I want to give you my Money Anet

Hey anet i am willing to spend money for you, on a monthly based subscribtion WITHOUT getting any Bonuses. I want an oppurtunity to give you my Money that you hopefully invest into the game. As a pvp player the gemstore does not attract me but i would like to give you money.

Give people a chance to pay you 1 time or monthly or yearly money but for getting nothing, i rly just want to support the game.

Thx and Greetings

Edit: i bet there are more players than me in pvp/wvw/Raids and stuff that rly enjoy what you created and maybe you could invest the money if its a lot into hiring people

Edit2: guys wtf I never said it's a must based sub, I don't want anything for the sub just invest to the game pls do not the fuck think I want that this game get pay 2 play

• Like 1

Yep. It's the standard answer to those who want to force a subscription model on the rest of us. NO THANK YOU. If you want to do YOUR OWN subscription, there is literally nothing stopping you from paying Anet a set amount every month with the added benefit of getting gems. Or, you can pay them an annual lump-sum of money.

The rest of us who don't want GW2 to mandate a subscription can continue playing as we are now, and buying gems when we want rather than being forced to do so.

• Confused 1

@kharmin.7683 said:

@jokke.6239 said:You can already do this, just buy gems. If you would rather have nothing, just don't spent the gems?

i would only do it if they invest into the game not into something else

What else would they invest it in other than the game?
  1. they developed 3 games simultainisly.
  2. i don't want investment in black lion shop more than into content for the smaller game modes

@Avatar.3568 said:

@jokke.6239 said:You can already do this, just buy gems. If you would rather have nothing, just don't spent the gems?

2. i don't want investment in black lion shop more than into content for the smaller game modesAs consumers, we do not have the right to demand how a company invests their capital. The company has their own metrics and financial numbers to know what will bring in the most profit for their shareholders.

Now, if you become a shareholder in the company, then you might have a voice.

Good luck.

@kharmin.7683 said:

2. i don't want investment in black lion shop more than into content for the smaller game modesAs consumers, we do not have the right to demand how a company invests their capital. The company has their own metrics and financial numbers to know what will bring in the most profit for their shareholders.

Good luck.

He has not demanded anything.I don't think launching a sub fee with the only purpose being to fund PVP content is exactly a great idea. Then the PVP community would complain that they have to pay extra to get content, etc ..But as a consumer on a forum for feedback, he has every right to voice his opinion on how they should spent their resourses in the game differently, except if Arena Net has said that we can't, but I don't remember ever reading that?. And you have the right to disagree with his opinion ofc

@kharmin.7683 said:

Other projects.

@Avatar.3568 : Just support the game any way you can, companies make games to earn money. As long as it's earning money they will keep investing in it. Seen a guy in WvW gift gem store items to people running with him on asura characters for example.

I don’t see the point in restricting how funds are used as there are ways around it. Let’s say you have a $20 monthly subscription and you want it to go directly to sPvP. Anet could reallocate their existing budget to reduce how much of their existing dollars goes to sPvP by $20 and then use your subscription to cover that gap. In the end, they’d have $20 to do with as they please.

@Avatar.3568 said:

You have no idea what they'll do with the money once they have it, subscription or no subscription. Since developers are paid salary, it's not uncommon for the video game industry to funnel any and all profits up to the CEO, board members, and shareholders rather than investing it back into the game or hiring more people.

You can already give Arenanet money, no need to implement a subscription under the assumption that that will somehow guarantee the money will be used exclusively on GW2, especially as not one but two unannounced projects have been cancelled mid-production and we don't know what, if any, other projects are in development.

@jokke.6239 said:

Good luck.

He has not demanded anything.I don't think launching a sub fee with the only purpose being to fund PVP content is exactly a great idea. Then the PVP community would complain that they have to pay extra to get content, etc ..But as a consumer on a forum for feedback, he has every right to voice his opinion on how they should spent their resourses in the game differently, except if Arena Net has said that we can't, but I don't remember ever reading that?. And you have the right to disagree with his opinion ofc

Never said he was demanding anything. Never said he didn't have a right to voice his opinion.

@Avatar.3568 said:Hey anet i am willing to spend money for you, on a monthly based subscribtion WITHOUT getting any Bonuses. I want an oppurtunity to give you my Money that you hopefully invest into the game. As a pvp player the gemstore does not attract me but i would like to give you money.

Give people a chance to pay you 1 time or monthly or yearly money but for getting nothing, i rly just want to support the game.

Thx and Greetings

Edit: i bet there are more players than me in pvp/wvw/Raids and stuff that rly enjoy what you created and maybe you could invest the money if its a lot into hiring people

Buy gems. You do not have to use them or anything.

So you want to support GW2 without buying gems because you want them to recognize your a PvP player spending money in hopes they focus more on that game mode?

Even if it were possible I don't think that is going to sway any of their decision making, They are a business and have the data from every player on what they should prioritize to make the most profit from.If I were you I think the best thing you could do is host PvP events with in gem rewards, This way you bring more attention to PvP while supporting the game.

I feel like the purpose of this thread is to address that they want to invest, but only if that investment goes toward this game. Which is understandable as it doesn't feel like this game is receiving as much focus as many would like. I for one have struggled to find any reason to login, much less any reason to give them money that feels like it will be spent on another project that inevitably gets canceled.

We have numerous features that were talked about months ago and haven't been given any news on. A rather large introductory coefficient nerf balance patch with the intent to implement more rapid balance changes. Hasn't happened. We've received ONE fractal in, what, 2 years? We haven't received any roadmap or talk about what's coming next, with only the vague understanding of an expansion scheduled for an undisclosed time next year. We've had long-term veterans of the company leave without saying a word.

We're not entitled to how they spend their capital, nor their plans for the future, nor their internal structure or development practices. Yes, covid this, covid that, covid covid covid. But ever since Daybreak's release in Living Season 4 it feels like the game has progressively received less and less focus with a few spoon fulls of content here and there.

I'm a bit of a serial monogamist when it comes to video games and have been playing this for 8 years now? So I have no doubt that part of the issue is me, but I can't imagine there aren't other veterans out there that feel pretty similarly. And despite the game being almost a decade old it still feels like it has so much potential. It's concerning to feel like it's fizzling out and fading away in spite of that.

Despite my grievances I still adamantly suggest the game to people that haven't played it. It's still got a great combat system, even if the balance attempts are few and far between, and has a lot of innovative features like mounts and how they have been implemented, guild halls (even though they were also abandoned), and stat swapping on gear which is pretty nice.

It's a business. Businesses don't necessarily adhere to the interests of customers and where those customers think resources should be allocated.

If you have a problem with the way the resources are allocated, the obvious and only thing that you can do as a customer is not support them by paying money. Maybe then they will listen to your concerns because it may be financially necessary.

Giving them your money and then expecting them to do certain things with it when they are a separate entity with possibly completely different interests and goals is illogical and not even remotely sensible.

@Avatar.3568 said:

@"jokke.6239" said:You can already do this, just buy gems. If you would rather have nothing, just don't spent the gems?

2. i don't want investment in black lion shop more than into content for the smaller game modes

So you do want something back from it, you just don't want gem store items.

First thing to bear in mind is that's not how subscriptions typically work. It doesn't make you an investor with shares in the company and the right to decide what they focus on developing, you're still just a customer, but with a different kind of payment plan. So unless Anet set up a dedicated and (as far as I know) totally unique within the industry, subscription system which also includes regularly canvassing subscribers for their feedback on what to focus on there is absolutely no guarentee a subscription would get you what you want, whether or not it gives other benefits as well.

Secondly whilst that type of business model can work - it's how most charities (non-profits for the Americans) operate - it's never quite that simple. As someone pointed out earlier in the topic one way around it is to use dedicated funds for their intended purpose and then unrestricted funds (anything which wasn't donated for a specific purpose) to cover everything else, so you still only spend what you had decided each area of work needed. It only leads to something getting extra funding when it's considered a low priority and wouldn't otherwise get anything, or when the charity can't afford it because it costs more than they normally bring in.

But there's also a lot of ways to persuade people to donate money to what you want it for, rather than what they might otherwise think is most important. It's not malicious - there are good reasons for doing this, otherwise you get situations where a charity which supplies text books to schools in remote parts of Africa (for example) gets everyone allocating their donations for "buying books" and then has no way to pay for shipping those books out to the schools that need them, because they legally have to spend all that income only on buying books. So they ask for donations for "supplying books" or something similar - the wording is close enough to what people want that they're happy to give to the cause, but allows a lot more leeway in how the money is spent. Commerical companies could do exactly the same thing, especially when there's so much cross-over in game design with things like art assets, new mechanics, elite specs etc. appearing in multiple game modes.

If Anet are aware that there are PvP players willing and able to give them money and just waiting for something to spend it on, or a reason to play more and therefore have an incentive to buy stuff that's already available and they're just choosing to ignore that and do nothing to get them spending that money then you've got far bigger problems than how exactly they recieve the funds. They're not going to suddenly change all that just because you're giving them money on a fixed payment plan.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Good luck.

Never said he was demanding anything. Never said he didn't have a right to voice his opinion.

Yeah, I misunderstood your post. My bad for not paying attention.