Learning Curve (after almost 2 year hiatus)?

Hi everyone! I've taken a long GW2 break (almost two years) after the HoT expansion, and am now trying to reacquaint myself with the game. How difficult would it be to re-immerse myself in the game after this long break? I play PvE almost exclusively.

As an account status:

• I don't have PoF (should I get it?)
  • All characters are 80 with exotic armor/weapons

As long as you Enjoy playing the game then you will have almost no difficulty re-immersing yourself.The best you can do is get yourself a nice Guild and ask in there whenever you are not sure about something or need help with anything.Unless you want to do High-Level Fractals or High-End Raids then the Exotic equipment will do. However Ascended gear is strongly advised should you want to do Higher Fractals and earn more Gold and is a total must-have for most Diehard Raid Groups. Raids will be about the only thing you will really need to learn with difficulties should you want to do them.I suggest buying the PoF only once you finish the HoT and see if you are interested to continue the story and have new possibilities. In case you did finish HoT already then it is purely up to you. In my opinion PoF is definitely worth it but I am sure there are plenty people with different opinions for different reasons.If you will have a hard time figuring out how to be most effective (in any game mode) or what might be the best Stats/Traits combination for the Profession you are playing, then I suggest a visit to Metabattle website for the good builds.It is because whether you will have a hard or easy time re-immersing, will be based mostly on how you are able to handle your character, especially in HoT with all the super strong mobs. I don't expect you would have fun or any particular interest to go on if you were getting killed at every corner, no? =DAnyways, tl:dr; If you'll enjoy playing the game you won't even notice how quickly you got back in to it.

@Ryan Mozo.9581 saidHow difficult would it be to re-immerse myself in the game after this long break? I play PvE almost exclusively.

There have been a number of major balance patches across the board, so the first thing to do is reacquaint yourself with the current state of your characters' builds. Raid meta has changed in the last two years, while Fractals are still rather open-ended. There have also been some new Fractals added, the latest being Shattered Observatory. As for re-immersing yourself into the game, I would say your biggest priority is to find an active guild community to enjoy the game with.

@Ryan Mozo.9581 saidI don't have PoF (should I get it?)

Purchasing decisions are ultimately up to you. PoF introduced a new set of elite specializations, mounts, and five massive maps geared towards explorers. If you're more a fan of scheduled events, you will likely prefer HoT.

Thanks so much for the responses! I'll definitely try and find a nice large guild to join, as both of you recommended. As of now I only have my personal guild (with one member :) haha). I'll have to check out those other resources, as well as just jumping back in and reacquainting myself with my characters' builds. Looking forward to it! Thanks again! Much Love <3

Archived