this isnt the pentagon — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

this isnt the pentagon

How about a simple WARNING -- YOU HAVE USED THIS PASSWORD BEFORE!! Instead of FORCING ME to make up a BS password that I will NEVER remember when I change passwords because all the ones I would USUALLY USE have already been used and it WONT let me reuse them, even though I UNDERSTAND THE RISK!

Warn me, and then let ME ME ME decide if I want to use that password or not. Instead I have to make up something... Then when I get on my laptop a few days/weeks later, I cant remember what it was changed to, so I have to make up ANOTHER NEW BS password....

Stop the insanity. Let ME ME ME decide if I want to re-use it.!.!.!.!

Comments

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

Use a password manager like KeePass. Then you only have to remember one password.

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• Seera.5916Seera.5916 Member ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, due to the number of people who use the same password everywhere, ANet is very unlikely to do this.

It just invites people who just had their accounts stolen to go back to using the same password that lost them access to the account previously.

The many suffer for the few.

What you could do is if you've got an email that you know is secure and preferably not the one associated with your Guild Wars 2 account, in your contacts you could put just enough information to jog your memory about the password you use or the whole password if you feel like it.

The other option is as soon as you change your password on one computer, immediately log onto the other device and save the password.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

You could, you know, write it down somewhere. Just a thought.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• Or, you know, you could do just as I said... Post a warning, and if the fools get their account hacked then so be it.

As for writing it down.. I drive a truck. so 2 weeks from now, when I finally get time to sit down and play, I can look to try to find the piece of paper I scribbled the new password down on. Or... You know, you could do just as I said... Post a warning, and if the fools get their account hacked then so be it.

Or is that just too kitten simple?

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Meabeye.8304 said:
    Or, you know, you could do just as I said... Post a warning, and if the fools get their account hacked then so be it.

As for writing it down.. I drive a truck. so 2 weeks from now, when I finally get time to sit down and play, I can look to try to find the piece of paper I scribbled the new password down on. Or... You know, you could do just as I said... Post a warning, and if the fools get their account hacked then so be it.

Correct its not that kitten simple, because the person can say I did not see the warning now help me get my account back even if I lost it 50.000 times.

• Seera.5916Seera.5916 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Meabeye.8304 said:
    Or, you know, you could do just as I said... Post a warning, and if the fools get their account hacked then so be it.

The more players who get their accounts hacked the longer support takes to handle all of the tickets they get because of the increased volume. I'm just fine with ANet doing logical steps like this to reduce their load. Because of the people who refuse to change their password after getting their account hacked.

You could text it to yourself. You could save it as a phone contact. You could have a file on Google Drive with passwords to sites you use. There are a bunch of ways to store your password in such a way that you get access to it later on that would keep it secure.