[Discussion] Defeating a player = chance to take their supply?

Zephyra.4709

@Jana.6831 said:I'd like to go away from the bigger = better. The bigger group would be at a pretty huge advantage if that were implemented.

Perhaps the Outnumbered buff would prevent having supply taken if enemy forces are overwhelming? Granted, I understand your concern.

Supply System needs to be revamped to begin with. Such an idea could be implemented once that is done. I don't think it needed though, nor do I see it fitting into anet's wvsw model. It's a drop in and play mode where players are not given even the slightest provocation to troll eachother. Having bodies provide the enemy with kills and supply...welll that is against the model.

The model is already pretty awkward in their pvp mode thing where you can do that. Given that is the extent of their abilities as a dev team....... I think it best to skip such an idea.

@Jana.6831 said:I'd like to go away from the bigger = better. The bigger group would be at a pretty huge advantage if that were implemented.
The supply system could be changed to accommodate this. If the supply is spread out amongst a large group there are ways to make it hinder the large group. Changes needed for this to happen though.

I'd be okay with this is if it was part of a set of mutually exclusive WvW masteries.

Like,Skirmisher's Expertise: "When you stomp a foe, you steal up to 10 of their supply and reset your special action key ability. Use the special action key to become immune to Sentry and Watchtower marks for 10 minutes (15 minute cooldown)." (For roaming)ORSiege Master's Expertise: "Skills that apply boons or heal also apply to siege you place without targeting them (healing on golems is applied at a reduced rate). Dismantle siege with the special action key and regain 25% of the supply used if in unowned territory, 50% if owned. Supply returned maxed at 25." (For sieging structures)ORVanguard's Expertise: "Break stun, and your next Stability or Resistance granting skill cannot be removed or corrupted (ignores Winds of Disenchantment), activate using special action key." (For zerg fights)

Basically, WvW masteries that can define the style of play more instead of just being a giant checklist of stat bumps.

Remember some people still can only grab 10 supply from an unclaimed camp. Taking 5 away from one of those people upon death is taking away half their supply, which is alittle unfair when compared to taking 5 away from someone carrying 25 supply who may be tougher to kill. I think it would promote more newbie killing.

If it wasn't a set number for every rank across the board, but a range whereby the higher rank kills returned more supply than the lower ranks, it might even the hunt a bit, but then, you'd have the issue of what happens if the kill isn't holding supply or you might get a discussion about the inability to collect more than 25 supply despite killing 20 high level players that had supply on them.

It doesn't really matter because your personally supply doesn't really matter over time, it's only the group supply. So whether you steal 10 from a new guy with only 10 or 10 from a veteran with 25, it's still 10 from the group supply total.

And that goes all the way down to the small havoc groups (or even solo) too. The personal carrying capacity doesn't matter since if you were alone, you cant solo build a paper siege, and even with 2 people (1 with 10, 1 with 25), you'd still be unable to build no matter which person you stomped.

you dont get 5 supply, you get 50% of your capacity. mostly i get 7 cause i can carry 15 but the dolly scams 0,5 supplies! (evil dolly)- if you have +5 aura cause you were in a golem and exploited that or you just captured a tower and a dollie of the former owner comes by, i even got 10 from a dolly then.

i dont think taking the enemies supplies on kill is good in any scenario i can think of right now. i dont need it while roaming and in a zerg the more dominant server mostly has enough access to supply, taking it away from the lossing side will only cause greater inbalances.

@Kiroshima.8497 said:Skirmisher's Expertise: "When you stomp a foe, you steal up to 10 of their supply and reset your special action key ability. Use the special action key to become immune to Sentry and Watchtower marks for 10 minutes (15 minute cooldown)." (For roaming)

i would love a stomp WvW abiliti line. tho i dont need such a special action key, it would mostly be used by a zerg to sneak something, as most roamer know how to not get marked.also could possibly abused inside a keep after capture as it is the same mark as a sentry just diffrent timer. and anet doesnt like to distinguish such things i feel. just look at reveal its the same for class skills, anti stealth trap and the sands in desert border they overwrite eachother and can all be removed with deadeye elite, tho i am not sure if sands was intended to be able to get cleansed or overwritten.

@Kiroshima.8497 said:I'd be okay with this is if it was part of a set of mutually exclusive WvW masteries.

Like,Skirmisher's Expertise: "When you stomp a foe, you steal up to 10 of their supply and reset your special action key ability.

I like this idea regarding stomping aka finishing a downed player; very rarely do I see players stomping others in the midst of zerg fights unless they are way off tag. Of the 30+ odd players that I see die, probably only 2-4 get properly 'stomped'.

@HazyDaisy.4107

I appreciate your thoughts regarding newcomers and veterans alike. While my suggestion might be interpreted as being too vague I definitely agree it would be beneficial to have a certain system in place to prevent unbalanced supply draining whereby lower ranked players or those whom can only carry 10 supply will have only 2-3 supply taken if they are defeated as opposed to higher ranked players or those whom can carry 15+ will have 5 supply taken. I hope that makes better sense. Thanks for your involvement.

@Substance E.4852 said:No thanks. The last thing the game needs is some new penalty for dying.

People are already reluctant enough to come out and fight a force besieging their keep/tower.

Allowing their enemy to get even more supply for killing them would make this even worse.

Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated. Perhaps I dare to probe but, what if there were a system in place that prevents your supply being taken if you have recently been defeated and your supply obtained by the enemy? Let's say, a ~10 minute 'buff' that prevents any more supply being taken from you? I hope that makes sense.

@"Substance E.4852" said:No thanks. The last thing the game needs is some new penalty for dying.

People are already reluctant enough to come out and fight a force besieging their keep/tower.

Allowing their enemy to get even more supply for killing them would make this even worse.

If more supply is needed for defensive siege, then defenders will be motivated to go out and kill the attackers. Likewise, if more supply is needed to attack the defenders, attackers will be motivated as well. People often confuse "(typical) WvW players" for lacking motivation, when really, they lack courage. More motivation, more courage... generally.

Some people only see the penalty for dying, some only see the victory in killing. Others see both.

Archived