Baubles to go into Material Storage

@Trippletz.1963 said:Im sure its been said, its not a bug, but can we have Baubles to be added into Material Storage?

there are a fixed anmunt of slots in the material storage so they are very hesistant on what they put in there nowdays.

I mean he black lion garden plot flowers dont even got 4 spots for the primer flowers so not a chance this currency you can trade in ratasum for things will get a spot mate.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It may be because accounts can not access the Wallet inside SAB.

Or that they can, and that would contradict having to purchase larger purses, or whatever they are called, for SAB play.

If its that you cant access wallet inside SAB one fix could be that its still a physical item until you right click consume all when outside of sab.

Not sure why the idea is made to be something more complex then it is lol. Material storage goes up to 2000 per material. Add another slot for Baubles, its not that complicated dude lol. Just because a game doesnt have something doesnt mean it can't be re-coded and implemented. Still not sure why this topic is being negated in the way it is, just making a suggestion

Also, even though the post you linked from a prior discussion of this topic points out the fact that SaB has character based progress, that should affect baubles because baubles are account bound

@"Trippletz.1963" said:Not sure why the idea is made to be something more complex then it is lol. Material storage goes up to 2000 per material. Add another slot for Baubles, its not that complicated dude lol. Just because a game doesnt have something doesnt mean it can't be re-coded and implemented. Still not sure why this topic is being negated in the way it is, just making a suggestion

Also, even though the post you linked from a prior discussion of this topic points out the fact that SaB has character based progress, that should affect baubles because baubles are account bound

Well I guess you really wanted me to drag it up here you go.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Additions-to-Material-Storage/page/1#post6614118

Editwell I can say I totaly forgot this

No SAB Baubles and Bubble Baubles. I spoke with the SAB designers and this is a technical limitation with how that stuff all works in SAB.

• 1 month later...

@Linken.6345 said:Well you do remember me saying there is not infinite spots in the material storage right?

Not sure where you are getting this. You could maybe argue that from a user experience point of view, it makes sense to be careful about what you add to material storage so as not to clutter that storage space. It's already big though, and that (potential?) issue is already mitigated with automatic organization and grouping.

In my opinion this is either about user experience, or a lack of resources to make a low priority change like this happen. Easy to say you want this, but hard to pitch the idea to the decision makers when it's not that big a deal for most people. Even harder when an accumulation of this kind of stuff actually pushes players towards bank tab purchases...

In other words, there is no reason they couldn't add baubles to material storage if they were willing to invest enough time, but there are probably a lot of things that the ArenaNet teams would like to see change. And those changes are inevitably going to be prioritized. This is probably just low on the list, if it's even on their radar.

@York.5361 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Well you do remember me saying there is not infinite spots in the material storage right?

Not sure where you are getting this. You could maybe argue that from a user experience point of view, it makes sense to be careful about what you add to material storage so as not to clutter that storage space. It's already big though, and that (potential?) issue is already mitigated with automatic organization and grouping.

In my opinion this is either about user experience, or a lack of resources to make a low priority change like this happen. Easy to say you want this, but hard to pitch the idea to the decision makers when it's not that big a deal for most people. Even harder when an accumulation of this kind of stuff actually pushes players towards bank tab purchases...

In other words, there is no reason they couldn't add baubles to material storage if they were willing to invest enough time, but there are probably a lot of things that the ArenaNet teams would like to see change. And those changes are inevitably going to be prioritized. This is probably just low on the list, if it's even on their radar.

Did you miss the post directly before yours?

Or are you suggesting the Devs don't understand the limitations of their own game?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Did you miss the post directly before yours?

Or are you suggesting the Devs don't understand the limitations of their own game?

No... to both questions...

My point was that there are competing priorities when it comes to implementing changes to the game.

I want baubles stored in my bank too, it's why I found this thread. I'm sure plenty of ArenaNet devs feel the same way. But there are also practical reasons why this has not happened. Spending time on one feature means time taken away from another. Work has to be prioritized.

I think it would be better for them to automatically go into the wallet and add a transfer option to make them physical items for forge crafting stuff.Continue coins etc should also go in the wallet.

That way they would be easily accessible across multiple characters without having to transfer items between them.