The Icebrood Saga: Champions - [Merged] - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

The Icebrood Saga: Champions - [Merged]

Comments

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2020

About the confusion regarding the naming/numbering:

Thus far every episode has been two chapters. We've had two episodes this season, divided into four chapters total, plus a prologue and vision. Each episode had a shared story between the two chapters and a shared map, with a little variation.

The announcement seems to mean that we'll be getting one more episode consisting of four chapters instead of two episodes of two chapters each, indicating it'll all be set on a single, colossal map that they'll expand in fourths, and tell a story twice as long as normal.

So that would mean we're going to a very significant place in northern Tyria.

The title also seems to suggest the story will be centered around Ryland and Braham, champions of the Charr and Norn.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 22 charas, 16k hours, 28k AP | ♀♥♀
    Mains Mariyuuna/Auramancer(PvE) & Terakura/Healbreaker(WvW) aka Henge of Denravi Silver Invader [SUKI]
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2020

Seasons, Episodes, Saga's, Prologue's, Visions, Chapters, it has all become so messy.

• So this is all good and exciting. I really only have one question... where on that road-map does the Legendary Equipment and Templates release sit?

• Sylum.1806Sylum.1806 Member ✭✭
    edited October 28, 2020

"The Icebrood Saga: Champions is a multichapter Living World finale..."
    So 1 episode worth of content split into 4 parts spread over the course of more than half a year?

"...featuring new story, repeatable gameplay content, rewards, achievements, and masteries."
    So no Strikes then? Because if new Strikes were under repeatable gameplay content, there'd be no reason to not make a big mention out of it right? So yet another content format abandoned in the name of experimentation?

"This timeline is independent of our announcement and release plans for Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons..."
    So now that there's a new expac in the pipeline, I guess we can expect to have no more "expansion-level content" to be released in Icebrood Saga?

(1:30:51. Time stamp doesn't work with the embedding here) "We've not forgotten about World Restructuring. We're really excited to talk about that in the coming months." - Jason Reynolds, Aug 30, 2019. Pretty interesting definition of "coming months".

No mention of Visions of the Past, Alliances or Legendary Armory. Real exciting road map.

Living World Season 2: 8 episodes. July 1, 2014 to January 13, 2015. 7 months.
    Living World Season 3: 6 episodes. Jul 26, 2016 to Jul 25, 2017. 12 months.
    Living World Season 4: 6 episodes. November 28, 2017 to May 14, 2019. 18 months
    Icebrood Saga: 1 Prologue, 4 Episodes, plus 4 Chapters. September 17, 2019 to May 2021. 18 months.

My only hope is that the 4 Chapters added up amounts to more content than a standard Episode. And even then, it would be a marginal improvement over the productivity of Season 4.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

Chapters? what are they?.. how will they differ from episodes?.. or are they just a renamed stand in for episodes?
    Are chapters just one giant Episode broken up into several smaller ones?
    Is chapter 1 coming before or at the same times as the voice work for the last two episodes?
    What happened to more Visions of the Past content?
    Did Drooburt finally get enough candy this year to start his new afterlife?

It's nice to have these road maps, specially the bit about the voice work patch and when we can expect it, which has been the biggest thing on my list since those episodes came out.
    But this one begs a few questions.. I see the comments here and am right there with people wondering what's so different about these Chapters.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nexxus.5347 said:
    Disappointing announcement. Look Portals open in Tyria. Look newest enemies exit portal. Look we kill the enemies with allies. Look portal closed.

If that's all you got and there are no new maps, I'm taking a break until the expansion. Ross we are on a break! no Gems for you.

I would be surprised if there wasn't at least one new map. Though this thread will probably ramble on for 7 pages. FRONT AND BACK!

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• @Underdark.3726 said:
    So no more strike missions? pity.

It doesn't say that your just putting words into the blog post clearly they wanted to talk about the new things in the chapter that haven't been in GW2 before like the response missions and the faction system how about waiting for the chapter 1 trailer. Also strikes would fall under replayable gameplay content so its like bundled with that.

• @Pifil.5193 said:
    Hmm, cynically, I wonder if this means no new maps for the rest of the saga and some wave defense missions scattered throughout core Tyria, with some sign fixing style content added every week or two.

Time will tell, of course, but I'm a little wary of this apparent change of direction.

I just hope that the new rewards and weapon sets they mention aren't just there as hard gold and material sinks.

I highly doubt that after doing a new map every release since season 2 or parts of maps every release. They clearly wanted to focus on the new aspects of the Icebrood Saga such as the response missions and the faction system. Lets wait for the trailer for chapter 1.

• No raids, no strikes...

I hope they are split up for a good reason. Let's see what we'll get...

• Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭

@NotTooFoolish.7412 said:
    No raids, no strikes...

Strikes have never been mentioned in the roadmaps.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hannelore.8153 said:
    About the confusion regarding the naming/numbering:

Thus far every episode has been two chapters. We've had two episodes this season, divided into four chapters total, plus a prologue and vision. Each episode had a shared story between the two chapters and a shared map, with a little variation.

The announcement seems to mean that we'll be getting one more episode consisting of four chapters instead of two episodes of two chapters each, indicating it'll all be set on a single, colossal map that they'll expand in fourths, and tell a story twice as long as normal.

So that would mean we're going to a very significant place in northern Tyria.

The title also seems to suggest the story will be centered around Ryland and Braham, champions of the Charr and Norn.

Much of this is assumptions tho, lile we dont know if we will get a mapwith this and how large its gonna be, the event speaks for enemies apearing all over the palce so it could just be the pre launch hot events.a

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2020

Starts the 17th november? The day of my birthbay? Better be good. Big words, promising. But I will not sell the skin of the norn before playing that content.

About how it is presented, it's messy. You have season, with episodes sub-divised into chapters? Dunno frankly. Can't judge currently. Because it's just name. No real big hints about plot or maps.

So gonna wait my bday, play that first chapter and then tell what I think. But the icebrood saga had good spikes and deceptions, ondulating like a wave. The prologue, bjora east and drizzle south were positive with interesting story and metas whereas bjora west and drizzle north were the worst maps I ever experienced (well not as bad as kourna but not far). So I'm expecting a lot for that first chapter and not reused world boss or copy pasted same event everywhere. Something that shake the habits, not only capture and hold events.

That announcement panel does have blue and red colors, but it is still to refer to bangar/legions/blood legion and jormag. I will not be fooled thinking we will see depths of Tyria, Dwarves and Primordius, but if so it would be a great surprise.

Truce - Power - Balance - Judgement
    Trying truce with Bangar. Jormag wanting more power. Primordius joins the game and balance it. It is time to judge if we can continue to slaughter dragon or try to live with them.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2020

Am I the only person wondering why they said "dragon minions" instead of "Jormag minions"?

Speculative question: does this perhaps suggest a second dragon (i.e. Primordus, the antithesis of Jormag) will be an active part of this part of the story? And also perhaps a part of the (presumed/eventual) Jormag solution?

EDIT: Ooops, I just read the post above me :-)

• archmagus.7249archmagus.7249 Member ✭✭✭

They've put out a road map for all the way out to mid-summer for content. They haven't even mentioned a balance patch, and we're well over due for one, with the last one being July 7th (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/109335/game-update-notes-july-7-2020#latest).

• Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭

Just a minor correction:
    The latest 'balance' was done on the 13th October, however this is not what I'd call a balance patch at all, as its failed to hit the key issues that have been said over and over again for the last year.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/116445/game-update-notes-october-13-2020

This balance patch I almost missed as I didnt even notice what they had changed. We have had the most static meta for a long time now, where are the big changes? the changes that make people rethink their play style every time for PvP, changes that keep the mode feeling fresh than the current stale moldy air.

I really thought we were going to get a balance patch around this time, due to the time that has lapses with almost no real changes. (Also please learn that just number tweaks of skills does not fix some outright broken mechanics, some changes do also need to be the animation/skill timing/order of skill (Brutal shot, shoot > dodge (sometimes fails to shoot if the target walks into them, or just doesnt dodge.))

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@archmagus.7249 said:
    They've put out a road map for all the way out to mid-summer for content. They haven't even mentioned a balance patch, and we're well over due for one, with the last one being July 7th (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/109335/game-update-notes-july-7-2020#latest).

Because there isn't one, and wont be anything new till the expansion. PvP and WvW are in maintenance mode, they dont care about us and want this game to be single-player open world PvE content with the occasional world boss. Note that the word "Soloable" is in the road-map quite a bit.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

It does specifically say it's a roadmap for Living World and Festival releases only

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

It's been a while since the last significant patch yes and we're long over due one but that roadmap is only for The Story and Festivals.
    My Guess is they aren't sure on the release dates on other content so decided to just do a roadmap with the things they are most confident in arriving on time.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:

Because there isn't one, and wont be anything new till the expansion. PvP and WvW are in maintenance mode, they dont care about us and want this game to be single-player open world PvE content with the occasional world boss. Note that the word "Soloable" is in the road-map quite a bit.

And somehow it's been like this for 5 years and people still play it.

Oh wait, because there are a bunch of changes over the years.

Of course open/living world content is going to be soloable, if you try to take that as an indicator the game is dying or that they are catering to certain people, no. Just more of the same.

The game is dying, lol. But I mean sure objectivity is objectivity; Deed in my eyes and a meme of a game unworthy of its success because it "tried" to be different and then returned to the mold in which it came. But then I mean... some of the games like fallout 76 have technically succeeded… so perhaps its an issue of taste, preference and the acceptance of mediocre games that has led us to where the gaming industry can be as lazy as it is.

All of the changes, you reference? What the ones at HoT? Since then it hasn't changed besides the warclaw.... and well that got nerfed into oblivion. Maps are abandoned, no one plays an MMO to play single player when TONS of single player story driven games exist that put this one to shame. But Different strokes for different folks I Guess~

• archmagus.7249archmagus.7249 Member ✭✭✭

@Smoosh.2718 said:
    Just a minor correction:
    The latest 'balance' was done on the 13th October, however this is not what I'd call a balance patch at all, as its failed to hit the key issues that have been said over and over again for the last year.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/116445/game-update-notes-october-13-2020

This balance patch I almost missed as I didnt even notice what they had changed. We have had the most static meta for a long time now, where are the big changes? the changes that make people rethink their play style every time for PvP, changes that keep the mode feeling fresh than the current stale moldy air.

I really thought we were going to get a balance patch around this time, due to the time that has lapses with almost no real changes. (Also please learn that just number tweaks of skills does not fix some outright broken mechanics, some changes do also need to be the animation/skill timing/order of skill (Brutal shot, shoot > dodge (sometimes fails to shoot if the target walks into them, or just doesnt dodge.))

Technically those were all skill splits, adjusting coefficients.

What I'm taking about with the balance patch is where skills/traits are reworked; where they tell us what they are thinking when they are making the changes and going forward.

• Smoosh.2718Smoosh.2718 Member ✭✭✭

@archmagus.7249 said:

Technically those were all skill splits, adjusting coefficients.

What I'm taking about with the balance patch is where skills/traits are reworked; where they tell us what they are thinking when they are making the changes and going forward.

Anet believes this is what a balance patch is. To them, they fulfilled their promise of balance.

• They need to nerf chrono out of meta

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:
    Just because a balance patch doesn't touch on what one might think is important doesn't mean that a balance patch was not released.

There were no PvE changes last patch. We are about 4 months since the last patch for PvE. Is the balance team on 6 month vacation?

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@otto.5684 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:
    Just because a balance patch doesn't touch on what one might think is important doesn't mean that a balance patch was not released.

There were no PvE changes last patch. We are about 4 months since the last patch for PvE. Is the balance team on 6 month vacation?

No. It's a similar case again. Just because they aren't doing what you want doesn't mean they aren't doing anything at all.

It's very likely the case they are working on elite specs and there's no point needlessly accruing technical debt for the sake of change.

There's also potential to see a patch with changes that "don't make sense"/"dart board" before the expansion like we did with both HoT and PoF, but once it's out everything makes a lot more sense.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2020

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:
    They need to nerf chrono out of meta

Why stop at chrono? Just nerf everything into the ground, that would surely help.[/sarcasm]

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@otto.5684 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

No. It's a similar case again. Just because they aren't doing what you want doesn't mean they aren't doing anything at all.

It's very likely the case they are working on elite specs and there's no point needlessly accruing technical debt for the sake of change.

There's also potential to see a patch with changes that "don't make sense"/"dart board" before the expansion like we did with both HoT and PoF, but once it's out everything makes a lot more sense.

This is assuming that the balance is currently perfect, which it is not. It is not bad, but assuming there does need to be changes is flat out false.

A balance Patch every 3 month is now demanding? And of course Anet does not have to do what I( or any other player want. But I also do not have have to buy gems for money or buy the expansion. It is a give and take relationship. Since PoF release, I decided l that beside expansion base price, Anet does not deserve my money, because their level of effort to maintain the game and produce high quality content is mediocre.

Of course this is an opinion, and opinions will vary. But it is not a far stretch to say that satisfaction in Anet performance has dropped in the last 2 years, across the player base. It is not abysmal, but also not good. Just... mediocre.

• I'm assuming they're still working on it since they basically gutted entire trait lines by making some traits be 300s CD which means they probably have to come up with all new traits which means that PVE/PVP/WVW all need to talk to each other.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:

Its said once in that text blurb.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-icebrood-saga-champions/

Each chapter of The Icebrood Saga: Champions introduces new Dragon Response Missions, which can be tackled solo or in a group of up to five players.

• @Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:

Of course open/living world content is going to be soloable, if you try to take that as an indicator the game is dying or that they are catering to certain people, no. Just more of the same.

The game is dying, lol. But I mean sure objectivity is objectivity; Deed in my eyes and a meme of a game unworthy of its success because it "tried" to be different and then returned to the mold in which it came. But then I mean... some of the games like fallout 76 have technically succeeded… so perhaps its an issue of taste, preference and the acceptance of mediocre games that has led us to where the gaming industry can be as lazy as it is.

All of the changes, you reference? What the ones at HoT? Since then it hasn't changed besides the warclaw.... and well that got nerfed into oblivion. Maps are abandoned, no one plays an MMO to play single player when TONS of single player story driven games exist that put this one to shame. But Different strokes for different folks I Guess~

No one plays? No one? Wonder what all those other players I see each day in any map I visit are doing here.

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2020

I will not hit on stuff that has been mentioned over and over already. Instead let us take a look on the other things ...

The Icebrood Saga‘s conclusion will be felt throughout Tyria—even across the seas.

Across the seas means Elona? The gateway south of Fields of Ruin is still shut and may not be used ever at all. So Elona is still only reachable across the seas. This sounds a little unlikely, because the LW is normally tied to a special territory. During LW3 and LW4 we did not set a foot back into the Heart of Maguuma at all. So why change this in Icebrood Saga: Champions (IBSC)? The Ring of Fire is also across the sea, but I doubt they would link active LW story to an old and abandoned story-chapter of a former living world season.

Replayable Dragon Response Missions

Dragon minion incursions have thrown once-peaceful lands into chaos, and there’s no predicting where the next attack will erupt.

Each chapter of The Icebrood Saga: Champions introduces new Dragon Response Missions, which can be tackled solo or in a group of up to five players. In these encounters, you’ll head to invasion points to shore up defenses and protect the area from rampaging dragon minions. Work together with allied reinforcements to neutralize powerful dragon champions—the ultimate threat at the heart of the assaults.

"there is no predicting where the next attack will erupt"
    /doubt
    If it is a 'random' event like the portal-invasions of Scarlet and Joko, there will be a timer-schedule in no time. Random spawn-times are a fun concept, but in this game, there always is a rule and a schedule. I would even go further and assume a prediction-device as we had it for the Ley Anomaly, either accessible via NPC interaction or Gemstore (similar to the Worldboss portal device).

If that content is instanced, what "can be tackled solo or in a group of up to five players" implies, they may be accessible via EoTN. If that is the case, they may have to rework the interface of the Scrying Pool. Or they use another NPC, probably an Asura Gate which operates similar to the Fractal Portal in Lion's Arch (just without a lobby).

Befriending Allied Factions

Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction. When dragon minion attacks multiply, you’ll find more envoys making their way to the Eye of the North.

During global faction mobilization events, players can pitch in to train, rally, and build trust with factions both familiar and unlikely. You’ll be rewarded for your efforts, and your allies will begin randomly appearing in Dragon Response Missions to lend their special strengths to the fight.

"global faction mobilization events"
    Sounds like the open-world events we know from other Living World. We might figure out a schedule for those as well. I wonder how they intend to realize "your allies will begin randomly appearing in Dragon Response Missions." Maybe we get a global-progression system, similar to the community-events. One progress bar/step for each faction. Once the community filled it, that faction will appear in certain Dragon Response Missions (suitable to the region) as allies.

Another option would be to make them account-bound, which would be a bit weird to make. If a character in your party has a full affection bar to a certain faction, they will spawn one additional member of that faction into the zone. But this would be a mess, buggy and probably even cause crashes. I hope this will not be the case.

Achievements, Masteries, and Rewards

As you play The Icebrood Saga: Champions, unlock the Dragon Slayer Mastery track to boost your abilities in Dragon Response Missions and purchase weapon recipes and more from friendly faction vendors. Complete achievements and collections to earn valuable materials, Mastery points, and unique rewards.

Dragon Slayer Mastery = Dragon response Missions and purchase recipes from faction vendors.
    This goes towards the "lore" masteries we know from HoT? Improving the affection/trust, granting access to special vendors. Maybe we can also unlock special features/attacks/buffs during the instanced encounters in the instances via the Mastery.

• Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:
    Across the seas means Elona? The gateway south of Fields of Ruin is still shut and may not be used ever at all. So Elona is still only reachable across the seas. This sounds a little unlikely, because the LW is normally tied to a special territory. During LW3 and LW4 we did not set a foot back into the Heart of Maguuma at all. So why change this in Icebrood Saga: Champions (IBSC)? The Ring of Fire is also across the sea, but I doubt they would link active LW story to an old and abandoned story-chapter of a former living world season.

No, it means Cantha, since that is where we are going after Icebrood Saga is over. Elona is not across the sea, its connected by land.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@archmagus.7249 said:

No one plays? No one? Wonder what all those other players I see each day in any map I visit are doing here.

We're all actually bots who have broken our programming and are running amok!

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• I've said it once and I'll say it again there is no known logical correlation between creating Strike Missions and them magically creating motivation to try Raids. That's like saying "because I tried this new coffee this morning I might decide to call my parents today...." A better use of resources would have been to make the Raids tierd diffulty like fractals: T1 "the famed storymode", Tier2 "Storymode+", Tier3 "Normal raid difficulty", Tier4 "challenge mode." HOW and WHY this has been prevented is beyond me but makes sense since they still don't have a Game Director since Mike Z left a year ago with no announcement or replacement.

• @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

No raids, no strikes...

Strikes have never been mentioned in the roadmaps.

Might be the case, never been focused on strikes so much... they just don't serve their intended purpose (bringing people to raids). They are a bit of extra loot, so I do them from time to time. You know what does bring people to raids? Training guilds sharing their experience (not the ones starting static groups from 50+ Dhuum kp).

We could use another raid wing though, we are starting to run out of content to play... there's always a grind towards legendaries or some cool infusions, that's not challenging and fun. Bringing different difficulty levels to choose from, might bring more ppl to raids than Strikes ever could (it's like adding a new pve map, hoping that more ppl start playing wvw... yes I'm referring to the newest addition, they are nothing alike). Not sure if tiered system could work here like it does for fractals (there the rewards are similar, some items are just a bit more rare on lower tiers), but e.g. story instance and regular one with CM available similar to Dungeon could help a bit.

Besides not all raid encounters are "Largos wrecking a whole party with one hit" or "Dhuum throwing you to the other side of the room if you stand at an awkward angle"... There are some pretty easy ones to start with...

• blp.3489blp.3489 Member ✭✭✭

(it's like adding a new pve map, hoping that more ppl start playing wvw... yes I'm referring to the newest addition, they are nothing alike).

I have no idea if the intention behind the south map of Drizzlewood Coast was to attract players to wvw, but I do think that it did succeed in bringing a few of the enjoyable dynamics from wvw to pve, at least to some extent.

Separate from that, one of the things I liked about south Drizzlewood was that there were a lot of NPCs that were similar to players in their abilities (type of attacks/skills not level of ability). I think it would be great if more NPCs were more like player characters, and with improved AI rather than just having more HP, stronger attacks, and more complicated mechanics. If the "elite" npcs switched to other attacks when their seige weapon gets destroyed, if they try to run away when they are losing, stuff like that. In some cases even just raising the frequency of their skill uses would make them more challenging, many of them only attack every few seconds. I suspect that to a great extent you could adjust the level of the npc purely with their speed. I read somewhere on the forums that when HoT first launched it had more intelligent enemies, but they had to scale them down because they were "too difficult" for many players. If that's true it's a shame they can't put them back in somewhere that won't interfere with players who just want to complete the story or get their hero points.

I didn't enjoy the north side of the Drizzlewood map as much, it seemed like just mindless zerging. I wish the meta in the south would continue to some extent while north was going on.

Besides not all raid encounters are "Largos wrecking a whole party with one hit" or "Dhuum throwing you to the other side of the room if you stand at an awkward angle"... There are some pretty easy ones to start with...

Is there a list somewhere that ranks the raids in approximate order of difficulty?

• NotTooFoolish.7412NotTooFoolish.7412 Member ✭✭
    edited November 1, 2020

@blp.3489 said:
    I have no idea if the intention behind the south map of Drizzlewood Coast was to attract players to wvw, but I do think that it did succeed in bringing a few of the enjoyable dynamics from wvw to pve, at least to some extent.

Don't get me wrong. I like the map bringing something a bit different to PvE. It's also good in keeping people doing meta for a bit longer -> best rewards at the end of each of the 2 parts. Once ppl get stuck in that chain they usually finish the map =)

@blp.3489 said:
    Is there a list somewhere that ranks the raids in approximate order of difficulty?

Ppl shared some lists in the old forums. I'd say the following should be fine for beginners: Escort, MO, Cairn, Samarog, Gorseval, VG. Those have quite simple mechanics and shouldn't be much of an issue when ran with pugs. That would be W1-W4.

From the new wings (W5-W7) CA, Adina, River and Statues would be the easiest. I wouldn't recommend them as a start point...

Some of the bosses need very specific roles to be filled ;)

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2020

@blp.3489 said:

Quite a lot, i believe. The problem is that they all are different. And i'm not talking about small differences there - while a few of the bosses can be relatively safely placed on one or the other edge of the chart (Specifically i doubt there's a lot of disagreement about Dhuum, Cairn and Mursat Overseeer), everything else is highly subjective, and the relative "difficulty level" can significantly vary from group to group depending on stuff like experience, team setup, overall skill, and personal strengths/weaknesses.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@blp.3489 said:

Quite a lot, i believe. The problem is that they all are different. And i'm not talking about small differences there - while a few of the bosses can be relatively safely placed on one or the other edge of the chart (Specifically i doubt there's a lot of disagreement about Dhuum, Cairn and Mursat Overseeer), everything else is highly subjective, and the relative "difficulty level" can significantly vary from group to group depending on stuff like experience, team setup, overall skill, and personal strengths/weaknesses.

I wish they were only 5 people instead of 10. 10 can be difficult to get cohesion in a group, and also to get people to stay. This is one thing that makes me interested in the 5 man missions.

It is written on the roadmap. BUT please don't forget to keep updating the super adventure box. Really, would really enjoy at least a zone or two this year, even if the world isn't complete. Also think to bring back keto's lab and the genie story arc, it hadn't been available since 2014.

->NEW Asurapedia

edited November 12, 2020

Also there is a thing that bother me A LOT: Rata novus has been explored in HoT, one of the island commander against the mouth of mordremoth was a rata novan golem and were major allies having a line with their names. Draconis Mons have them to secure vaults, but no point for them staying here: even several of them have been kidnapped and brought to invariant enclave in sandswept after the inquest stole any artifact or data from zinn vault.
    But the most important thing, the research lab of rata novus was referencing researchs about destroyers, even having samples in vials. That research lab have been visited by ALL the councilors of rata sum even Phlunt. But SOMEHOW no news since. I mean nobody bringing back to rata sum datas and those lost technologies? Why no rata novan golems walking around rata sum? No fluorite data crystals brought back? THIS IS A BIG STORY PLOT HOLE, obvious especially now, after you decided to bring back Primordius. When I see those "veterran classic golems" in eye of the north but not in rata sum: EXPLAIN, cause mechanist ninn with them and he was in rata sum.
    Councillors know about the data and bringing golems in rata sum for examination? After all this time, no way they haven't discovered taimi lab (big dragon face drawn on the door) nor that the monitors of the main room speaking of destroyers (they are even showing a destroyer scheme with their texture). Even the worst skritt would figure by looking at the ceilling that there is another room in the back of the main one. Last record i think is PoF where you hear phlunt if you try to call in the lab. And more recently, you can see the rata novans golems helping during awakened invasions: Do they spawn from nowhere? Really?

PS / EDIT: In the second part, there is a shot in Arcan council with Taimi - Gorrik - Phlunt - Zudo.
    And it tickle me, Yahk, surely know that Gorrik is a defector for the Inquest, they have recording. And so I kinda expect a clash between councillor Yahk and Gorrik, or even a death sentence mence or punishments. Seeing that in personnal story, they menaced the commander (the snaff savant) of blowing up the whole lab to recover an artifact...

->NEW Asurapedia

• i skipped all the comments just to ask, since all the destroyers are coming out, does that mean all the dwarfs/dwarves died or that we will be seeing them again?

\ - Combat Healer -/
    \ _ Casual Player _/
    \ Fake Mentor /

@jishi.7568 said:
    i skipped all the comments just to ask, since all the destroyers are coming out, does that mean all the dwarfs/dwarves died or that we will be seeing them again?

What the trailer for latest living world episode and you will have your answer.

• Currently Masters - Great Champion (3 in turn) not available? The progress bar does not go, you need to purchase a level 2 stone, but the vendor does not have it. Wait 6 days?

edited November 25, 2020

The DSM have no replay value, will become another forgotten content. Disapointed with the story.

->NEW Asurapedia

• ok ok ok here's my only question. Is that all for this chapter? Totally cool if it is, but it feels like something should come after the bonus event. I'm mostly just confused because the trailer made it seem that we would at least have the Crystal Bloom AND the Ebon Vanguard this chapter, and there's an achievement for buying Ebon Vanguard support boxes. I don't know if that means that content is for the next update and just slipped through the cracks, or if that's part of this update but coming later.

I'm genuinely happy with the content already, it's really really good! i just am a little bit confused because I thought something else was coming after the countdown but it doesn't look like that's the case.

• jishi.7568jishi.7568 Member ✭✭
    edited November 26, 2020

@Linken.6345 said:

@jishi.7568 said:
    i skipped all the comments just to ask, since all the destroyers are coming out, does that mean all the dwarfs/dwarves died or that we will be seeing them again?

What the trailer for latest living world episode and you will have your answer.

Thanks for the info 🤓👍 and as a side note...
    THE DWARVES ARE COMING !!!

\ - Combat Healer -/
    \ _ Casual Player _/
    \ Fake Mentor /

@coollizzylou.9387 said:
    ok ok ok here's my only question. Is that all for this chapter? Totally cool if it is, but it feels like something should come after the bonus event. I'm mostly just confused because the trailer made it seem that we would at least have the Crystal Bloom AND the Ebon Vanguard this chapter, and there's an achievement for buying Ebon Vanguard support boxes. I don't know if that means that content is for the next update and just slipped through the cracks, or if that's part of this update but coming later.

I'm genuinely happy with the content already, it's really really good! i just am a little bit confused because I thought something else was coming after the countdown but it doesn't look like that's the case.

Cobalt Flame.8056 ArenaNet › November 25, 2020 Accepted Answer

We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/118955/so-that-countdown-was-not-for-the-next-part-of-champions-part-1-to-drop/p1