Inventory Buttons - [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Inventory Buttons - [Merged]

Nidome.1365Nidome.1365 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 27, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Please leave deposit all on the menu - by all means add your button but put it back on the menu as well.

<1345

Comments

• If fixing this issue will take time PLEASE revert to how it was until it's fixed.

• mezuzel.4987mezuzel.4987 Member ✭✭✭

@Gryphon.2875 said:
    Who even uses the compact function?

Like @Katsugankz.7156 said, I always use the deposit and compact options together. I'm very happy with this update - less clicking for me.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

I asked years ago to move the "Kick from guild" to the bottom away from the "Send mail" which is right above it. Never happened other than me kicking a guild member twice because of cursor alignment, lol.

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• keenedge.9675keenedge.9675 Member ✭✭✭

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    I'd like a "hide compact button" option added as well. I've already hit it a dozen times.

SUPER agreed. It's a bane to almost all ...

Moral Statute Machine: John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gryphon.2875 said:
    Who even uses the compact function?

Everytime I open the bag. Open bags within bags within boxes within bags. Breakdown stuff, deposit all, compact all. Close inventory.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

• synk.6907synk.6907 Member ✭✭
    edited October 27, 2020

Since the headstart weekend in 2012 when I began playing, I think I've used 'compact inventory" a total of 2 times, both by accident. For me, as an individual, it is a useless feature. However, I imagine those who use it may be happy to see it given a quicker access, just as I am with the deposit materials.

I applaud the UI team providing quicker access to these buttons, but please allow players to toggle both of these -- if toggled on, the individual button is presented next to the cog wheel, like in today's update; if off, they remain in the cog wheel menu. Or maybe the toggle only controls the additional buttons, and keep them in the menu as before regardless (I find myself, out of habit, going into the menu looking for the deposit option a lot so far!).

UI changes are great -- especially since I think this is one many folks have wanted for a while? -- but providing options for users with varying preferences is even greater.

have fun and be excellent to one another

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Topalai.4789 said:
    +1, let us get rid of that compact button that just messes up the inventory.
    Or at least put is somewhere where we can't accidentally click it.

Having options to move, hide are fine. Outright removing would be a terrible idea for those using it.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

to add, add a space between the option menu and the search bar.
    at times i click to fast by accident but ones the search bar is clicked it can't be undone unless i close my inventory and open it again.

the truth is harsh, my opinions are too.

• @Katsugankz.7156 said:
    I've been playing since launch and I always use the two buttons together, so this is an incredibly welcome change to me.
    Ya'll probably should get an option to remove the compact button, but don't try and frame it as if everyone plays how you do.

I like the new buttons quite a bit. For the sake of all non-compactors though the button(s) should be toggle-able.
    Or all the options of the cog could be transformed to toggle-able Icons. Just activate the ones you need & want. (What? A lass can dream, right? :D)

• CalamityO.2890CalamityO.2890 Member ✭✭✭

It isn't that bad. Just requires memory muscle.

• Sandzibar.5134Sandzibar.5134 Member ✭✭✭

oh goody.. now i get to show/hide rarity rather than store anything thanks to 8 years of muscle memory and a UI you just arbitrarily decided to make a "change" to.

+100000 on the remove compact all button.

if you lot are running out of things to do theres an entire WvW game mode that needs dev time.

• I like it, saves time when I'm in the field and realize I haven't taken care of my inventory for a while. Nice changes.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2020

You guys don't use invisible bags for the stuff you want to manage? Why?

This is a welcome addition, but I'm certainly not opposed to making it an option.

[edit] And shouldn't you then use invisible bags for everything?

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tiscan.8345 said:

I can life with the "Deposit All" button being where it is right now but seriously - [give us the option to] get rid of that kitten "Compact" button. It's at the worst possible location.

Fixed that for ya. You're welcome.

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Finally found time to log in and look at this. Like several others, I greatly appreciated when the Compact button was moved away from the Deposit All button in the menu list. With the change, I find that both options are much more convenient. For me, though, rather than opting to remove one or both of the buttons, I would be satisfied with just giving them a bit more space between them to make it less likely for me to click the wrong one. /shrug

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• SexyMofo.8923SexyMofo.8923 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2020

Compact button is the worst button in the game. Players who even use this button are psychos.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2020

I liked storing materials being part of the list in the cog-menu.
    I'd like compact and storing materials being back in there.

This was a terrible and unneeded change.

• I wish Anet hadn't wasted time with this change.

I'm also saddened that they force feed these options on us. Leave the prior methods alone and offer this new way as an option.

Give us a way to hide, remove or disable the compact option.