Nothing new for Halloween?

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Just these new items, vendors, weapon skins and gear, guild hall decorations, and, of course, Gem Store items.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Mad_King_2020#2020_features

Items aren't actual playable content, though ;) , if there isn't a quest (chain) attached to it. But thanks for the link.

P.S. I love the decoration, but again, not really story/quest or competitive content.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Hey folks,

I was pretty busy last week and did not have much time for Halloween until just now.

Did I miss something or is there really nothing new for Halloween this year (again :/ ) apart from the weapon set?

P.S. When will the Bloody Prince's tomb reopen for everyone's enjoyment?

I'm kind of curious.... when did you get new stuff to do for RL halloween? As far as I know, it's been kind of the same for ages and ages, and why shouldn't GW2 halloween also stay the same(-ish) over many many years?

Not pointing a finger, just genuinely curious.

@Zohane.7208 said:

I was pretty busy last week and did not have much time for Halloween until just now.

Did I miss something or is there really nothing new for Halloween this year (again :/ ) apart from the weapon set?

I'm kind of curious.... when did you get new stuff to do for RL halloween? As far as I know, it's been kind of the same for ages and ages, and why shouldn't GW2 halloween also stay the same(-ish) over many many years?

Hmm.. so by your example and logic, in RL most people wake up in the morning, go to work and come home in the evening. Why shouldn't GW2 also stay the same and not having us to wield a weapon, fight each other or go kill mobs?

@Zohane.7208 said:

Not pointing a finger, just genuinely curious.Not to point out the obvious here but one is Real life and the other is a video game. If you want to keep people coming back to play during certain times on a video game you have to have something worth achieving to make people want to play the content. Right now this lack luster cape is pretty bad if you ask me. I have yet to see anyone wearing it.

@Excursion.9752 said:

Not pointing a finger, just genuinely curious.Not to point out the obvious here but one is Real life and the other is a video game. If you want to keep people coming back to play during certain times on a video game you have to have something worth achieving to make people want to play the content. Right now this lack luster cape is pretty bad if you ask me. I have yet to see anyone wearing it.

Agree that the Cape is really bad. It looks like it was made in 4 sekunds by a 6 years old kid

It’s unfortunate but par for the course. Maybe I’m seeing patterns where there’s nothing, but it seems like anet picks 1 festival a year to receive significant new content. 2018, they added the newly reworked festival of the four winds. In 2019 they did similar in adding a redesigned dragon bash. In 2020 they added a new minigame to lunar new year. So maybe in 2021 we’ll get something substantial for Halloween. Or SAB or Wintersday

@Mil.3562 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Hey folks,

Hmm.. so by your example and logic, in RL most people wake up in the morning, go to work and come home in the evening. Why shouldn't GW2 also stay the same and not having us to wield a weapon, fight each other or go kill mobs?

sQH2GUp.gif?noredirect

@Randulf.7614 said:There’s no new content, but festivals in an mmo rarely get new content. Most just give new rewards.

Well, they really pampered us the first year with the Bloody Prince quest chain, then three (?) years ago with the quests that led us across Tyria in order to finish the Mad back pieces collections. I loved that, and now every year I am holding my breath for more of the like - in vain so far. :(

I found the rewards disheartening this year though

I agree, although the deco pieces are quite nice.