removing consumables from fotms dump? - [Merged]

tonny.7580

i mean it was finnaaly make people to open world and now there making this chance WTF realyupcoming notsThe existence of consumables that equip players with high control skills creates an unintended play pattern involving combat with the inventory panel open. It's our goal that encounters with substantial defiance bars be addressed by build changes rather than reliance on consumables, and for this reason we are disabling several items in dungeon and fractal content. The following consumable items are no longer usable in dungeons or fractals:

Metal RodPower MatrixRockWooden PlankSentinel RifleTermite Shovel

I don't understand why every second patch always has some stupid unwanted content change like this. It really does ruin my excitement about any game patches.Who asked for this? I don't think anet can even clear their own content so why do they feel the need to mess it up for the rest of us? Why do you have consumable items in this game when you just make all of them completely useless? I mean honestly the game is already cluttered by completely useless items so why destroy the use of the very few ones that weren't?I honestly wish anet would spend more time fixing content that's actually broken instead of breaking stuff that isn't

worst update this year by far.Anet really dont want us to have fun.

In dungeons you have more people who dont know what their cc skills is or how to use them.

In fractals its great to use consumables in case some people dont use their cc skills or is on cooldown. its been so helpful for years and by simply removing them will just make it more annoying overall.And to be fair, fractal cms have way too high cc bar to begin with. should at least balance it out a bit more since they simply removed all consumables.

Just relax. Anet finally burned dungeons out. But it's really sadly that developers digging grave for their own game. Oh, wait a minute. Game already turned to something like this: you can press 1 - you win. Just press 1 that's all. No interesting content, no hard content, no revards in fotms/raids/dungeouns at all. Just press 1 and be polite to people who can't press 1

We used the bundles long before the farmers even recognized their existance. We have been mocked for playing with useless toys. Then someone actually decided to listen to us and tested it. The bundles worked as we said. But when we continued about to use them wisely, the person already left. The ultimate weapon was discovered!

But as with every trick we discovered over the years, instead of using the stuff wisely and only in emergencies, they decided to make it a standard. Using the bundles in every situation that required CC. Why limiting the use of the I-Win-Button?

The fix was inevitable. It has been a great time, the bundles still work in Open World and some Instances. In addition we have received the United Legions Waystation, which feels like being locked in a toy-store as a 6yo ^^. Big thanks for this amazing toy!

The farmers will discover another exploit soon again, they always do. They will milk it like a dairy cow until it gets fixed. Then the cycle repeats.

an unintended play patternReally ? Ppl have been using these items for years in dungeons and fractals and Anet only see it now ? Dungeons have been forgotten for years and now they remove usefull tools for ppl who like to solo them ? What's the point ?

Why do you remove features ppl like ? If the cc is too easy, just make bigger bars for the new ones like you did for the new fractal 100 CM. No need to punish players trying to optimise things using the tools at their disposal. I hope you at least fixed all the bugs introduced into dungeons years after years without a single fix. (Alphard anyone ?). Same for fractal 99, 2nd boss after halloween patch : we should not use cc cons but you removed the second cc phase...

What's wrong with you and this fucking dumb update Anet ?

@Scavarius.6059 said:yes, completely useless now, no use in any other content at all. the game is DEEEEED!srsly, why do ppl even care about some items that border at novelty. this change does nothing to the average fractal party, and dungeons are laughable easy with the powercreep.

Yeah because those items are SO USEFUL outside of the content they're useful in

@Blocki.4931 said:They literally said they were going to change the scaling/breakbars for that content these items were used in, how can you cry about it???

How about they change it first before messing everything up then? It's kinda irrelevant what they may or may not do in the future. They haven'twith this very patch where they somehow thought it was necessary to do it.Further - No actually they didn't say they were gonna adjust the scaling.They just said players are gonna have to rely on their skills to do cc and not consumables

@"Blocki.4931" said:They literally said they were going to change the scaling/breakbars for that content these items were used in, how can you cry about it???

Where? Was it in one of the other languages because it's not in the English notes. The English notes are:

"The existence of consumables that equip players with high control skills creates an unintended play pattern involving combat with the inventory panel open. It's our goal that encounters with substantial defiance bars be addressed by build changes rather than reliance on consumables, and for this reason we are disabling several items in dungeon and fractal content. The following consumable items are no longer usable in dungeons or fractals:"

@Galmac.4680 said:I bet the majority never even used that things in dungeons or fractals and don't care. Even didn't think about that they could use that there...

But then why was it removed (I mean, I know why it was removed)If most people weren't interested, why put work into something that doesn't hurt anyone?That is something I will never understand about Anet ...

@Fuchslein.8639 said:

@"Galmac.4680" said:I bet the majority never even used that things in dungeons or fractals and don't care. Even didn't think about that they could use that there...

But then why was it removed (I mean, I know why it was removed)If most people weren't interested, why put work into something that doesn't hurt anyone?That is something I will never understand about Anet ...

I would think that some metric deep in Anet saw how it might have been abused to allow for faster dungeon runs and more loot per hour or somesuch. There had to be an internal reason. Otherwise, how would this have shown up on their radar as an issue worth "fixing"?

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Galmac.4680" said:I bet the majority never even used that things in dungeons or fractals and don't care. Even didn't think about that they could use that there...

I would think that some metric deep in Anet saw how it might have been abused to allow for faster dungeon runs and more loot per hour or somesuch. There had to be an internal reason. Otherwise, how would this have shown up on their radar as an issue worth "fixing"?

To warn and/or ban the people who clearly abused this was of course too exhausting for anet :/.