbars, and warclaw deals massive breakbar damage"

    now its useful again

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2020

    @uberkingkong.8041 said:

    Bro I want the Warclaw to be a good mount.

    Warclaw is already a good mount, you have just not figured out what its strength is...

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @uberkingkong.8041 said:
    WvW is mastery points for Warclaw
    They should be given in PvE too

    Break the walls down mastery should deal MASSIVE CC damage. Now the Warclaw can be useful in PvE.

    "we need people stay on their warclaws, this boss has many breakbars, and warclaw deals massive breakbar damage"

    now its useful again

    Except we already have mounts that cover this ability so no, that wouldn't make it useful in PVE.

    If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

  • Leave the Warclaw as it is!!! If 7 mounts in PvE is not good enough for you, nothing will be good enough. And changing back is two clicks, how lazy are you??? Maybe key bound your mounts and the problem is permanently fixed. A good example is control and 1 for raptor, control and 2 skyscale, etc etc etc.

    But please devs, leave the Warclaw as is!!