Why 3v3 offseason enforcement is a thing? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Why 3v3 offseason enforcement is a thing?

Basically what the title says, i absolutely hate 2v2 or 3v3, many builds are just not viable and people in pubs just play with their monitor turned off, why is 3v3/2v2 enforced rather than put together with the next 5v5 season?

Comments

• Tharan.9085Tharan.9085 Member ✭✭✭

You know you can just play unranked, right?

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

@ramorambo.6701 said:
    Basically what the title says, i absolutely hate 2v2 or 3v3, many builds are just not viable and people in pubs just play with their monitor turned off, why is 3v3/2v2 enforced rather than put together with the next 5v5 season?

well, every time a season ends, the next one takes about 2 weeks or so to start... previously we had just unranked in between. now we have the addition of 2v2 or 3v3... i can't see the downside here

want to play 5v5? go unranked while offseason
    want to play 2s or 3s? go the "mini ranked season"

it pleases everyone

• they do it because no matter what 5v5 will always have more value than 3v3 so if they spam 5v5 seasons it will just become more of a farmable thing than ever, as they used to just have breaks before, but the 2v2/3v3 is a filler so its neither enforced on anyone or is it the cause that 5v5 isnt happening again

• ramorambo.6701ramorambo.6701 Member ✭✭
    edited October 21, 2020

And why do we need such a long time before the next 5v5 season starts? most games take something like 1 or 2 days before the next season, not 2 entire weeks.
    Also for the other 2 guys, i literally answered your question about why playing unranked is just unfun so i don't know why you even ask

• Azreell.1568Azreell.1568 Member ✭✭✭

@ramorambo.6701 said:

There are many people who like the 2v2 - 3v3 options.

So while I respect your opinion , not everyone is on the same page as you.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Azreell.1568 said:

@ramorambo.6701 said:

There are many people who like the 2v2 - 3v3 options.

So while I respect your opinion , not everyone is on the same page as you.

Yeah, people who aren't Thief/Mesmer/Ranger mains.

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭✭

Because dear ANet is unable to do stuff like normal human beings working on video games and add 2v2/3v3 as another game mode. Or maybe they can, but they dont want to cuz population is already so low that with 3 game modes que would last forever, who knows

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons
    25.02.2020 edit - Nevermind, now I spam only 29 skill-buttons