Repir Data Archive (Not Responding)

For a long time my game has been crashing, or audio just cuts out for no reason, or UI is blank and disappears, or i'll zone into a map via waypoint and i'll be put underground and no amount of waypointing can pull me out of the ground, OR exiting the game freezes the last image of the game to my desktop preveneting me from doing anything on my computer until I restart my pc.

I got prompted to do the Guild Wars 2 repair twice this week automatically upon starting the game. And each time the repair app freezes and stops responding. This is after a fresh install I did last night. Nothing changes after I uninstall and reinstall the game.

@"Hot Boy.7138" said:I got prompted to do the Guild Wars 2 repair twice this week automatically upon starting the game. And each time the repair app freezes and stops responding.

Before you try to repair the game (you should also delete the Local.dat when doing so, by the way), you should check your system and hardware - it sounds like some underlying issue that isn't game-related.

First of all, make sure all your system drivers are up to date (graphics card, motherboard etc). Futhermore, quoting myself from another thread:

I recommend you execute these simple steps:

• Open the Command Prompt: CMD --> Run as Administrator
  • type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (wait for it to finish)
  • type: SFC /scannow (wait for it to finish)
  • Exit the Command Prompt once done, restart your PC.

This can solve most problems related to faulty system files or drivers.

Side note: I generally recommend you make regular backups of the Windows partition so that you can go back to an earlier, healthy state of the OS in case something breaks. Also, only install system-related stuff on C: , put your games, non-system related programs, personal files etc on a separate partition.

If the previous method did not fix the issue, check your system for malware and viruses. I recommend using AVG for that purpose: https://www.avg.com/en-ww/homepage#pc (run a deep scan)

If that didn't help either, you should check your hardware for possible issues:

Let us know how it fared.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Hot Boy.7138" said:I got prompted to do the Guild Wars 2 repair twice this week automatically upon starting the game. And each time the repair app freezes and stops responding.

Before you try to repair the game (
you should also delete the Local.dat when doing so, by the way
), you should check your system and hardware - it sounds like some underlying issue that isn't game-related.

First of all, make sure all your system drivers are up to date (graphics card, motherboard etc). Futhermore, quoting myself from another thread:

I recommend you execute these simple steps:
  • Open the Command Prompt: CMD --> Run as Administrator
  • type:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    (wait for it to finish)
  • type:
    SFC /scannow
    (wait for it to finish)
  • Exit the Command Prompt once done, restart your PC.

This can solve most problems related to faulty system files or drivers.

Side note: I generally recommend you make regular backups of the Windows partition so that you can go back to an earlier, healthy state of the OS in case something breaks. Also, only install system-related stuff on C: , put your games, non-system related programs, personal files etc on a separate partition.

If the previous method did not fix the issue, check your system for malware and viruses. I recommend using AVG for that purpose:
(run a deep scan)

If that didn't help either, you should check your hardware for possible issues:

Let us know how it fared.

if i delete the .dat file, will it delete my user settings and keybindings?