What about a story and easy mode for the Raids?

Dantert.1803

About raids, we know from an anet post that it's hard for them to add content since the population is scarce, so, why not adding a story mode where the content is a little easier, and a normal and hard mode(this would be the currrent one).So more people that are casuals and mid-casuals could enjoy it too.This also helps since for some people having a party of 10 is hard depending on timezone and time availability and those people could organize and clear the raid with smaller size parties at easy difficulty.

Don't get me wrong, I like the strike missions and I think the more content the better but if you added them to move people towards raids it is not the right direction in my opinion

Could have sworn there was a stickied poll in the dungeons sub forum unless they removed it. I know there was a huge thread on it for years

Regardless, I'd certainly make use of such a mode. Not sure I'm that fussed whether it gets added or not. I think personally we make the barrier to raids ourselves either by players not adapting to the higher difficulty or experienced players often not willing to embrace and teach players and putting up "proofs".

GW1 locked stories behind elite missions which were similar to raids. People seemed happy with those

How is this poll not misleading or biased?

You are not asking for less content, you are asking for "at all" content.

Your first option would have had to be: I want significantly more resources spent on raids, which are currently discontinued, in order for easy and regular raids to be developed.

The second option is hardly less content, it's more content than now, which is basically none. As such the option would have to read: I want the bare minimum developer resources back again for developing this content.

You should have introduced an option 3: if no new raid content at all is introduced, which is where we are now, should easy mode raids be made for existing raids? Which again would require more developer attention to this mode than is currently allocated (that we know of).

Why is this significant? For me personally my vote would depend strictly on if there is ever to be more raid content or not. In case this is a done deal and no more resources are devoted to raids, might as well ask for easy mode raids (which I still think make no sense, but this at least is resources spent on the mode). If there is to be raid content, I would not want the limited resources which were spent in the past to be split. Obviously the ideal scenario would be to have even more resources than in the past to have easy mode raids and regular raids developed (still doubt this makes sense, but more resources on content is always good for that content), but that is basically wishful thinking at this point.

And how do you propose to make the content "a little easier"? Lower Hp? Not often when people fail. Less mechanics? Fight loses flavour and just becomes a piñata. Give the players a unique buff? Bit of column a, bit of column b of the previous two.

The current would be normal mode not hard mode.

Also people need to accept that an easier mode will never be as rewarding and some rewards would exclusively be locked out of the easier modes. "Just give the harder modes more rewards /just make the rewards take longer to get" I hear you say. The former putting you back at square 1 and the latter changing the proposition from "I want to be able to do this" to "I want to get something and I don't / can't put the effort in to get it" and I feel is fairly against moving people towards getting better and getting into raids.

Besides you can , quite literally, find a large swath of threads on this topic, some very long, and potentially ever argument that would be in this one, by using the search function. This is by no means a new topic and has been discussed to a point where coming across something new that hasn't already been discussed is pretty rare.

Also what is with the forum and loaded poll options...

It's a yes or no questions yet you have made it:" You agree with me. Well done. We're right and this is best for everyone" Vs "You don't agree with me. You're wrong and selfish".

Way to much "anyone who disagrees with me or my idea is wrong and bad" going on.

I've never done raids but I think if there were an easy/tutorial/rehearsal mode that allowed you to learn the mechanics before trying to do the normal mode that would make it easier for people to start doing raids and therefore perhaps increase the number of people doing raids, making everyone happier. This easy mode doesn't necessarily need to have significant loot if its just a way to ease people into doing raids. If it is meant to be an alternative to normal difficulty raids it gets more complicated.

I wouldn't mind an easy or story mode for raids as this would 1)show more players the created content and the stories inside the raids and 2)maybe make it so that more people play regular raids because the encounters are generally fun once you get the hang of it.

However, story or easy mode should not reward insights, skins or other rewards currently available from raids. I'm fine if it nets some blues and greens and maybe gets its own set of skins, but handing out "real" raid rewards for an easy or story mode would be a bad idea imho.

@sigur.9453 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I have yet to see a poll on these forums that isn't inherently biased. I really wish polls were not an option.

hyperbole, but sure, thanks for sharing your opinion with us.

If I were to make this like the polls I see on here it would be:

The polls that appear are incredibly biased. I would like to see fair questions and options for answers since a lot of polls are a waste of time currently, only used to validate the op, and should be properly regulated or removed.

Vs

I'm happy being given no real option in my choices in agreeing with the op or not to the point where my opinion on the matter either agrees or I am wrong / made to look selfish or bad in some way...and I dont mind being wrong all the time or having my valid opinion invalidated.

Yeah. Something along those lines.

Strike missions are easy-mode raids. If you mean developing easier versions of existing raids, it's not going to happen. ANet has been allergic to revisiting existing instanced content since their attempts to revise dungeons fell flat. If you mean a way to get raid rewards without doing existing raids, that could happen. However, there will probably be as many or more complaints about the new "way" as there have been about raids.

See you after this gets moved to the raids/dungeons/fractals sub-forum.

@sigur.9453 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I have yet to see a poll on these forums that isn't inherently biased. I really wish polls were not an option.

That's not what hyperbole means.

ok, so all polls on these forums are biased, got it.

A hyperbolic statement is an exaggeration of fact that is not meant to be taken seriously (look it up). I offered my opinion on the polls that I have seen, not each and every poll on the forum. That is not hyperbole, nor is it a statement intended to include all polls. It is an opinion.

@kharmin.7683 said:

That's not what hyperbole means.

ok, so all polls on these forums are biased, got it.

A hyperbolic statement is an exaggeration of fact that is not meant to be taken seriously (look it up). I offered my opinion on the polls that I have seen, not each and every poll on the forum. That is not hyperbole, nor is it a statement intended to include all polls. It is an opinion.

"Hyperbole, from a Greek word meaning "excess," is a figure of speech that uses extreme exaggeration to make a point or show emphasis. It is the opposite of understatement."Your definition of "hyperbolic statmen"t is also correct though.

Since its not my native language i need to trust you on this (its translated to exaggeration in my language)

So my posting should have been

Ty for your anectotical obervation (i looked it up to make sure) then.

While raids are fine as they are with their "difficulty" (They're still too easy even with CMs) I can understand that some people want to play them for some backstory/lore. I'm still a huge lore nerd and it still pains me that a good bit of good lore is locked behind W4. People who are interestested in lore generally don't raid or care for snowcrows meta and benchmarks and I hate that this is a requirement these days. I'd rather play with people who like to have fun playing the game and enjoying stuff together than mindlessly following something labeled as meta and rushing through stuff in less than 3 minutes. Sadly, it's very hard to find like minded people these days... especially as a veteran playing since 2012...

First of all we already have a normal mode and a hard mode. The only thing missing is an easy mode and/or a story mode. The acceptance of such modes would depend entirely on their implementation and reward structure.

A story mode should be soloable and give no raid-specific rewards or achievements. It doesn't even have to include all mechanics (or a single player variant of them) since the goal is just to show the story.

An easy mode should require 10 people and give no LI or any of the existing achievements. And that's where problems start. You can't give any of the existing raid rewards without devaluing them. Magnetite Shards / Gaeting Crystals would be ok as a reward since they allow raid beginners to buy ascended stuff from the vendor, but don't unlock any skins or equipment that are currently achievement locked. Since they are already awarded for unsuccessful attempts you can argue that they also should be awarded in easy mode.

Also your poll is incredibly biased, so I had no choice but to click the option that you clearly didn't want people to click.