Friendly Fire ON

uberkingkong.8041

So we experimented with no downstate WvW.

I suggest we experiment with Friendly Fire ON WvW.

As in you have all your team using AoE on the enemy and advancing on them while AoE is still ongoing..... Well they running into there own firestorms and what not, they should be eating all the nukes and dying too.

I mean in real WvW combat, you don't have people doing arrowstorms and then advancing into your own arrowstorm. You basically do arrowstorm wait for them to charge you or whatever and then melee battle.

Right now WvW is not realistic, who does a bunch of nukes then advances into their own nukes while its still ongoing?

So I'd like to see FRIENDLY FIRE TURNED ON mode. Yes that includes you nuking yourself to death too.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:So we experimented with no downstate WvW.

As in you have all your team using AoE on the enemy and advancing on them while AoE is still ongoing..... Well they running into there own firestorms and what not, they should be eating all the nukes and dying too.

I mean in real WvW combat, you don't have people doing arrowstorms and then advancing into your own arrowstorm. You basically do arrowstorm wait for them to charge you or whatever and then melee battle.

Right now WvW is not realistic, who does a bunch of nukes then advances into their own nukes while its still ongoing?

So I'd like to see FRIENDLY FIRE TURNED ON mode. Yes that includes you nuking yourself to death too.

You do realize that hardly anyone would play right? Im just wondering. Im all for it just so that the facerolling hamsters who zerg blob would get punished; Would be pretty funny but the down time and lack of action through the whole week would suck.

If it is possible to implement without too much work it could make for a nice event-week.

There's quite alot of things you can do with it beyond the chaos it would impart on large-scale pickups.

Like, guilds on the same server could do inhouse GvG and things like that.

Among all the quick ideas floating around this forums on how to rip up the mundane, this is certainly one of the better ones.

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:So we experimented with no downstate WvW.

There is no "real" WvW combat, this is GW2, a game where people have magical powers, can fly, ride flying creatures, go invisible, teleport etc etc. This game is not about realism, and it's a poor if not outright bad idea to try and use that as reasoning. Many FPS games don't have friendly fire and you are dealing with mostly single target shooting, not a game where aoe skills have gotten out of control, many skills that also cast at your own feet. So even if everyone only solo roamed it would not be possible on some builds/classes as every time I used sword #2 or GS #4, I would be hitting myself. Even trying to cap a keep, everyone would have to run range, you could not have melee classes/builds.

Thats not even getting into the amount of trolling we would see from this. There are enough spies from server to server, now those people can kill others in their own structures, they can destroy siege that was placed, you thought tactics trolling was bad? LOL!

This is just a silly idea, nothing else.

It's too bad it'd be so easy to exploit, because a system that allowed voting people in to hostiles would be nice. When someone receives enough approval for banishment they temporarily become a hostile and are marked on the map as a betrayer. Would be a great way to punish people for doing stupid stuff like dumping hundreds of supplies in to a wall that's being trebbed, trolling commanders/being a troll commander, etc.

But, reasonably so, it will never be a feature for how easy it would be to grief and bully. Even though some people would truly deserve it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:but without player collision

I have to wonder if most if not all WvW issues would be resolved with player collison.

Run down the list:

• Lag, created from too many calcs by players within a limited space
  • Boons, too many due to players in a limited space
  • Condis, too many since too many players in a limited space
  • AOEs, too many due to many in a limited space
  • Zergs, too many in a limited space
  • Power creep, too many in a limited space
  • Walls, useless, can't hold choke points/breaches

....and the list goes on. The counter arguments are, people would troll. We already have that. Another is, it would create latency, we already have that.

So let's run a week long event with it on and see how that impacts gameplay.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:but without player collision

I have to wonder if most if not all WvW issues would be resolved with player collison.

Run down the list:
  • Lag, created from too many calcs by players within a limited space
  • Boons, too many due to players in a limited space
  • Condis, too many since too many players in a limited space
  • AOEs, too many due to many in a limited space
  • Zergs, too many in a limited space
  • Power creep, too many in a limited space
  • Walls, useless, can't hold choke points/breaches

....and the list goes on. The counter arguments are, people would troll. We already have that. Another is, it would create latency, we already have that.

So let's run a week long event with it on and see how that impacts gameplay.

Max Fat, Max Height Norn new meta! But to keep things interesting, Asura have no collision from Norn and Charr, can pass through Human and Sylvari if they have stab, and normal collision with other Asura.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:If it is possible to implement without too much work it could make for a nice event-week.

There's quite alot of things you can do with it beyond the chaos it would impart on large-scale pickups.

Like, guilds on the same server could do inhouse GvG and things like that.

Among all the quick ideas floating around this forums on how to rip up the mundane, this is certainly one of the better ones.

I agree with everything here. This idea would be interesting, even just to see how guilds and strategies will adapt.

1. The server performance would go down the toilet, as friendly fire would double the calculations to be done.

2. The game is not designed around friendly fire. There are only very few true single target skills at all. It makes a difference whether you can't use a revive in no downstate week or whether you can't use 80% of your skillset effectively.

3. The random factor is so big, that it becomes gamebreaking. Personally I could play around that in a team of decent players, but in such an event I would avoid any PUG at any cost as most players would ruin my day. And I bet others would do the same or just stop playing.

4. Such an event is an invitation to trolls and match manipulators.

@KrHome.1920 said:

1. The server performance would go down the toilet, as friendly fire would double the calculations to be done.

2. The game is not designed around friendly fire. There are only very few true single target skills at all. It makes a difference whether you can't use a revive in no downstate week or whether you can't use 80% of your skillset effectively.

3. The random factor is so big, that it becomes gamebreaking. Personally I could play around that in a team of decent players, but in such an event I would avoid any PUG at any cost as most players would ruin my day. And I bet others would do the same or just stop playing.

Do you have data backing up your claims?

@uberkingkong.8041 said:So we experimented with no downstate WvW.

That’s not gonna happen. Do you have any other ideas?

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

Do you have data backing up your claims?Yes: common sense

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

Do you have any data NOT backing up these claims?

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:

Do you have any data NOT backing up these claims?

I aint making any points,

He's basically saying the aliens are real, and I'm saying, do you have any data showing it?His response was "common sense" which is an opinion

I aint making a point, so I don't need data.He's making an accusation so he needs data to back it up with data.