Next Ranger Elite With Rifle : Yes/No - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Ranger

Next Ranger Elite With Rifle : Yes/No

2>

Comments

• The term ranger has nothing to do with literal combat range--it's being a keeper or maintainer of an area. Thus 'park ranger', or Walker 'Texas Ranger'. This misinformation I've seen a lot on here, unfortunately.

Thematically--which is the driving force of the class choices in the game--firearms are directly opposite of what rangers would use. They represent gunpowder, etc. all the things that are counter-nature. All other classes that use them have a reason--engineers (obviously), warriors (armed men), thieves (assassins).

Hammer would be fine since ranger's already have access to greatsword; better for me would be scepter / rework of spirits, since ranger's are creatures of nature and druids are pretty 'magical' already.

The problem really, is the pet. If you do hammer then you say ranger can survive better, so the pet becomes a larger focus (and people will cry). If you do scepter, you can probably skirt around this by having spirits replace the pet in some manner, but then ranger's might dislike this. If you do spirits you kind of encroach on druid anyway, because spirits imply support and druid is literal support (or was in competitive modes).

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

I dont think rifle has anything to offer to ranger honestly.
    If I was to guess ranger will get scepter or focus and be a "shaman" kind of thing, pet replaced with totems. Or spirits.
    Most weapons that are left over just dont feel right for the class, hammer, mace, shield, pistol, rifle.... they just dont fit IMO

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2021
    No

My money is on : Shield

-Following the rules they initially placed : druid got 2 hand, Soulbeast got main hand....EoD elite should get off hand
    -They will want to avoid a defensive off hand to avoid a GS/x-More defense kinda of builds......so Shield while favoured is unprobable and all other possible bases with shield are covered by other professions....and yet Shield is a thematic off hand for Rangers, so far Anet has followed the classic ranger archetype for the weapons and fighting styles so yeah, the D&D ranger includes : longbow/shortbow/axe/sword/dagger/staff/warhorn/Greatsword...and Shield slo who knows
    -Then : Scepter and Focus which are both possible,the spellcasting abilities of ranger are not limited to druid but ofc not as expanded as a mage,,another who knows
    -Finally we have Mace....another possibility but yeah getting a 2nd two hand weapon like hammer is very unlikely.

Personally
    -I pray for hammer (AoE ranged CC/dmg non projectile : my dream plus amazing looking skins)
    -I will be content with shield (a brawler spec )
    -I will frown if we get scepter or focus (like c'mon....)
    -I will cry with Mace (I see no purpose plus....worst list of skins in the game)

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• Fade.1743Fade.1743 Member ✭✭
    No

I could see them doing Ranger as some sort of Commando in the future (as this would be akin to IRL US Army Rangers which are a pretty elite military unit).

But not for EoD. It's a bit too soon after Deadeye where they would probably a very similar style of play

• No

Voted No.
    I'm hoping for scepter, as a Zoo Keeper where the Ranger gets Minions as utilities.

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@serow.6524 said:
    Voted No.
    I'm hoping for scepter, as a Zoo Keeper where the Ranger gets Minions as utilities.

I'd love to see a shepherd that summon sheeps as utilities. Add a wolf as pet to help drive the sheeps and the picture would be perfect!

• No

Hammer with shouts, as they changed our shouts to commands some time ago. Shouts should be based around an effect around the ranger and a second(likely different) effect around the pet, making pet survivability and cohesion with your pet be a focus to maximize support/damage/whatever.

• No

Absolutely not. Even putting the side the argument that it's anti-thematic for rangers as much as a thief with scepter, it's redundant with long bow and short bow for both direct and condi damage. I'd go with dual swords instead.

No

@quaniesan.8497 said:
    Absolutely not. Even putting the side the argument that it's anti-thematic for rangers as much as a thief with scepter, it's redundant with long bow and short bow for both direct and condi damage. I'd go with dual swords instead.

Scepter isn't "anti-thematic" with thief. If you want an anti-thematic weapons for thief, you got greatsword and hammer that are fine examples since they are considered "heavy weapons" not befitting of a profession whose thematic lean on being "agile and stealthy". GW's assassin, whom thief seem to be the successor, had quite an array of spell/curse/enchantment making a spell casting e-spec a possibility. Right now thief leant more on the "mechanic/industrial" side (especially with DE) but it got the leeway to move toward "magic".

Sword off-hand on ranger wouldn't be surprising but I'm not sure it would be a "satisfying" or even "defining" e-spec weapon (Core Ranger already got a sword main-hand). Hammer, scepter, shield and/or focus would all be more thematically defining for an e-spec than a bland sword off-hand. While riffle and pistol don't feel to fit right with the "nature" thematic of the ranger.

• The Boz.2038The Boz.2038 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

@Dadnir.5038 said:
    Scepter isn't "anti-thematic" with thief. If you want an anti-thematic weapons for thief, you got greatsword and hammer that are fine examples since they are considered "heavy weapons" not befitting of a profession whose thematic lean on being "agile and stealthy". GW's assassin, whom thief seem to be the successor, had quite an array of spell/curse/enchantment making a spell casting e-spec a possibility.

It goes even further than that; Assassins were often dual-classed into a caster profession (commonly Elementalist or Monk) to give their fast attacks access to "your attacks deal +X additional element damage" spells, and would then use a scepter or staff as a weapon switch option for ranged (often with an energy-hide loadout). The glut of fantasy "arcane thief" stereotypes supports scepters as a weapon option, too.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I still don't see how a hammer can be thematic for a ranger. To me, it is too large and bulky of a weapon, better served for more fighter-type classes than ranger. Just my opinion.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• The Greyhawk.9107The Greyhawk.9107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@The Boz.2038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:
    Scepter isn't "anti-thematic" with thief. If you want an anti-thematic weapons for thief, you got greatsword and hammer that are fine examples since they are considered "heavy weapons" not befitting of a profession whose thematic lean on being "agile and stealthy". GW's assassin, whom thief seem to be the successor, had quite an array of spell/curse/enchantment making a spell casting e-spec a possibility.

It goes even further than that; Assassins were often dual-classed into a caster profession (commonly Elementalist or Monk) to give their fast attacks access to "your attacks deal +X additional element damage" spells, and would then use a scepter or staff as a weapon switch option for ranged (often with an energy-hide loadout). The glut of fantasy "arcane thief" stereotypes supports scepters as a weapon option, too.

Would rather have the offhand sword for thieves, but I'm more curious about this statement about a "glut of arcane thieves". Where is this a thing? Like, what franchise and the like, I'm genuinely interested.

Hate Is Fuel.

• No

Hammer Hammer. Hammer time. Also, bunnies as pets. Vorpal bunnies with sharp pointy teeth.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2021
    No

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:
    I'm more curious about this statement about a "glut of arcane thieves". Where is this a thing? Like, what franchise and the like, I'm genuinely interested.

Afaik, Arcane Tricksters (not Thieves) are a DnD exclusive thing.
    However, thematically it resembles GW2 Thieves a bit, since both are Rogue archetype classes/professions that also use magic.
    After all, Stealth and Shadow Steps are Shadow Magic.
    And according to the Wiki, Preparations all magical skills, too.

I wouldn't be too surprised when the next elite specialization for Thief would dive deeper into the magical aspect and be something like Shadow Mage.

Except for the flood of players using Assassin/Ritualist and Ritualist/Assassin at the release of Factions, I don't remember seeing a "glut" of Assassin/Mage characters in GW1 though.

No

@kharmin.7683 said:
    I still don't see how a hammer can be thematic for a ranger. To me, it is too large and bulky of a weapon, better served for more fighter-type classes than ranger. Just my opinion.

Just imagine a big wooden club and it's thematically fitting.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

Just imagine a big wooden club and it's thematically fitting.

To me, a wooden club would be more like a mace whereas a hammer is a two-handed ordeal. A larger club might make sense for a druid to me, though.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• I am going to say no to the Hammer. For no other reason that I don't like hammers, so it's just a personal preference thing. I do not use Longbows or Greatswords because they are so slow to me. Hammers are a combination of a slow and ugly weapon lol. I'll do a side vote of off-hand sword.

"Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow. "

No

@Kiba.9743 said:
    I am going to say no to the Hammer. For no other reason that I don't like hammers, so it's just a personal preference thing. I do not use Longbows or Greatswords because they are so slow to me. Hammers are a combination of a slow and ugly weapon lol. I'll do a side vote of off-hand sword.

Wouldn't be against that for Rangers at some point, I'd just prefer Thieves get an offhand sword first/too.

Hate Is Fuel.

• Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@Kiba.9743 said:
    I am going to say no to the Hammer. For no other reason that I don't like hammers, so it's just a personal preference thing. I do not use Longbows or Greatswords because they are so slow to me. Hammers are a combination of a slow and ugly weapon lol. I'll do a side vote of off-hand sword.

I kinda doubt that ranger will get offhand sword. The last elite spec, soulbeast, gave ranger dagger mainhand to enable dual wielding daggers. Dual wielding swords feels too similar thematically, since they are also bladed weapons.

To be honest, hammer or mace would make the most sense for ranger at this point, since ranger doesn't have a "blunt" weapon yet.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2021

Isn't ranger short on 2h melee weapons, wouldn't a land spear not only fit a Ranger theme but also five Ranger another 2h melee/med range option?

No

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Isn't ranger short on 2h melee weapons, wouldn't a land spear not only fit a Ranger theme but also five Ranger another 2h melee/med range option?

If we go for 2handed weapons, I prefer the hammer for the glorious bunny thumper reference.

• No

Kind of hoping for a beast master that can have both pets out at once and the ranger loses 10% of base stats to increase pet stats by 10%. Hammer would fit nice. Or a scepter to act like a whip. Personally I want OH sword.

• No

@FrownyClown.8402 said:
    Kind of hoping for a beast master that can have both pets out at once and the ranger loses 10% of base stats to increase pet stats by 10%. Hammer would fit nice. Or a scepter to act like a whip. Personally I want OH sword.

I would also like to have both pets out. It's partially setup already with the F4 switch betweens.

• asterix.9614asterix.9614 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2021
    Yes

Yes please

🍇🍈🍉🍊🍋🍌🍍🥭🥭🍏🍐🍑🍒🍓🥝🍅🥥🥑🍆🥔🥕🌽🌶️🥒🥬🥦🧄🧅🍄🥜🌰🍞🥐🥖🥨🥯🥞🧇🧀🍖🍗🥩🥓🍔🍟🍕🌭🥪🌮🌯🥙🧆🥚🍳🥘🍲🥣🥗🍿🧈🧂🥫🍱🍘🍙🍚🍛🍜🍝🍠🍢🍣🍤🍥🥮🍡🥟🥠🥡🦪🍦🍧🍨🍩🍪🎂🍰🧁🥧🍫🍬🍭🍮🍯🍼🥛☕🍵🍶🍾🍷🍸🍹🍺🍻🥂🥃🥤🧃🧉🧊_ I copied this from someone because it's cute_
    _

edited March 25, 2021

Rangers archetypes cover such a huge variety of themes I'd hate to see its new espec limited by a narrow narrative that some posters seem to attach to it. Yeah ranger can mean range the land, survivalist,hunter( some games either outright name the ranger class hunter or include it as a sub class of the ranger), keeper of the lands and further more park rangers and special ops etc. Uve got lord of the rings rangers who can use bows or predominantly swords or both, d&d's new vid releasing soon has one of the lores most well known rangers as a dual sword wielding rogue class and u kno nothing John snow being considered a ranger though I can't even remember him using a bow. My point is that a ranger can be type cast in a variety of ways and yes a bow is often its weapon of choice but one thing stays constant is most share a lot in common with rogue specs being they usually have some type of access to stealth and high mobility, just not built around it and first and foremost the nature theme which seems to interchange with hunter theme in most games.
    So that all said tho I don't want rifle per se it definitely fits with the park ranger/special op type theme so don't kno how u could say it doesnt but as most said I'd probably be redundant on ranger when lb exists as it currently does.
    Great hammer has to be thee least fitting weapon for a ranger archetype regardless of gw1 as it doesn't fit nature, hunter, survivalist, grounds keeper, park ranger or any theme for ranger.
    I'd say a thief like ranger espec would be far more fitting the ranger theme dare I say a outlaw ranger spec cough cough one of the most lore heavy ranger archetypes irl. Class already has access to stealth, traps and good mobility, hunter espec would fit as well. One poster said hunter is opposite of the rangers theme but I disagree as hunter archetypes are in place of rangers or subclasses of rangers for a reason, their still nature themed and are survivalist and are respectful to nature, do to the respect and knowledge they have for all that is nature is what makes them great hunters..
    Let's not restrict rangers possibilities to such tight narratives.

• Yes

Although I voted yes for rifle, I would love if a new ranged weapon is introduced.

If a new weopon is introduced in the next expansion, I think a spear/javelin would be great on a ranger. Having a mix of ranged and melee attacks, throwing the javelin's close - medium range, and jumping in to stab the enemy would be cool .

@StrangeSelcouth nz.9256 said:
    Although I voted yes for rifle, I would love if a new ranged weapon is introduced.

If a new weopon is introduced in the next expansion, I think a spear/javelin would be great on a ranger. Having a mix of ranged and melee attacks, throwing the javelin's close - medium range, and jumping in to stab the enemy would be cool .

This would be awesome^

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

i voted yeah and here is why:

I thought of wow hunter with pet who uses firearms and it can possibly work like hunting rifle.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Absolutely not. Next weapon should make sense for the new spec. For example, if we're getting some kind of spirit master or shaman, I would expect a MH scepter.

If we're getting a shapeshifter (the only reasonable option), then mace (i.e. club) or focus (i.e. charm) somehow make sense to me.

No

@mistsim.2748 said:
    Absolutely not. Next weapon should make sense for the new spec. For example, if we're getting some kind of spirit master or shaman, I would expect a MH scepter.

If we're getting a shapeshifter (the only reasonable option), then mace (i.e. club) or focus (i.e. charm) somehow make sense to me.

Why would Rangers being shapeshifters be the only reasonable option?

Hate Is Fuel.

• mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    No

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@mistsim.2748 said:

Why would Rangers being shapeshifters be the only reasonable option?

Because that's what I want :)

• Cobalt.7102Cobalt.7102 Member ✭✭
    No

I want hammer or shield, but I'll take rifle.

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭
    No

If you get a rifle spec, you will regret it. Mark my words.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

• No

My vote was no. Ranger already has a ton of ranged, so is not a gap they really have. I also don't see them being able to use it in a new way, where as an elmental rifle with Elementalist would be pretty cool.

The two I would most like to see:
    Off Hand Sword: Two Weapon Fighting is very classic ranger, especially with swords. Power focus to fit with main hand sword (torch/dagger already cover condi specs for offhand anyways)

Main hand Scepter: Ranger weapons are very hybrid, and this could bring a sharper focus to condi for those that want it.

• Substance E.4852Substance E.4852 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2021
    Yes

I never understand this "but the lore!" argument against ranger rifles

This is pretty much the only class that hinders it's own choices willingly

Anet gave a sword to engineers and they were just "wow, neat!"

Anet could give rifles to elementalists or necros and they would be happy for a new 1200 range weapon, they wouldn't complain that it's not magical enough

I can only assume half of it is some silly pining for Bunny Thumper 2.0 which is never going to be a thing

Hard CC is no longer does damage in pvp and Anet isn't going to make the pet stronger without handicapping the ranger to such an absurd degree that it's near useless against other players due to npc AI limitations

The melee monster that was BT 1.0 is never coming back, especially after what they've done to the greatsword at this point

It didn't even last that long in GW1 before Anet nerfed the hell out of it for making warrior obsolete with their own weapon

• Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭

Seems to me a gap ranger has is boon hate and aoe skills. Not sure how you'd make rifle work with that, but the weapon type is more just a skin anyway, isn't it? Function over form, I say.

I’m Biffles Ma Niffles, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

• Abyssisis.3971Abyssisis.3971 Member ✭✭✭
    No

No thanks to a rifle, but yes please to duel pistols. 😏

No

@Substance E.4852 said:
    I never understand this "but the lore!" argument against ranger rifles

This is pretty much the only class that hinders it's own choices willingly

Anet gave a sword to engineers and they were just "wow, neat!"

Anet could give rifles to elementalists or necros and they would be happy for a new 1200 range weapon, they wouldn't complain that it's not magical enough

I can only assume half of it is some silly pining for Bunny Thumper 2.0 which is never going to be a thing

Hard CC is no longer does damage in pvp and Anet isn't going to make the pet stronger without handicapping the ranger to such an absurd degree that it's near useless against other players due to npc AI limitations

The melee monster that was BT 1.0 is never coming back, especially after what they've done to the greatsword at this point

It didn't even last that long in GW1 before Anet nerfed the hell out of it for making warrior obsolete with their own weapon

Ranger is not the only profession limited by the statement "not fitting".

There are ways to make scepter work for warrior if you really want to force it, but the majority of people will tell you that warrior shouldn't get scepter as an elite spec weapon in the next years, simply because it doesn't really fit the warrior profession to swing around a flimsy magical stick.
    How are warriors going to use that weapon? Hitting people with it, which makes it effectively just a mace with a different skin?

Or other people might point out that hammer is not a great choice for a thief elite spec, since thief is all about agility and speed and hammer is the weapon most associated with being slow probably. It is big, slow, cumbersome. Look at the weapon pool available for thief, they usually go for weapons which are more giving a sense of speed.

I would also find it odd to see bows on engineer, as another example. Engineer already has the ability to launch a wide array of different ammunitions with their options, like the rifle/pistol, mortar kit, elixir gun, etc. Why all of a sudden an elite spec would feel like "I need a bow specifically to launch this kind of ammunition!", it makes no sense for me.

And ranger rifle is another of these "odd choices" for me. They are deeply intertwined with nature in the lore and rifles (or other modern firearms) can oftenly get associated with industrialization and destruction of nature. Rifles and pistols are the weapons which stray away the furthest from ranger's naturalistic theme, hence why I consider them the worst options in the pool of weapons we have left to pick from.

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2021
    Yes

@Choppy.4183 said:
    Seems to me a gap ranger has is boon hate and aoe skills. Not sure how you'd make rifle work with that, but the weapon type is more just a skin anyway, isn't it? Function over form, I say.

this i agree with completely. weapons are just skins. the skills you get are what matters.

as for aoe and rifle they can easily make it an "assault rifle" for ranger and have cone aoe spray/bulletspam attacks just like how they made rifle into a "sniper rifle" for deadeye with death's judgement. or they can make rifle a melee weapon (for the arguments that ranger needs a melee weapon) and be like a "shotgun" and do splash type damage to 3 targets (a way to "cleave" with rifle)

boon hate and rifle though probably not (atleast in a way that would look fitting)

edited April 11, 2021
    No

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:

this i agree with completely. weapons are just skins. the skills you get are what matters.

as for aoe and rifle they can easily make it an "assault rifle" for ranger and have cone aoe spray/bulletspam attacks just like how they made rifle into a "sniper rifle" for deadeye with death's judgement. or they can make rifle a melee weapon (for the arguments that ranger needs a melee weapon) and be like a "shotgun" and do splash type damage to 3 targets (a way to "cleave" with rifle)

boon hate and rifle though probably not (atleast in a way that would look fitting)

That's the thing, with these ideas you are invading design spaces of other classes.

There are 3 rifles so far introduced into the game for the classes warrior, engineer and deadeye.
    Deadeye, as you mentioned, is filling the sniper fantasy.
    Warrior is supposed to be the assault rifle.
    And engineer is the shotgun.

So giving ranger an assault rifle or shotgun would take away from the weapon fantasy of these classes... and as an engineer main, it would really feel terrible to see ranger getting a better shotgun rifle than I have myself, when my class is supposed to be the shotgun user. Especially since engineer's rifle is in a pretty bad spot right now.

I think we should keep these thematical niches distinct.
    And that's on top of me thinking that rifle doesn't fit ranger in the first place.

• Astyrah.4015Astyrah.4015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2021
    Yes

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Choppy.4183 said:

That's the thing, with these ideas you are invading design spaces of other classes.

There are 3 rifles so far introduced into the game for the classes warrior, engineer and deadeye.
    Deadeye, as you mentioned, is filling the sniper fantasy.
    Warrior is supposed to be the assault rifle.
    And engineer is the shotgun.

So giving ranger an assault rifle or shotgun would take away from the weapon fantasy of these classes... and as an engineer main, it would really feel terrible to see ranger getting a better shotgun rifle than I have myself, when my class is supposed to be the shotgun user. Especially since engineer's rifle is in a pretty bad spot right now.

I think we should keep these thematical niches distinct.
    And that's on top of me thinking that rifle doesn't fit ranger in the first place.

well if you limit design (or weapon fantasy) to certain classes, then you also limit the variety of what they can produce for elite specs (for any class).

ranger getting a melee or ranged rifle, doesn't really have to focus on just the rifle, it can also be a pet-focused elite spec with a "shotgun" as it's theme weapon, like for hunting. it will not completely overlap with warrior rifle or engineer rifle -- in fact the meta build for holosmith rifle for raids only uses jump shot and "blunderbuss" a few times in the main rotation loop and even then you're mostly spamming grenades, bombs and holosmith skills rather than rifle skills so i wouldn't call it exactly a "shotgun soldier build".

deadeye's rifle 3 on the other hand is pretty assault rifle-ish (3 round burst) which is similar to warrior's rifle 3 though warrior's is much slower but still a burst shot and they don't feel redundant at all (not to mention deadeye's non-kneeling rifle 2 and 4 is also somewhat similar to warrior's)

it's like dragonhunter getting traps and a longbow when ranger already does those two. it didn't completely overlap with ranger at all not only because the skills are different but also guardian has no pet like ranger, just as ranger has no tool kits/equipment to use that the engineer has -- ranger getting a "shotgun" doesnt have to have exactly the same skills as engineer's rifle, just like dragonhunter vs ranger's longbow.

as for whether ranger would get a better shotgun than engineer, well deadeye got a better assault rifle (with a bonus sniper mode) than warrior -OR- you never know, the new ranger elite spec could end up like dragonhunter where the thematic weapon isn't even used for it's meta build (DH's preferring to use GS and 1hSword+X or Scepter+X) due to the repeated/multiple nerfs to it's longbow use

• Substance E.4852Substance E.4852 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

@Kodama.6453 said:
    as an engineer main, it would really feel terrible to see ranger getting a better shotgun rifle than I have myself, when my class is supposed to be the shotgun user. Especially since engineer's rifle is in a pretty bad spot right now.

And precisely how much did you think us ranger mains enjoyed watching Scrapper become a "must pick" team support in WvW while druid was told to kick bricks?

No

@Substance E.4852 said:

@Kodama.6453 said:
    as an engineer main, it would really feel terrible to see ranger getting a better shotgun rifle than I have myself, when my class is supposed to be the shotgun user. Especially since engineer's rifle is in a pretty bad spot right now.

And precisely how much did you think us ranger mains enjoyed watching Scrapper become a "must pick" team support in WvW while druid was told to kick bricks?

How long did it take for scrapper to become valuable, tho?
    And druid seems fine, considering that it is the meta healer in endgame PvE (raids, etc.).

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Ranger needs a kit like an engi kit, but it's a rocket launcher like what you get in Drizzlewood Coast.