Why should I use dagger? (pvp)

gmmg.9210

Dagger and Shield work together as a very powerful set which allows SpB to rip more boons.

Dagger 3 and Shield 5 both remove boons due to the Dispelling Force Minor, and Dagger F1 also removes boons.Dagger 2, Dagger F1 and Shield 5 are also all mobility skills, giving SpB alot of sticking power.

Main hand Axe on PVP isn't very good.

With my Dagger I have damage, double gap closer and daze.

Axe provides damage and a mediocre gap closer, for PVP even sword and mace are better than axe.

Axes provide damage only, that's good for PvE where enemies are just waiting there to die, but on PVP people will dodge, interrupt or block your axe 5 and dodge your damage spike. Dagger, sword, shield, horn... Those bring you utility, mobility, protection and of course damage.

That said, just play whatever you enjoy, you are here to have fun not to play meta.

F1, Full counter, F1 again = 5 boons removed. Dagger 3 is a very quick on-demand interrupt with low CD for when you see someone casting a heal or telegraphed skill and removes another boon. The double leaps help with your mobility and the slow on Dagger 2 is worthwhile as well.

It also feels a lot less clunky than axe IMO, which is nice considering how often you'll be swapping back and forth and using F1 skills.

@Caedmon.6798 said:Tether is also amazing vs thieves and easier to land with it if gs missed and they dodged or ported back when comboing it with dag 2,even if they port again after landing it they will still get pulled back and have the reveal status aswell. Its a good counter against them.

If you time things right you can burst right on top of them when they are knocked down. I try to leap at them with dagger 2 (to close the distance) and then swap into a Greatsword F1.

@Yasai.3549 said:Dagger and Shield work together as a very powerful set which allows SpB to rip more boons.

Dagger 3 and Shield 5 both remove boons due to the Dispelling Force Minor, and Dagger F1 also removes boons.Dagger 2, Dagger F1 and Shield 5 are also all mobility skills, giving SpB alot of sticking power.

I think you mean shield 4. Shield 5 is just a regular 3s block. Shield 4 is a small leap that bashes and stuns the target. But yeah, you are right. Dagger/shield + GS is the best combo imo.