When is the next Living World chapter planned to be released? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

When is the next Living World chapter planned to be released?

When is the next Living World chapter planned to be released?

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

Comments

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    When is the next Living World chapter planned to be released?

    I suspect November 24th, 2020, given the achievement Confer with Bangar ends two weeks prior.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    November according to todays announcement. Although epsidoes are gone and we have chapters now

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    November according to todays announcement. Although epsidoes are gone and we have chapters now

    Wonder if there will be new maps... will have to wait and see from the trailer.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    November according to todays announcement. Although epsidoes are gone and we have chapters now

    Wonder if there will be new maps... will have to wait and see from the trailer.

    If this is a continuation of the saga then we’ll see a new map with the next episode chapter.

  • Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    November according to todays announcement. Although epsidoes are gone and we have chapters now

    Wonder if there will be new maps... will have to wait and see from the trailer.

    If this is a continuation of the saga then we’ll see a new map with the next episode chapter.

    Yeah wonder if it’s going to be in smaller chunks then before.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2020

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Tyson.5160 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    November according to todays announcement. Although epsidoes are gone and we have chapters now

    Wonder if there will be new maps... will have to wait and see from the trailer.

    If this is a continuation of the saga then we’ll see a new map with the next episode chapter.

    Yeah wonder if it’s going to be in smaller chunks then before.

    The cadence they’re showing is the same cadence that they advertised for the four episodes so far.

    We’ll likely continue to get half a map with each release along with enough grindy achievements as if it were a full episode from LS3 or LS4.

    The story will likely still be minimal with a full instance at the beginning of the “chapter”, filler in between having us to map events, and then a final story instance.

  • They said the champions release will begin at the 17th of November

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    We’ll likely continue to get half a map with each release along with enough grindy achievements as if it were a full episode from LS3 or LS4.

    I wouldn't be surprised if we actually get one fourth of a new map with each chapter, as champions is divided into four parts.

  • No new maps at all, just invasions in existing ones.

    (that's what it sounds like anyway, and fits with the theme of an MMO company focusing on other things...ie Steam and the expansion)

  • Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭

    @Nazarick.9653 said:
    No new maps at all, just invasions in existing ones.

    I wouldn't be too surprised, I still hope there will be more than just invasions. In the original LS5 trailer centaurs were suggested to be kind of important, they surely won't just drop half of their planned-out storyline midway through? I hope?

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2020

    @Fenella.2634 said:

    @Nazarick.9653 said:
    No new maps at all, just invasions in existing ones.

    I wouldn't be too surprised, I still hope there will be more than just invasions. In the original LS5 trailer centaurs were suggested to be kind of important, they surely won't just drop half of their planned-out storyline midway through? I hope?

    Seeing the disappointed towards Season 5 and how people felt about the lack of a third expansion (which Arenanet was against developing at that time), I would actually be surprised if Champions will not feel as rushed and underdeveloped as episodes 2, 3 and 4.

    After all, most of their resources should be devoted to what many players actually want: the next expansion