Just say you don't know how to fix the lag, Anet

Pretty sure they have acknowledged the problem.

Still, it's very annoying that all my "hmm, I feel like some Gw2" days for the past bunch of months have ended with me getting kittened off at the game and quitting because of the lag.I don't know what or if there is anything Anet can do about it but I've lost a lot of motivation to play Gw2 over these issues.I'll probably not invest any real time in Gw2 again until the voice work patches drop for the last 2 episodes of living world which I still haven't played and am eagerly waiting for.

@"thugjudge.3240" said:Just admit it. Just say, "hey there's nothing we can do". It's not a secret that everyone is having problems, and at this point it's obvious you either can't or won't fix it.

The bare minimum you can do is acknowledge the problem. Literally, bare minimum.

They've certainly acknowledged it, but they haven't done anything else formerly.

Someone mentioned a dev said it was a problem with the code the current team can't fix, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Either way, it is long overdue for an update on the problem, but they are steadfastly refusing to talk to us

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Someone mentioned a dev said it was a problem with the code the current team can't fix, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I'm curious, where is this information coming from?

Same, I am not familiar with any such statement.You got any links for that Randulf?

If it's true it would certainly explain why I only seem to be having lag issues with Gw2 and not any other games I play.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Someone mentioned a dev said it was a problem with the code the current team can't fix, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I'm curious, where is this information coming from?

Same, I am not familiar with any such statement.You got any links for that Randulf?

If it's true it would certainly explain why I only seem to be having lag issues with Gw2 and not any other games I play.

It was on the forums last week. If I can find the poster who spoke about it I’ll link to it. Think they said the dev mentioned it in a twitch stream, but I’d have pull it back up.

So keep in mind it’s second hand info so don’t post too much stock to it hence why I said I could verify it’s accuracy. It could easily be nonsense

edit it’s the 4th or 5th post downhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/108240/pof-lws4-maps-are-still-lagging-during-meta-events-merged/p1

@thugjudge.3240 said:It's not a secret that everyone is having problems,

Not everyone.

@Randulf.7614 said:Someone mentioned a dev said it was a problem with the code the current team can't fix, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

They were wrong. Their source was a WvW stream a few of the devs did and nothing was stated that it was the code.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Not everyone.

They were wrong. Their source was a WvW stream a few of the devs did and nothing was stated that it was the code.

Ah yes I found the posters comment in the bug forum and just saw your reply there too.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Not everyone.

Everyone in pof maps has server lag..

@aspirine.6852 said:

Not everyone.

Everyone in pof maps has server lag..

Many people do (me included) but there is a sub section reporting no issues in PoF and LS4. This might be the crux of the delay in fixing it

Yeah PoF and IBS maps are the biggest culprits for me as well.

I get some occasional spikes here and there in some other areas of the game but those are very minor compared to the huge spikes I get in PoF etc

I spent a good hour doing some halloween achievements today with no trouble, went to The Desolation to kill someone awakened and massive skill lags, It's so weird.