So I was playing deadeye

obcan.1470

And I casually decided to snipe ranger I saw in WvW. So I Kneeled got my 1500 range attacks aaaand... He outranged me? He literally stood outside my range, my screen was showing "out of range", "out of range", "out of range". Okay so he can't get to me from that distance so I am safe right? But no. He stood barely outside my 1500 range I couldn't touch him while he shot me? Why? There is nothing that increases rangers bow range to 1500 as far as I know? What the hell ANET?

And yes I know that rangers projectiles do not disappear after range threshold by why do mine?

It's because arrows fly in an arc, so their range can be extended a bit beyond the maximum range indicated by the tooltips. More so if they have the high ground.

Meanwhile pistol and rifle shots fly in a straight line, so they don't get to enjoy this slight benefit.

You do realize that I do not need explanation how it is happening. I need explanation why it is happening. I am after all sacrificing my mobility for ability to outrange everyone yet fully mobile ranger is capable to shoot me down from even bigger distance? Doesnt that sounds absolutely retarded?

It’s due to Deadeye skills not having the 15% Range Buffer on it’s attacks with Rifle Kneeling. Tested it Deadeye Attacks stop exactly at the 1500 Range indicator, the Rangers skills have the 15% Buffer which equates to 225 added range.It’s a bug an needs to be fixed, I posted about it in the bug subforum

I get that you are just complaining but for anyone else,

There are "bullet" projectiles that go the listed rangeAnd there are"Arrow" projectiles that go their listed range and then experience additional falloff range.

People didn't believe me that ranger lb arrows travel well over 2k range,

@Justine.6351 said:People didn't believe me that ranger lb arrows travel well over 2k range,They generally dont. It's more like 1800 range. Nothing new, this has been known since the release of the GW2 and is exploited by every ranger in WvW.

Elementalist have the same "feature" in fire attunement and staff. Autoattack goes further than 1200 range.

Some other weapons can hit further by proxy (engineer pistols have longer than 900 range due to AoE).

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Justine.6351 said:People didn't believe me that ranger lb arrows travel well over 2k range,They generally dont. It's more like 1800 range. Nothing new, this has been known since the release of the GW2 and is exploited by every ranger in WvW.

Elementalist have the same "feature" in fire attunement and staff. Autoattack goes further than 1200 range.

Some other weapons can hit further by proxy (engineer pistols have longer than 900 range due to AoE).

Like I said, people still don't believe me that ranger lb arrows go well over 2k range...

@Justine.6351 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Like I said, people still don't believe me that ranger lb arrows go well over 2k range...

Because you were wrong, it's not 2k.

Archived