Mini Junundu Wurm

@Kronos.3695 said:It's the usual inconsistency: almost all the minis that drop from events and mobs are exotic and sellable but the mini junundu and the mini griffon mount. I have a friend who literally did every griffon adventure everyday since he got the mount and never got one, but another friend got it after 2-3 attempts (so I can confirm the source of it).

The griffon mount seems to have a decent droprate though. Friends already found one, so the droprate cannot be that bad compared to the Junundu Wurm. And an argument could be made that it is account bound as some kind of skill proof for the griffon adventures. The griffon also seems to be hidden from wardrobe until unlocked.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely loving seeing they're finally putting actual rare items / treasures in the game that aren't just handed out easily, and they could even be unnattainable for a lot of people altogether without a dedicated "grind" where that item is the specific goal. Great to imagine getting an item and discovering it is actually unique as opposed to simply a matter of whether I knew about how to acquire it or not. As for Kelson, man......If you don't have all the mounts and don't intend to get one, you cannot complain when you get a skin knowing all along it was a possibility, and I'm not saying you issued a big aggressive complaint here, but it's implied. That's 100% a risk you accepted. Maybe you should get the griffon though, as it's a lot of fun and not as hard as you describe. I wish you all the best in game man, but the idea here and kind of throughout MMOs is that sought after items add incentive to drive player behavior to encourage an active community of players out in the world participating, and making them rare keeps lengthens the duration of that behavior. You're never going to be able to just sit in a dialog box and get everything in the game delivered, so I hope you don't feel like it's unfair. It's more just part of the game type and something many players (myself included) actually enjoy and seek.

@SoulPariah.2856 said:Absolutely loving seeing they're finally putting actual rare items / treasures in the game that aren't just handed out easily, and they could even be unnattainable for a lot of people altogether without a dedicated "grind" where that item is the specific goal. Great to imagine getting an item and discovering it is actually unique as opposed to simply a matter of whether I knew about how to acquire it or not. As for Kelson, man......If you don't have all the mounts and don't intend to get one, you cannot complain when you get a skin knowing all along it was a possibility, and I'm not saying you issued a big aggressive complaint here, but it's implied. That's 100% a risk you accepted. Maybe you should get the griffon though, as it's a lot of fun and not as hard as you describe. I wish you all the best in game man, but the idea here and kind of throughout MMOs is that sought after items add incentive to drive player behavior to encourage an active community of players out in the world participating, and making them rare keeps lengthens the duration of that behavior. You're never going to be able to just sit in a dialog box and get everything in the game delivered, so I hope you don't feel like it's unfair. It's more just part of the game type and something many players (myself included) actually enjoy and seek.It is not really the rarity a problem, just the rarity in combination with account bound. Minis are collectibles, why should collectible be account bound, especially if they come from no skill needed, just tag a long, open world events?It either needs to become tradeable so people can cash in if they get this lucky drop or make it a similar droprate to tequatls hoard. Currently it is easily 100x more rare than tequatl hoard, which is already really rare. Even if you do tequatl daily you are lucky if you get more than 1-2 hoards per year.

I get what you're saying, but it still serves to provide incentive for players to actually participate in the content rather than log in and hit up the trading post to acquire things. I understand how it doesn't match other items, but I like it better this way. Rewards were increased on the event and as you said, it's super rare, so the paydays kind of built into the sustained rewards (although that may not be what a dev would say the intent is, I look at it that way to compensate for the inability to put it on the TP. I still hope they keep it account bound, but appreciate the reponse and additional discussion.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Currently the Mini Junundu Wurm is account bound, which seems to be an oversight considering all PoF minis that come as rare loot are tradeable. Please change this.

I'm guessing Anet felt forced to do this because no one wants to do the PoF meta events otherwise. I wonder if enough players care about minis to make this ploy successful at keeping the event populated though.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I would have figured it would have sold for more considering the novelty of it being one of the largest mini’s in the game.I was suprised also, I guess the demand for Minis is either very low (doubtful considering the less rare awakened abomination costs more) or people missed the part in the patchnotes about it being tradeable now. Maybe someone should make a post about it on reddit ;)

Archived