Launcher not opening

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to log-in but for some reason the gw2 launcher is not opening. Now and then it will show the message 'connection error(s) detected... retrying' but I have internet connection and everything else that requires connection is working.

Is anyone else having the same issue? What could the problem be?

Thank you.

@starlove.9281 said:

@Tiilimon.6094 said:Yep, OS rollback doesn't seem to work either.

Wonder if it's only the 3 of us who got this problem, very strange.

We are 4 now, i got the same issues, also I send a support ticket, but I didn't roll back and I don't want to do it. I uninstall the game and it doesn't let me reinstall it for now.

Let's hope this gets fixed soon, whatever it is :/

@TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

@Tiilimon.6094 said:Yep, OS rollback doesn't seem to work either.

Wonder if it's only the 3 of us who got this problem, very strange.

We are 4 now, i got the same issues, also I send a support ticket, but I didn't roll back and I don't want to do it. I uninstall the game and it doesn't let me reinstall it for now.

Let's hope this gets fixed soon, whatever it is :/

Yes because I just return since a week now, I level up a thief to 80 and I enjoy doing thing again in Tyria :(

I had the same problem today ,the solution i found after digging thru forums comes from Healix.5819 and it works.Open a command prompt (search , type cmd ,right click run as admin) and enter following(you can copy&paste):nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Copy one of the addresses (it changes every few days and there are usually 2) for my region its currently52.206.178.33

Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. In notepad, open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the bottom, add the following line, substituting the current IP you found:52.206.178.33 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Save it(don't forget to run notepad as admin,otherwise it won't save) and launch GW2. Remember to remove the line when you're done(i never did still works). This advice is from Healix.5819 and it works,i used it twice before in the past(after digging thru today i came across and remembered his posts ) and also helps with stuck downloading update and so on so forth.

@"roughneck.8936" said:I had the same problem today ,the solution i found after digging thru forums comes from Healix.5819 and it works.Open a command prompt (search , type cmd ,right click run as admin) and enter following(you can copy&paste):nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Copy one of the addresses (it changes every few days and there are usually 2) for my region its currently52.206.178.33

Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. In notepad, open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the bottom, add the following line, substituting the current IP you found:52.206.178.33 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Save it(don't forget to run notepad as admin,otherwise it won't save) and launch GW2. Remember to remove the line when you're done(i never did still works). This advice is from Healix.5819 and it works,i used it twice before in the past(after digging thru today i came across and remembered his posts ) and also helps with stuck downloading update and so on so forth.

Thanks for the info! I have a few questions, though.

1- We add "nslookup ..." right next to C:\Windows\system32> or below that, in another line?2- What's your region? I'm wondering if that address will work for me (Portugal) And where do we find the "right" address?