Guardian or Revenant?

ralphches.1746

Hi I've decided to make a support character (pve raids and fractals and some OW) which profession do you think is good between Guardian or Revenant? How was it in terms of pugging or carrying teammates? and which do you prefer in your party? which class can focus more on the mechanics than the rotation? and which is harder?

PS I dont really like druid or tempest and for scourge it's kinda meh for me.PSS also thinking on pursuing pvp and wvw in the future DPS or Support but I like to focus more on raids and fractals for nowThanks :)

Can't really speak for guardian, but rev currently fills the role of damage support in fractals and raids, running diviner stat gear to allow 100% uptime on alacrity. While pugs usually want both a healing firebrand and an alacrity renegade revenant, the former is usually considered more vital. I would say both have their rotations, but rev also has the energy mechanic to consider, so you do have to keep that in mind constantly if you want to use stun breaks and heals when you actually need them. Where I find rev offers some challenge and requires a little bit of thinking on the player's part is what second legend to take in a given situation. There are some instabilities and bosses in fractals, for example, where it would benefit the team more if you take the demon, dwarf, or centaur legend instead of the assassin one. On top of all this, renegade rev also had some of the best breakbar damage with staff and one of the spirits, so there's certainly some paying attention to mechanics in that regard.

IME, Guardian makes it easier to hard carry in Fractals: Healbrand is the best healer for single-handedly saving an otherwise outmatched group (not just heals and DPS buffs but also mechanic-negating tricks like Reflect, Stability, and Aegis), and you can easily transition to a full-damage role (like Dragonhunter or Condibrand) when wanted. (Druid is often a stronger healer for 10-person raid content, so expect to usually be playing DPS or support+DPS in raids.)

Revenant is a great class that can do most of the same things, but sometimes you pay more for it -- e.g. getting good reflect uptime requires babysitting the Ventari tablet, which is kinda tedious gameplay. Alacrigade is highly sought-after by good groups (and there's often a shortage), but it's harder to save a struggling group with Alacrigade than it is with Healbrand.

Honestly, though? Try both out some (maybe just make a level 2 character, go to the PvP test lobby, copy a standard support build for each, and try rolling through the skills next to a golem -- a lot of them will have different scaling, but you're just looking at pure "feel" -- would you rather flip tomes or flip legends? -- rather than actual output). Neither completely eclipses the other, so whatever you're more likely to stick to and feel good playing is the better choice.

@ralphches.1746 said:Hi I've decided to make a support character (pve raids and fractals and some OW) which profession do you think is good between Guardian or Revenant? How was it in terms of pugging or carrying teammates? and which do you prefer in your party? which class can focus more on the mechanics than the rotation? and which is harder?

PS I dont really like druid or tempest and for scourge it's kinda meh for me.PSS also thinking on pursuing pvp and wvw in the future DPS or Support but I like to focus more on raids and fractals for nowThanks :)

Guardian, its one of the best classes in game and can fill ANY and ALL roles if needed. Revenant is in a state of flux where its constantly being nerfed/tuned in directions that go in opposition of the class and as a support Firebrand is the MVP. (Firebrand is guardians Elite spec in PoF)

FirebrandHealbrand buildStaff and Scepter/Focus (or Mace/Shield)

HeraldStaff and Sword/ShieldBloom Warden buildGear - Magi is cheaper but Diviner, Zealot or Cleric works better.I'm using Rune of the Groove because I like the effect and it fits with my style.[&DQkMGQ8/NC3cEQAAKxIAAAYSAADUEQAAyhEAABINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAw6ZllQKMKyiNRXsKCjFSisBqgns1frF-e

Both builds needs a little effort to learn how to play, Healbrand you have a lot of skills and you must know the effects of each one.Bloom Warden you have few skills and you must know when to use it.