Fix the broken teleport spots in spvp maps

Hot Boy.7138

There are spots in various maps that you are supposed to be able to teleport (shadowstep/blink/etc) to but you cannot. If you try to teleport to the spot on the same terrain and elevation right next to it, it works without issue, but that little cluster of pixels it fails. And when in a crutch, it will get you killed when you quickly try to outmanuever an opponent and it fails for no good reason.

@Avatar.3568 said:If you are not on the same terrain it's intended to not port there, because it has no valid pass

If that is intended then there should be no inconsistencies. Being able to port to a level that is accessible except for one small cluster of pixels is unacceptable. Remove all the teleport spots or fix all the telport spots. There shouldn't be any inconsistencies in the teleport rules.

@Avatar.3568 said:It's not inconsistent, show me your problematic spots per clip or screen shot and than we can talk

your comments are so full of bs and I think you know it too. The op is absolutely correct in what he is talking about and I know because i'm a thief main and I have to deal with this every match just about. I literally get no valid paths trying to teleport on flat ground into a guy on a point. Just a couple days ago i had one that made me want to die. I was 1v1ing this deadeye on silent storm and I had him down to a killing blow. My sword 3 was loaded as was my steal. I was standing on the point while he was standing on the bridge leading into the point. I use my steal and 3 and boom, no valid path. I proceeded to die in game and in real life. don't even pretend like this isn't a thing....

@MindWipe.3028 said:

@Avatar.3568 said:It's not inconsistent, show me your problematic spots per clip or screen shot and than we can talk

your comments are so full of bs and I think you know it too. The op is absolutely correct in what he is talking about and I know because i'm a thief main and I have to deal with this every match just about. I literally get no valid paths trying to teleport on flat ground into a guy on a point. Just a couple days ago i had one that made me want to die. I was 1v1ing this deadeye on silent storm and I had him down to a killing blow. My sword 3 was loaded as was my steal. I was standing on the point while he was standing on the bridge leading into the point. I use my steal and 3 and boom, no valid path. I proceeded to die in game and in real life. don't even pretend like this isn't a thing....

When there is a hight difference or objects between you and the ground you wanna port, you get a no valid path, this was made that not every thief, guard, Rev w/e can port you to death, it's a Form of kiting, when you are trying to port to a flat ground and you are on one of these objects or highgrounds than nobody than yourself can help you, go down of it and than port.Some Ports are still enabled, learn the spots and stop crying in the forum about bugs, when it's just not having the wisedom.Believe it or believe it not

Kyhlo, the other day, windmill. I was down in that small valley next to the point and couldn't port up the ledge, those small wood barricades. I panicked and clicked like three times, no chance and I died.

It is definitely buggy. The tiniest obstacles prevent ports, that's probably what happened to me. The ledge has some wooden barricades and there is a small ledge after that. Don't know if this is better than "port anywhere", but it makes teleports sometimes very frustrating.

Could be solved with more detailed maps, but I fear there is no way they will improve this ever.

It is absolutely inconsistent. They're talking about places you ARE able to port to with no pathing issues, but a tiny rock or slight deviation in the ground blocks it when moving the cursor over 2 inches ports just fine. You can get no valid pathing on flat ground you're just trying to port ahead on, not even up elevation. We don't need specific pictures or videos, it's common knowledge that porting doesn't work right.

@Avatar.3568 said:

When there is a hight difference or objects between you and the ground you wanna port, you get a no valid path, this was made that not every thief, guard, Rev w/e can port you to death, it's a Form of kiting, when you are trying to port to a flat ground and you are on one of these objects or highgrounds than nobody than yourself can help you, go down of it and than port.Some Ports are still enabled, learn the spots and stop crying in the forum about bugs, when it's just not having the wisedom.Believe it or believe it not

Wrong, you can quite literally port from a lower floor to an upper floor. Height makes no difference to pathing.

I mean some spots are just genuinely buggy and doesnt allow you to port, that happens to everyone at a time but there are designated spots that are designed to stop teleports.. hence why they are called "no tp spots" or "kiting spots" sometimes, if it bugs it bugs, but there is no use complaining about what anet put in 7/8 years ago as there has been 0 need to change (they specific spots i mean)

@"Kachros.4751" said:I mean some spots are just genuinely buggy and doesnt allow you to port, that happens to everyone at a time but there are designated spots that are designed to stop teleports.. hence why they are called "no tp spots" or "kiting spots" sometimes, if it bugs it bugs, but there is no use complaining about what anet put in 7/8 years ago as there has been 0 need to change (they specific spots i mean)

he doesnt mean no tp spots, he mans normal places you should be able to tp but cant, in a heat of a moment you might die cuz you didnt move the cursor 0,1cm to the right where it wont bug out on you. and if you spam like a madman it might even tp you in place and waste the skill