Mesmer must be removed

Escanor.8157

Ill leave this here, made the last days with some mesmer sneezes.Screen is not mine but its from a server ally that plays opn NA timezone.

AHCHOO.PNG

Im using same stats as this person and my damage crits cant even do 3k on downed players xD.... l2p issue for sure , stll IMO mesmers elites are to much dependant from the F keys.

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Ill leave this here, made the last days with some mesmer sneezes.Screen is not mine but its from a server ally that plays opn NA timezone.

AHCHOO.PNG

Im using same stats as this person and my damage crits cant even do 3k on downed players xD.... l2p issue for sure , stll IMO mesmers elites are to much dependant from the F keys.

first hit landed for 1k, next one for 7k. doesnt take a genius to figure out that something big happened in between.like getting 25 stacks of might, enemy eating 25 stacks of vulnerability, dropping under 50% for traits/runes to proc.if you run full glass build with a blob sooner or later you will see insane numbers.heck I landed 9k split surge channel as mirage in wvw, and I dont even play the mode. 25 might, 25 vuln does wonders for damageadd in some extra ferocity from allies and here you go

@"Escanor.8157" said:It is clear that ArenaNet cannot balance this profission without leaving it weak. So it is better to remove and create a new profission. This profission reminds me Elf of some games that are useless several buffs and 0 damage.

+1

Escanor, as a reminder...this is not the True Mesmer Profession from Guild Wars and wonder why it is broken- beyond repair and make no sense-Never will!! because it is not an authentic Mesmer in Guild Wars lore

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/21734/how-mesmer-design-was-ruined-in-gw2

-here is the real Mesmer-https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mesmer

Have a nice day

@Escanor.8157 said:It is clear that ArenaNet cannot balance this profission without leaving it weak. So it is better to remove and create a new profission. This profission reminds me Elf of some games that are useless several buffs and 0 damage.

I will most certainly agree that there have been extensive challenges to balancing the Mesmer profession. Anyone who played, or attempted to play Mesmer through that nearly 2 year string of endless nerfs will be painfully aware of that fact. However the recommendation to simply remove and replace is as heavy handed as it is unlikely to happen. Ultimately this argument hinges not on balance, but the present perception that Mesmer is weak. I will argue, along with those who have posted before me, that this is a misperception. There are intact several strong builds for Mesmers across each of the game modes.

I would recommend to the OP that rather than spending time by posting unlikely suggestions of profession removal, that time might be better spent doing some small measure of research followed by a greater degree of time spent acquiring the proper gear for whatever build research returns, and practice on one of the golems learning that build.

Good luck!

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Ill leave this here, made the last days with some mesmer sneezes.Screen is not mine but its from a server ally that plays opn NA timezone.

AHCHOO.PNG

first hit landed for 1k, next one for 7k. doesnt take a genius to figure out that something big happened in between.like getting 25 stacks of might, enemy eating 25 stacks of vulnerability, dropping under 50% for traits/runes to proc.if you run full glass build with a blob sooner or later you will see insane numbers.heck I landed 9k split surge channel as mirage in wvw, and I dont even play the mode. 25 might, 25 vuln does wonders for damageadd in some extra ferocity from allies and here you goWell of Calamity pulses 3 times with 0.5 - 0.5 - 3.0 multipliers.

That 1k hit was pretty sure the second pulse of the well with a 0.5 multiplier, while the 7k and 15k hits are from the third pulse with the 3.0 multiplier.

And as we can see: there is a big variety in terms of damage mitigation. The same multiplier hits one player for 7k and another player for 15k. And 7k for such a multiplier is fine. Skills that hit that hard are very rare in the game after feb25. Nevertheless there is damage mitigation that lowers the damage of such a hit even more than shown in that image. I've landed 2k critical hits with 3.0 multiplier skills (ascended marauder gear) dozens of times on bunker beasts, bunker eles or bunker scrappers. It's laughable each time.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Escanor.8157" said:It is clear that ArenaNet cannot balance this profission without leaving it weak. So it is better to remove and create a new profission. This profission reminds me Elf of some games that are useless several buffs and 0 damage.

+1

Escanor, as a reminder...this is not the True Mesmer Profession from Guild Wars and wonder why it is broken- beyond repair and make no sense-Never will!! because it is not an authentic Mesmer in Guild Wars lore

-here is the real Mesmer-

Have a nice day

I don't understand that line of reasoning. So in a different game there's a class with the same name, but it is different.

Uhhh okay.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

+1

-here is the real Mesmer-

Have a nice day

I don't understand that line of reasoning. So in a different game there's a class with the same name, but it is different.

Uhhh okay.

'Why don't we start with a rundown of what exactly the mesmer is?'

'Anet: So, the mesmer. This is the super-best-kept secret, eighth and last profession for Guild Wars 2. He is a scholar which means light cloth armor like the elementalist and necromancer. It’s kind of a hybrid of magic and melee – a fencing, dueling, finesse, mind game profession. We’re trying to keep a lot of what was there with the first mesmer in Guild Wars 1. We felt it was a pretty iconic profession for us.'

'The big things that he does to carry over that tradition – the Guild Wars 1 mesmer controlled the resources of the game. There was energy, skill interrupting, and all that stuff.'The mesmer manipulated and controlled those resources. That was how he fit into the puzzle.'

'In the original Guild Wars, the mesmer was more of a support class. What specific steps did you take when you decided to bring this class to Guild Wars 2 to move it away from being a support class?'

OuPvXaF.jpg

Like I said it's a different game with differenc classes that use themes and names from the old game to help carry over the player base. That's it. How GW1 Mesmer works is completely irrelevant to GW2.

@Tseison.4659 said:To make this simple; summoning illusions should have never been the focus for the Mesmer kit and HEXES should've been the focus. Clones/Phantasms should've been an elite spec of their own. Period.

Sure, I'll bite. So then by that exact logic Necromancer should require fresh corpses to do things like summoning minions ala gw1. Guard should be a cleric, and we should all get dual class to fill in the many gaps each class would then have. What the fuck ever dude. Seriously, just What the fuck ever...

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@Tseison.4659 said:To make this simple; summoning illusions should have never been the focus for the Mesmer kit and
HEXES
should've been the focus. Clones/Phantasms should've been an elite spec of their own. Period.

Sure, I'll bite. So then by that exact logic Necromancer should require fresh corpses to do things like summoning minions ala gw1. Guard should be a cleric, and we should all get dual class to fill in the many gaps each class would then have. What the kitten ever dude. Seriously, just What the kitten ever...

I'm pretty sure there's ways to introduce hexes in Guild Wars 2 but why do I even bother entertaining your reply because you're clearly bothered and in the end, Mesmer isn't in a good spot nor are they a part of the Meta since everything we have is literally being given to every other class. Good, fkn, bye.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@Tseison.4659 said:To make this simple; summoning illusions should have never been the focus for the Mesmer kit and
HEXES
should've been the focus. Clones/Phantasms should've been an elite spec of their own. Period.

Sure, I'll bite. So then by that exact logic Necromancer should require fresh corpses to do things like summoning minions ala gw1. Guard should be a cleric, and we should all get dual class to fill in the many gaps each class would then have. What the kitten ever dude. Seriously, just What the kitten ever...

Yet Mesmer and Necromancer derived from Guild Wars 1? Yup, this is exactly why Guild Wars 2 destroyed their roles . To please the masses to make them fit in instead of being who they are.

In other word, Necromancer and Mesmer Profession should forget where they came from, who they are, be a people pleaser, to blend in just because they are in a new environment?

Yeah ok!!

• Guild Wars 2 did just that-

(this is why especially Mesmer Profession is behaving erratically and can not be stopped because its identity was forcibly robbed from them to forcibly accept, forcibly adapt to a new identity...a Toxic Identity, in a Hostile-Toxic environment which it does not belong in)

@Burnfall.9573 said:

HEXES

Yet Mesmer and Necromancer derived from Guild Wars 1? Yup, this is exactly why Guild Wars 2 destroyed their roles . To please the masses to make them fit in instead of being who they are.

In other word, Necromancer and Mesmer Profession should forget where they came from, who they are, be a people pleaser, to blend in just because they are in a new environment?

Yeah ok!!

(this is why especially Mesmer Profession is behaving erratically and can not be stopped because its identity was forcibly robbed from them to forcibly accept, forcibly adapt to a new identity...a Toxic Identity, in a Hostile-Toxic environment which it does not belong in)

Aren't you, VanIahtestealthensiten and Bad Med bored yet? It's been 7 years. If ANet was going to change it, they would have by now.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Tseison.4659" said:To make this simple; summoning illusions should have never been the focus for the Mesmer kit and
HEXES

Yeah ok!!

Dont forget that the combat overall and its mechanics changed as well, warrior its almost as gw1 warrior but now with diferent flavours.

Mesmer in Gw1 was used to pressure targets with single and aoe e-denial skills as in pressuring energy management and interrupting their actions, in gw2 ANet decided to not go with the traditional all classes have energy and that was one of the reasons mesmers had to change to a more direct gameplay towards results based on its ilusions, core utilities ended somewhat decent some ended quite strong.Mesmers also lost its Hexes in place of real ilusions/clones, this was done since everithing was made to be boom spam or condi spam, being mantra, shouts everything ends the same condi or boon.

Chrono issue is that could be a decent suppport and debuffer/controller class, but ended being a gimmick that got nerfed and now its wells are somewhat underwhelming excep certain ocasions.

Give the controller role to chrono;Chrono wells need to debuff and convert certain boons to condis, quickness to chill and swiftness to slow, while doing the oposite to alies, this would be a nice adition to well of calamity or well of action(this one feels lackluster).The traits IMO besides the slow traits are a but underwhelmil, the 1-1-1 its what suits the clas, the other 2 lines one could be for alacrity and the other for quicknessChrono still dependent of the clones, a trait to reduce damage from melee skills on ilusions and clones in trade with of more damage from burn(like gw1 spirits worked)

And where are my gw1 chrono skills?https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Time_Ward ???https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Stolen_Speed???https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Migraine????https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Confusing_Images???https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mindbender ???

Chrono buildish was already possible in gw1 :P and this is what chrono should be about mostly!All this goodies should be added to chrono wells xD make that super strong of the 1005 delay effect direct and last 1-2 seconds only :) would make combat moredificult and more skilled since players could interrupt and would not make it OP, not everythign needs to be boon or condi or even instant damage... other mechanics could be easilly added to the game, Anet could had even introduced hex back, strong effect but that would only lat 1-2sec max and would not be a boon nor condi also would not be improved by boon duration nor condi duration.

I mean, they can easily introduce hexes for Mesmers in the form of a reverse barrier that only lasts for 2-3secs OR can create another debuff that can’t be removed and once the hex ends, it inflicts random damage/conditions/cc. But these hexes would be more utility skills than F1-4 skills.

It’s just too hard to work new elite specs around stupid clones...