Candy Corn gobbler feedback — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Candy Corn gobbler feedback

Noah Salazar.5430Noah Salazar.5430 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 18, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I wuld like to suggest reducing cd of using item from 5s to 1-2s
using that item multiple times hurt :/
to use 250 candi corn it's taking 7min(cuz of 5s cd of use), shorting that amount twice culd be nice

Whats your opinion?

Comments

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    Why are you going through that many in such a short period of time?

  • Noah Salazar.5430Noah Salazar.5430 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    Why are you going through that many in such a short period of time?

    sorry i not understned your question

    gobler use 3 candi corn per 5s
    to use 252 Candy corns you will need use item 84 times, thats mean 84*5s=420s=7min

    so i need "click" for over 7-14min to have resonable time on boons to not click that item while you farm

    if thay reduce cd for item use from 5s to 2s you will need around 3min to use 252candi corns insted of 7min

    lets say your mad like me and want do content for over 2-4h

    and you will open 1004 Candy corns, it will take 28min but culd 12min insted

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    @Noah Salazar.5430 said:

    Why are you going through that many in such a short period of time?

    sorry i not understned your question

    gobler use 3 candi corn per 5s
    to use 252 Candy corns you will need use item 84 times, thats mean 84*5s=420s=7min

    so i need "click" for over 7-14min to have resonable time on boons to not click that item while you farm

    if thay reduce cd for item use from 5s to 2s you will need around 3min to use 252candi corns insted of 7min

    lets say your mad like me and want do content for over 2-4h

    and you will open 1004 Candy corns, it will take 28min but culd 12min insted

    I never had to spend that much time to get the boons that I needed. I just used it again and got almost two hours of the XP boost within the first 102 candy corn.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    > Why are you going through that many in such a short period of time? >

    sorry i not understned your question

    gobler use 3 candi corn per 5s
    to use 252 Candy corns you will need use item 84 times, thats mean 84*5s=420s=7min

    so i need "click" for over 7-14min to have resonable time on boons to not click that item while you farm

    if thay reduce cd for item use from 5s to 2s you will need around 3min to use 252candi corns insted of 7min

    lets say your mad like me and want do content for over 2-4h

    and you will open 1004 Candy corns, it will take 28min but culd 12min insted

    I never had to spend that much time to get the boons that I needed. I just used it again and got almost two hours of the XP boost within the first 102 candy corn.

    2 hours is not long enough if you want to put in a serious grind without interruption. Whenever I buff i get around 6-8 hours min before i start.

  • @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    I never had to spend that much time to get the boons that I needed. I just used it again and got almost two hours of the XP boost within the first 102 candy corn.

    Last night I went over an entire stack of candy corn while in WvW and only got like 30m worth of XP boost and 15m of Karma/Magic Find (forgot which one was it).
    I get that this must have been a once-in-a-blue-moon thing, but due to the rng nature of the gobbler, it can happen.

  • CD on consumables, why ?

  • HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    @Vavume.8065 said:
    2 hours is not long enough if you want to put in a serious grind without interruption. Whenever I buff i get around 6-8 hours min before i start.

    6-8 hours min for a serious grind O_O. This is one of the few moments on this board, I actually feel old.

    Noah seems to use the Gobbler to convert Candy Corn for the sake of not selling/eating them. So clicking on the Gobbler every X seconds appears to be a problem. They could enable a convert-all function, that allows you to use all Candy Corn in your inventory at once. For every piece that is consumed, the cooldown timer will add those 5 seconds. So if you decide to convert 5k pieces of Candy Corn at once, you can do it. But have to wait (5,000 x 5s = 25,000s = 417 min) 6.95 hours until you can use it again.

    The random transformation could be solved with generating transformation-tonics in your inventory, similar to opening bags.

    Not a huge fan of this development in general. The Gobblers were introduced to give the festival currencies an alternative purpose. They are used as power-farming gizmos nowadays.

    It might be a good time to overthink the concept of the Gobblers in general. Remove the funny aspects and just reduce them to the buff-gizmo purpose. They could weaken the boons but allow us to stack different Gobbler effects. So the farmers can max out their loot and the company can sell more Gobblers.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    > > Why are you going through that many in such a short period of time? > >

    sorry i not understned your question

    gobler use 3 candi corn per 5s
    to use 252 Candy corns you will need use item 84 times, thats mean 84*5s=420s=7min

    so i need "click" for over 7-14min to have resonable time on boons to not click that item while you farm

    if thay reduce cd for item use from 5s to 2s you will need around 3min to use 252candi corns insted of 7min

    lets say your mad like me and want do content for over 2-4h

    and you will open 1004 Candy corns, it will take 28min but culd 12min insted

    I never had to spend that much time to get the boons that I needed. I just used it again and got almost two hours of the XP boost within the first 102 candy corn.

    2 hours is not long enough if you want to put in a serious grind without interruption. Whenever I buff i get around 6-8 hours min before i start.

    You can use it during the downtime. You can also use it as you're farming instead of standing around and waiting during the cool down. That’s what I always did when I farmed Lab or anywhere else.

    You have to also realize that these are gem store boosts that you’re getting very cheaply.

  • Greg.7086Greg.7086 Member ✭✭✭

    @Noah Salazar.5430 said:
    I wuld like to suggest reducing cd of using item from 5s to 1-2s
    using that item multiple times hurt :/
    to use 250 candi corn it's taking 7min(cuz of 5s cd of use), shorting that amount twice culd be nice

    Whats your opinion?

    @Noah Salazar.5430 yea I agree its annoying, but its almost inevitably going to remain that way. I don't think Anet would reduce the cd, as it would detract from the Cash Shop Sales of: i) Experience Booster x 1 [100 Gems], x4 [450 Gems], x 20 [1,600 Gems], ii) Heroic Booster x 1 [150 Gems], x5 [637 Gems], x20 [2,100 Gems), iii) Item Booster: Same as Experience. So when you compare the costs of these instant boosts its really good value for money: I guess the message from Anet is a) EITHER: Put up with the cool-down and monster tonic changes OR just buy the direct boosts from Cash Shop. If they made the Gobbler too efficient it would impact on their cash shop sales, and we all know that ain't gonna happen !

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    You can use it during the downtime.

    I don't have downtime.

  • Ototo.3214Ototo.3214 Member ✭✭✭

    Id ust prefer it work like the other holiday gobblers. I just spam it during the downtime. And I never have enough time or attention span to spend literally 8 hours farming the same thing, so....yeah

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ototo.3214 said:
    Id ust prefer it work like the other holiday gobblers.

    Me too.

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @The Fear.3865 said:
    CD on consumables, why ?

    yeap, never understood, it's not even those kitten plated foods trolls put out in chest rooms

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    You can use it during the downtime.

    I don't have downtime.

    You do. I seriously doubt that you don’t have a second of downtime throughout your farm session. Downtime being when you’re not attacking something. Even during lab, which is probably the farm in the game with the most attacking, there’s plenty of downtime to maintain buffs.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    You can use it during the downtime.

    I don't have downtime.

    You do. I seriously doubt that you don’t have a second of downtime throughout your farm session. Downtime being when you’re not attacking something. Even during lab, which is probably the farm in the game with the most attacking, there’s plenty of downtime to maintain buffs.

    No I don't... and I'm not talking about lab farm, I use the candy gobbler for WvW in which I'm always fighting or looking for fights. Not having downtime and using my time efficiently are some of the reasons I was Diamond Legend 4 years ago... but yeah, I can see how that could be beyond the comprehension of some.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    You can use it during the downtime.

    I don't have downtime.

    You do. I seriously doubt that you don’t have a second of downtime throughout your farm session. Downtime being when you’re not attacking something. Even during lab, which is probably the farm in the game with the most attacking, there’s plenty of downtime to maintain buffs.

    No I don't... and I'm not talking about lab farm, I use the candy gobbler for WvW in which I'm always fighting or looking for fights. Not having downtime and using my time efficiently are some of the reasons I was Diamond Legend 4 years ago... but yeah, I can see how that could be beyond the comprehension of some.

    If you’re looking for fights then you can use the gobbler as you’re doing that. You don’t have to be standing still to use it nor do you have to be standing around for the duration of its cooldown. You can also use the gobbler when you’re on your way to objectives.

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The gobbler was the first of its kind when it was released. Hence the cumbersome clicking it requires but it also provides the best upgrades as well. The newer gobbler items definitely have a better interface but don't have the same reward. While I would love an upgrade to the current candy corn gobbler. I can understand why it has not been updated. They probably don't want it to accessible. I would wager that they wish they could remove the upgrades it gives out because its just like the Heroic Booster that they sell on the gem store. But since that cat is already out of the bag it is more than likely here to stay.

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Noah Salazar.5430 said:
    I wuld like to suggest reducing cd of using item from 5s to 1-2s
    using that item multiple times hurt :/
    to use 250 candi corn it's taking 7min(cuz of 5s cd of use), shorting that amount twice culd be nice

    Whats your opinion?

    We asked when it first came out years ago. Probably won't change unfortunately.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    You can use it during the downtime.

    I don't have downtime.

    You do. I seriously doubt that you don’t have a second of downtime throughout your farm session. Downtime being when you’re not attacking something. Even during lab, which is probably the farm in the game with the most attacking, there’s plenty of downtime to maintain buffs.

    No I don't... and I'm not talking about lab farm, I use the candy gobbler for WvW in which I'm always fighting or looking for fights. Not having downtime and using my time efficiently are some of the reasons I was Diamond Legend 4 years ago... but yeah, I can see how that could be beyond the comprehension of some.

    If you’re looking for fights then you can use the gobbler as you’re doing that.

    You cannot use the gobbler while you ride around looking for fights...

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    You can use it during the downtime.

    I don't have downtime.

    You do. I seriously doubt that you don’t have a second of downtime throughout your farm session. Downtime being when you’re not attacking something. Even during lab, which is probably the farm in the game with the most attacking, there’s plenty of downtime to maintain buffs.

    No I don't... and I'm not talking about lab farm, I use the candy gobbler for WvW in which I'm always fighting or looking for fights. Not having downtime and using my time efficiently are some of the reasons I was Diamond Legend 4 years ago... but yeah, I can see how that could be beyond the comprehension of some.

    If you’re looking for fights then you can use the gobbler as you’re doing that.

    You cannot use the gobbler while you ride around looking for fights...

    Then get off the mount. With swiftness, you’re only missing out on an extra 16% movement speed. Surely not an issue while refreshing your boosters.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020

    Yes it is an issue... as I said I would much rather buff for 6-8 hours and then start my play session, and not be interrupted by having to keep an eye on boosters and refreshing them.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2020

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Then you can spend the time at the start and upload them to that point.

    ...and that is exactly what I have been doing ever since they introduced the candy gobbler 5-6 years ago...

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Then you can spend the time at the start and upload them to that point.

    ...and that is exactly what I have been doing ever since they introduced the candy gobbler 5-6 years ago...

    And what you can continue to keep doing as the limitations are there for a reason.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Then you can spend the time at the start and upload them to that point.

    ...and that is exactly what I have been doing ever since they introduced the candy gobbler 5-6 years ago...

    And what you can continue to keep doing as the limitations are there for a reason.

    Sure, I will continue to do it this way until they hopefully change it, which is the point of this whole thread.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Then you can spend the time at the start and upload them to that point.

    ...and that is exactly what I have been doing ever since they introduced the candy gobbler 5-6 years ago...

    And what you can continue to keep doing as the limitations are there for a reason.

    Sure, I will continue to do it this way until they hopefully change it, which is the point of this whole thread.

    This has been requested since probably 2014 so the chances of that are very unlikely. Players with this item on a low cool down would have no reason to buy those boosters from the store.

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    This has been requested since probably 2014 so the chances of that are very unlikely.

    But there is still a chance...