How to obtain the raptor. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

How to obtain the raptor.

Hello everyone, i just bought the expansions and im also new to the game however, is there anyway to obtain the raptor without using the lvl 80 boost? i don't want to use it untill i get to know the game more and atleast hit lvl 80 on a character. i don't want to be a lvl 80 noob where i don't even have right specs

Comments

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2020

    The raptor is only gained by doing the first story instance in Path of Fire.

    I suppose it might be possible for someone to help you with the instance, assuming you can access the story pre-80

    Or you could make a separate character, boost it, get the raptor, then delete (or just never use it again) the character. Mounts are account wide

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • @Randulf.7614 said:
    The raptor is only gained by doing the first story instance in Path of Fire.

    I suppose it might be possible for someone to help you with the instance, assuming you can access the story pre-80

    i can't it says i need to be level 80 ;( does that mean i have no choice but to hit level 80 first?

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Slief.7481 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    The raptor is only gained by doing the first story instance in Path of Fire.

    I suppose it might be possible for someone to help you with the instance, assuming you can access the story pre-80

    i can't it says i need to be level 80 ;( does that mean i have no choice but to hit level 80 first?

    I've edited a third option into my reply for you

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Slief.7481Slief.7481 Member
    edited October 16, 2020

    @Randulf.7614 said:

    @Slief.7481 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    The raptor is only gained by doing the first story instance in Path of Fire.

    I suppose it might be possible for someone to help you with the instance, assuming you can access the story pre-80

    i can't it says i need to be level 80 ;( does that mean i have no choice but to hit level 80 first?

    I've edited a third option into my reply for you

    i guess i'm just going to hit level 80 first, i might want to change class in the future who knows? i'd rather keep the boost

    (Thanks for the help btw)

  • Hi!

    Good News!
    To unlock the raptor you do **not ** need to be level 80!
    Another player with a level 80 character can start the story and you'd join their story, and basically they will just carry you through the mission and at the end you get the raptor for free.
    I've done this several times to help people out, I think the only requisite is that the person who starts the mission hasn't played the mission before on that specific level 80 character.

  • DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2020

    If you do join someone's story, be sure to participate in the part where you save the village (fire, saving people). When I did it with my brother and daughter, my brother apparently didn't get enough participation there and so was not awarded the raptor. Had to do the story a second time.

    [edit] I will add that you could use the boost on another profession you are interested in, do the first story for the mount, and not pay attention to the story since you won't know what's going on anyway. By the time you play through everything leading up to it, I can't see that you'd be spoiled. Unless perhaps you blaze through content super fast and will be there next week, anyway. Then just park that boosted character at a node or chest until you are ready to play it.

    X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It may be worth bearing in mind that getting to level 80 by playing doesn't take that long relatively speaking and there are many other ways to speed it up or even do it instantly. The easiest is Tomes of Knowledge which come from login rewards among other places and grant 1 level each. You get 10 per month, plus another 6 if you choose the Chest of Grand Experience on the final day, so effectively every 5 - 8 months you can instantly level a character for free. You won't get the same items as the boost gives (in particular you won't have a full matching set of exotic equipment) but otherwise it's identical. So while it's a good idea to try to use it on a character you're confident you'll want to use, but don't want to level manually, it's not the end of the world if you get it wrong or change your mind later because there are free alternatives.

    On the other hand the raptor is not required for anything before of Path of Fire and there are advantages to not rushing through the maps, especially when you're new, because a lot of the content in this game needs to be discovered and is easy to miss if you're not looking out for it. So it may be beneficial to play without it at first.

    Basically, weigh up how much you want the raptor against how much you want to save your boost until you're sure you've got the right character for it, but remember that there's no real right or wrong answer. If you use the boost and then wish you had it later there are alternatives, and if you go without the raptor for a while you won't actually miss anything as a result.

    Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

    "You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"