Sigil of malice and Sigil of Agony/smodering/demons

Zraurum.8493

I play condi staff mirage trailblazer, which of the three sigils (Agony / smodering / demons) is better to put in the staff in addition to malice ?Fire quickly causes damage, but bleeding is easier to add, and torment even doubles the damage of a running target, I'm in thought.

@Zraurum.8493 said:

@Mouse.7382 said:Which environment? OP/Fractals/Pvp/etc. Are you running duel staff?

I personally dont like any of those options--unless I would be working on a raid/fractal boss--and even if I were, I'd never would have staff equiped (not a dig on your choice, just an opinion).

Open world/wVw

You need Stamina in PvE or Energy in WvW so you can make use of Mirage profession mechanic as much as possible.

Increasing a single condition won't significantly increase DPS unless the build is trying to hit 100% on that condition alone, so you'll have much more effectiveness just by being able to use dodge attacks more often.

If you're just looking for damage then Bursting or Corruption will give more benefit. (Bursting best combined with Lich runes, otherwise focus on Corruption for the raw Condition Damage stacking that affects everything.)

Using Lich and Malice/Bursting are all-around good on Trailblazer, with Spicy/Rare Veggie Pizza, Quality/Master Tuning Crystal or Tuning Icicle if you're budget although Magnanimous Tuning Crystal is optimal, to make the most out of Trailblazer stats.

You may want to use Viper Trinkets in PvE in your 2nd build slot (sharing weapons & armor between PvE/WvW).

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Mouse.7382 said:Which environment? OP/Fractals/Pvp/etc. Are you running duel staff?

I personally dont like any of those options--unless I would be working on a raid/fractal boss--and even if I were, I'd never would have staff equiped (not a dig on your choice, just an opinion).

Open world/wVw

You need Stamina in PvE or Energy in WvW so you can make use of Mirage profession mechanic as much as possible.

Increasing a single condition won't significantly increase DPS unless the build is trying to hit 100% on that condition alone, so you'll have much more effectiveness just by being able to use dodge attacks more often.

If you're just looking for damage then Bursting or Corruption will give more benefit. (Bursting best combined with Lich runes, otherwise focus on Corruption for the raw Condition Damage stacking that affects everything.)

Using Lich and Malice/Bursting are all-around good on Trailblazer, with Spicy/Rare Veggie Pizza, Quality/Master Tuning Crystal or Tuning Icicle if you're budget although Magnanimous Tuning Crystal is optimal, to make the most out of Trailblazer stats.

You may want to use Viper Trinkets in PvE in your 2nd build slot (sharing weapons & armor between PvE/WvW).I use the traveler rune and the infusion for expertise so that there is a long duration of conditions and it is easier to fill the stacks. The duration of one of the conditions I can bring to 96%, so I thought about which one to choose. Used a sigil of corruption before.Before the corruption, I used agony so that stacks of bleeding from a staff stack with stacks of bleeding from an axe, however, stacks of bleeding take a long time to build up and I decided to experiment with other sigels, maybe there is a way to raise the damage of a mirage without sacrificing mobility (I think the energy sigil makes sense only on WVW use it because when switching weapons there is a rollback of 9 seconds and if you switch to an ax, you will have to swing an axe for 9 seconds, of which just swing through the air for a couple of seconds as you switch from a distance, or use an axe 3 and get into the center of the necromancer's well so-so idea or under the steve chainsaw in the lab)

For condi staff trailblazer mirage in open world I strongly recommend Sigil of Energy and Sigil of Bursting in both weapons. Swap on cooldown (when below 50% endurance) for ambush attacks. Bursting pulls ahead of Malice by a small amount for this build, and that amount only increases the fewer hps a target has (like most open world targets).