What if problem Elite Specs got disabled in WvW? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

What if problem Elite Specs got disabled in WvW?

So what if Anet just straight up disabled Firebrand, Scourge and Herald in WvW till they found a solution to properly balance the classes. Also would probably have to revert bubbles to stationary. Would be a quick easy solution to make the game mode interesting again.

Comments

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

then the next best elite specs would be top tier. there is no "balanced", only moving the forces

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't play any of those but I wouldn't want to basically tell a bunch of players to quit playing. I'd probably quit playing mostly if I got my favorite builds taken away.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL] & [SD]

• @Gerick.2968 said:
    So what if Anet just straight up disabled Firebrand, Scourge and Herald in WvW till they found a solution to properly balance the classes. Also would probably have to revert bubbles to stationary. Would be a quick easy solution to make the game mode interesting again.

Hmmm, you seem to have the wrong elites listed. Anet needs to remove Deadeye, Soulbeast, and Weaver. Also Scrapper needs to go.

Adversity is the medium thru which strength and greatness are forged.

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭

Love to define the entire metagame as a "problem."

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gerick.2968 said:

Just 1 question:
    Who gets to decide that an elite spec is a problem and on what basis?

Once you can give a reasonable answer to that question, we can continue to discuss your proposed solution.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gerick.2968 said:

Or bring other specs up to their level? Bring other classes to their level? Herald isn't even that big of a problem at all, it really is only good in zerg play unless you're running condi. And then if its a condi herald just CC IT and its done. Dead. Reduced to atoms.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

They have been trying this for the past 2 years with giant dumpster nerf patches and shock and awe, its only driven people away. At this point in the games life people are only going to be so tolerant of picking up an entirely new class and starting from scratch.

One of the funniest things I saw someone say was when they were saying anet needed to remove power rev builds from the game. I said they are not just going to go relearn a new class, or maybe they would and revs would disappear from gameplay. He said, "well they could just switch to ventari support healers".

If you don't like fighting scourge now be terrified of what 15+ reapers will do to a pug zerg without having to worry about crossing a wall of shades.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

That's why Balance patches exist.
    The easiest solution is to just have small regular balance patches for things under and over-performing but sadly Balance changes are few and far between. This isn't an issue with any specs, It's an issue with the rate at which we get updates.

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

Look at pvp, how it has "improved" by removing options.

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Solanum.6983 said:
    That's why Balance patches exist.
    The easiest solution is to just have small regular balance patches for things under and over-performing but sadly Balance changes are few and far between. This isn't an issue with any specs, It's an issue with the rate at which we get updates.

The main issue is...they never bother to tune up the underperforming specs, what Anet does is simply remove/nerf what "overperform" AKA works in viability , nerf it and nerf it till people stop complaining about it at which point it means that the spec has stopped working.

When a spec stops working what happen is that all those specs which were under the thumb will become the new "overperforming" and will replace the previously "OP" spec on the chopping block.....till people stop complaining about it.....

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gerick.2968 said:

Youre basically asking for perma deleting FB, Scourge and Herald from WvW. You know, I know, we all know that if ANet gets rid off a problem, even temporarily, they wont come back to fix it.

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons
    25.02.2020 edit - Nevermind, now I spam only 29 skill-buttons

• Bazsi.2734Bazsi.2734 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2020

@Gerick.2968 said:

I think the quick and easy solution to make the game mode interesting again is to disable whatever specs YOU want to play. Or just disable WvW as a whole untill they can find a solution to balance it. After all no game, no frustration.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gerick.2968 said:

That’s not gonna happen. Do you have any other ideas?

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2020

@Junkpile.7439 said:
    Barrier needs to go too. So stupid mechanic.

scourge should be the class to be used as debuffer/control the flow of condis in the batlefield and make some condi stronger effect on debufed emenies.

Barrier should be on fireberand rather than perma quickess,...
    Gain barrier on burn cleanse
    Gain barrier on block
    New mantra with very short duration that convert damage into barrer when health under x% for y seconds or somethign like that https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Reversal_of_Fortune
    F3 keys could provide some barrier as well ot allies.

Imo a better gameplay could be done if Anet payed more atention to the mechanics of POF classes... rather than a sstacking and spam boon bot... Anet was never that good at class design for decent pvp...

Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Very obvious result.. it would cause a massive backlash.
    Elite Specs are a major selling point of paid expansions, there's no way you could disable some of them in competitive modes and leave others usable.. people would be outraged and justifiably so.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would go back to WvW if it Core specs only!!!

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

Why? You realize old "Hammertrain" is basically the same thing as the modern "Boon Ball," right?

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2020

@ASP.8093 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

Why? You realize old "Hammertrain" is basically the same thing as the modern "Boon Ball," right?

Yes but I found it fun from both sides. At least it was pretty much melee and condi was under control.
    Edit: I don't know how well it would be since the nerf to stab.

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• archmagus.7249archmagus.7249 Member ✭✭✭

@DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

@Gerick.2968 said:

Hmmm, you seem to have the wrong elites listed. Anet needs to remove Deadeye, Soulbeast, and Weaver. Also Scrapper needs to go.

What are you talking about scrapper needs to go? We lost our elite toolbelt skill to a lightning field you can turn into a glorified stun grenade. And if you use it to res /stomp more than one player, you get penalized with a longer cooldown.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2020

@Arheundel.6451 said:
    What about the devs do their job without removing or disabling stuff?...you know?...for a change?

so tell me, where are the results?

'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2020

@Gerick.2968 said:

+1

sound interesting, why not?

'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2020

Players routinely misunderstand what balance is in PvP. Balance in the meta means access to meta builds and the ability to counter those builds. Players have access to all the current meta unlike other games where a lot of it is so gear/time dependent only certain players have access to certain builds. There are also counters for virtually every build in WvW. The meta in GW2 remains in a near constant state of balance because of its design. Just because a player chooses to ignore the meta and play something else doesn't make the game unbalanced.

What people generally complain about is fairness or equality. Fairness that their class doesn't perform in XYZ scenario as well as others or that some meta isn't equal to others such as condition damage vs power. Different builds and classes aren't meant to perform well in every scenario. I don't take a thief into a zerg fight and call it unbalanced. As for something like condition meta vs power meta, there will always be some top dog build, class, damage, etc. It is inevitable. If they removed condi from the game, players would complain about some other XYZ thing being trash and unfair.

If you are getting your kitten kicked by XYZ, counter it or use it but don't bring a knife to a gun fight and cry balance.

• Sometimes you just gotta rip the bandaid off!!

• @Gerick.2968 said:

I main Mirage, always enjoyed playing mesmer sense GW1 days. My main reason for playing the class is more lore related than performance. I play mirage in every mode offered, even in ones where the general pop thinks Chrono is a much better option in. I'm not in top 100 anything, yet i still enjoy myself in PVE, Solo, WvW and PVP. Sometimes I get stomped, sometimes I do the stomping. Anyways, find a build that you enjoy forget those crappy build websites that try to tell you how to play the game. Play around, trow some random spells that you never used before in your hotbar. Shoot, you might even surprise people. Everyone is so used to seeing the same builds run by everyone that when you come out with that weird build you might end up wrecking. Anet is clearly not doing there job, so we either we play what we got or dont play it at all. Hopefully with the next Exp. coming out we get some changes, fingers crossed.

• @Straegen.2938 said:
    Players routinely misunderstand what balance is in PvP. Balance in the meta means access to meta builds and the ability to counter those builds. Players have access to all the current meta unlike other games where a lot of it is so gear/time dependent only certain players have access to certain builds. There are also counters for virtually every build in WvW. The meta in GW2 remains in a near constant state of balance because of its design. Just because a player chooses to ignore the meta and play something else doesn't make the game unbalanced.

What people generally complain about is fairness or equality. Fairness that their class doesn't perform in XYZ scenario as well as others or that some meta isn't equal to others such as condition damage vs power. Different builds and classes aren't meant to perform well in every scenario. I don't take a thief into a zerg fight and call it unbalanced. As for something like condition meta vs power meta, there will always be some top dog build, class, damage, etc. It is inevitable. If they removed condi from the game, players would complain about some other XYZ thing being trash and unfair.

If you are getting your kitten kicked by XYZ, counter it or use it but don't bring a knife to a gun fight and cry balance.

this right here, hits the nail right on the head.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Then you see Core Guardian, Reaper, and Renegade and realize nothing has changed.

• @archmagus.7249 said:

@DaVid Darksoul.4985 said:

@Gerick.2968 said:

What are you talking about scrapper needs to go? We lost our elite toolbelt skill to a lightning field you can turn into a glorified stun grenade. And if you use it to res /stomp more than one player, you get penalized with a longer cooldown.

You miss the message. Everyone have different opinions on what they think is op in the game, and it's always whatever they lose against. Its always a case of "nerf this so I can be gud". I just picked a couple of classes randomly to show this.

Adversity is the medium thru which strength and greatness are forged.