How to permanently show supplies?

Luthan.5236

The area where it shows seems to be hand-drawn--there's no way to change it via settings as far as I know.

It doesn't match up with the territory lines because it was implemented way earlier and never updated. Then again, there's also the issue in NWT on DBL where the UI disappears even while you're still inside the tower...so however they did that, they really need to polish it.

Oh I see. I thought it was somehow related to the info at the top right. For PvE open world content there is for example the setting for the "content guid" where I had to figure the exact setting I needed out by just trying the different ones. (So that in the end it shows far away events - the closest one. I set it to disable personal story I think.)

Thought this somehow was related to events since the WvW info for supplies is tied to the "defend" event. (That maybe sometimes the event despawns?)

But if you mention the thing with the hand-drawn borders ... makes sense if they later changed those on the map and changed the camps to somewhere else. Just weird if you are directly at the supply depot near the supervisor or the supply location (noticed this at Golanta yesterday ... and at some places elsewhere in the past) ... and it doesn't show up. When you might want to place some defensive siege if the camp is full ... but you need to know whether the camp is full or empty first.

Maybe they could just hotfix it to show up in an area around some supply depot structure. (Area that is used for the structural buffs - for +5 supplies from guild buffy - seems to work correctly I think.)

Adding some line to the quartermaster - who also shows the amount of dolyaks needed for the next upgrade - might also be a quick and easy hotfix. (But that box can be accessed from the map - might not be something that is intended to be seen from every location ... but only if someone is nearby. Then again ... scouting is so easy nowadays. And it could at least be shown for the own team only.)

@"Luthan.5236" said:Oh I see. I thought it was somehow related to the info at the top right. For PvE open world content there is for example the setting for the "content guid" where I had to figure the exact setting I needed out by just trying the different ones. (So that in the end it shows far away events - the closest one. I set it to disable personal story I think.)

Thought this somehow was related to events since the WvW info for supplies is tied to the "defend" event. (That maybe sometimes the event despawns?)

But if you mention the thing with the hand-drawn borders ... makes sense if they later changed those on the map and changed the camps to somewhere else. Just weird if you are directly at the supply depot near the supervisor or the supply location (noticed this at Golanta yesterday ... and at some places elsewhere in the past) ... and it doesn't show up. When you might want to place some defensive siege if the camp is full ... but you need to know whether the camp is full or empty first.

Maybe they could just hotfix it to show up in an area around some supply depot structure. (Area that is used for the structural buffs - for +5 supplies from guild buffy - seems to work correctly I think.)

Adding some line to the quartermaster - who also shows the amount of dolyaks needed for the next upgrade - might also be a quick and easy hotfix. (But that box can be accessed from the map - might not be something that is intended to be seen from every location ... but only if someone is nearby. Then again ... scouting is so easy nowadays. And it could at least be shown for the own team only.)

The supply amount should always show in a given range of a camp or structure, it is not tied to any event, as supply is constant unless people take it and camps will over time spawn more and more supply 10 supply at a time at a given time interval. Sometimes this doesn't show, even when in the middle of a camp, which seems to be a bug I have only noticed in the past few months, it seems to "fix" it self when the camp is flipped and then taken back.

As for yak count for upgrade, click on the camp icon in your main or mini map, the upgrade panel will show for that camp/structure and will tell you how many yaks have made it and how many is needed for the next upgrade, and this can be done even from other maps, you don't need to be close. You only need to be on the same map if you want to slot an upgrade, but not to see how far along it is or what upgrades others have placed in the camp. This also applies to all camps/structures, not just owned ones.

Yes I know that thing with the dolyaks. (And I wanted the supplies to show at the similar window so you could access them there if the "bug" occurs for the normal info at the top right.)

Does this bug exist for long already? (Then ArenaNet should know shouldn't they? I wonder why it isn't fixed then.) I think it is tied to the events. Because it showed there with the "defend ..." event (when at an enemy structure it is near the "attack ..." event).

In the Wiki (example Golanta) they even mention that line I refer to in the respective events:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assault_Golanta_Clearinghttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defend_Golanta_Clearing

When I can't see the amount of supplies - usually the attack/defend (only noticed it for defend I think) event is gone as well. At first I thought it might have been some timer (so people can't farm those events) ... but for defending there is already the 5 mins or so counting down. (For keeps and stuff it immediately re-appears after giving rewards. And the timer only starts again if still an attack is happening.)

Yesterday I remember having rezzed the supervisor. And no event with supply amount being displayed.

Maybe the bug appears if supervisors go down and get rezzed (without the camp getting flipped by the enemy) ... until the enemy flips later.

From what I have noticed at a own keep - after rezzing - the event stayed (and showed supplies) but the capture circle bar (enemy capped it like 10-20 percent) still stayed filled. (Don't know if this is intended as well. Or a display bug. My guess is after they kill the lord next time again ... the bar would start from empty. While in our defensive event until then it displays the bar a bit filled.)

@"Luthan.5236" said:Yes I know that thing with the dolyaks. (And I wanted the supplies to show at the similar window so you could access them there if the "bug" occurs for the normal info at the top right.)

Does this bug exist for long already? (Then ArenaNet should know shouldn't they? I wonder why it isn't fixed then.) I think it is tied to the events. Because it showed there with the "defend ..." event (when at an enemy structure it is near the "attack ..." event).

In the Wiki (example Golanta) they even mention that line I refer to in the respective events:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assault_Golanta_Clearinghttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defend_Golanta_Clearing

When I can't see the amount of supplies - usually the attack/defend (only noticed it for defend I think) event is gone as well. At first I thought it might have been some timer (so people can't farm those events) ... but for defending there is already the 5 mins or so counting down. (For keeps and stuff it immediately re-appears after giving rewards. And the timer only starts again if still an attack is happening.)

Yesterday I remember having rezzed the supervisor. And no event with supply amount being displayed.

Maybe the bug appears if supervisors go down and get rezzed (without the camp getting flipped by the enemy) ... until the enemy flips later.

From what I have noticed at a own keep - after rezzing - the event stayed (and showed supplies) but the capture circle bar (enemy capped it like 10-20 percent) still stayed filled. (Don't know if this is intended as well. Or a display bug. My guess is after they kill the lord next time again ... the bar would start from empty. While in our defensive event until then it displays the bar a bit filled.)

Nice, that you think Anet cares about WvW bugs.They don't. We have many bugs for many years and those are not fixed.Then just look at living world updates. Those really minor bugs in living world are hot fixed on next day. WvW does not get any love.