Icebrood Saga: Champions — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Icebrood Saga: Champions

Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

Given the text in the preview it sounds like we will be battling destroyers, seems that the Jormag’s enemy will likely be Primordus.

“An earth shattering finale”. Sounds like Primordus.

“ Dragon minion incursions have thrown once-peaceful lands into chaos, and there’s no predicting where the next attack will erupt.”

Erupting? Sounds like Primordus and Destroyers.

“Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction.”

Sounds like destroyers and Primordus again.

Comments

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The only thing I could gleam was that we are probably getting invasion events across Tyria - something which has been done to death in the game and risks making the core map messy.

    I hope we are getting big new maps in Shiverpeaks zones though. I want meaty Norn/Kodan lore and to explore more mountain ranges, tundras, glaciers etc

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Disappointing announcement. Look Portals open in Tyria. Look newest enemies exit portal. Look we kill the enemies with allies. Look portal closed.

    If that's all you got and there are no new maps, I'm taking a break until the expansion. Ross we are on a break! no Gems for you.

  • @Nexxus.5347 said:
    Disappointing announcement. Look Portals open in Tyria. Look newest enemies exit portal. Look we kill the enemies with allies. Look portal closed.

    If that's all you got and there are no new maps, I'm taking a break until the expansion. Ross we are on a break! no Gems for you.

    Well from the past they usally announced where we are going in the trailer. We get a look at the landscape some enemies ext. We also get the information about what is different in this case the Dragon ambush mission.

    From the brief description it appears to be instanced similar to strike missions but we don't know enough about it yet. I'd reserve judgement until we get the trailer next week.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction.

    This could hint at them finally opening the Dominion of Winds and have us interact with the Tengu.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction.

    This could hint at them finally opening the Dominion of Winds and have us interact with the Tengu.

    Sounds like wow rep grinds if Im honest

  • Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

    And we will have to create a brand new weapon set for the meta achievement fight against dragons. At least it doesn't sound like another WvW-like-map. But portals everywhere could be happen.

    Praise Joko! And make necros great again!

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    where is thios annoucement?

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

  • Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction.

    This could hint at them finally opening the Dominion of Winds and have us interact with the Tengu.

    Sounds like wow rep grinds if Im honest

    Maybe, but that would require a whole new system for keeping track and building up reputation. I guess they could use the bonus event bar completion mechanic or the achievement system to keep track of something like that, but I don't think it will be as grindy as wow's reputations.

    May be something more similar to the Heart of Thorns Itzel mastery where you just build exp, send a mastery point, and unlock another tier. Still not overly compelling but much faster than doing some tedious world quests or dailies. And it sounds like these reputations will be a lot less integrated into any kind of necessary progression and more for unique cosmetic items or something.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bast.7253 said:
    Maybe, but that would require a whole new system for keeping track and building up reputation. I guess they could use the bonus event bar completion mechanic or the achievement system to keep track of something like that, but I don't think it will be as grindy as wow's reputations.

    My guess is that it'll be like the Legion commendations in Drizzlewood.
    And to me, those felt almost as grindy as WoW reputations.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2020

    @ugrakarma.9416 said:
    where is thios annoucement?

    On the GW2 homepage

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-icebrood-saga-champions/

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Bast.7253 said:
    Maybe, but that would require a whole new system for keeping track and building up reputation. I guess they could use the bonus event bar completion mechanic or the achievement system to keep track of something like that, but I don't think it will be as grindy as wow's reputations.

    My guess is that it'll be like the Legion commendations in Drizzlewood.
    And to me, those felt almost as grindy as WoW reputations.

    Oh, true. I forgot about those honestly. You may be right about that.

    And if there aren't new maps and it's just "invasion" events then yeah, I imagine it will feel pretty grindy. Maximizing mobs, plus rng from commendations dropping, plus waiting on events to spawn. Having them tied to event completion would be even worse but that may be the direction they take. Hopefully we'll be able to progress from mob kill count though.

    At the very least, it's only cosmetic stuff it seems so if it's too grindy I imagine they'll just see a large reduction in player activity until the expansion. Which won't be good for their budget and gem sales.

  • Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction.

    This could hint at them finally opening the Dominion of Winds and have us interact with the Tengu.

    Sounds like wow rep grinds if Im honest

    Sounds like allied races to me.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2020

    @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Just because the teleport scroll has those slots doesn't mean Arenanet is going to fill them.

    This has never happened with any of the other portal tomes.

    Just because it didn't happen before, doesn't mean it'll never happen in the future.

    They might have scrapped story segments and maps to finish Season 5 as quick as possible so they can dedicate all development resources to the expansion.

  • Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Just because it didn't happen before, doesn't mean it'll never happen in the future.

    They might have scrapped story segments and maps to finish Season 5 as quick as possible so they can dedicate all development resources to the expansion.

    Except there just so happens to be 4 slots left in the portal tome, and 4 release left in Icebrood Saga

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2020

    @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Just because it didn't happen before, doesn't mean it'll never happen in the future.

    They might have scrapped story segments and maps to finish Season 5 as quick as possible so they can dedicate all development resources to the expansion.

    Except there just so happens to be 4 slots left in the portal tome, and 4 release left in Icebrood Saga

    Just because there will be four Champions episodes, doesn't mean we get four more maps.
    They might keep on with two episodes sharing one map, resulting in two more maps.
    Or they could just release a single map, so each Champions episode gives us one fourth of said map.
    MAYBE they won't even release any more maps during the season at all.

  • Sajuuk Khar.1509Sajuuk Khar.1509 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Just because there will be four Champions episodes, doesn't mean we get four more maps.
    They might keep on with two episodes sharing one map, resulting in two more maps.
    Or they could just release a single map, so each Champions episode gives us one fourth of said map.
    MAYBE they won't even release any more maps during the season at all.

    No one said we would be getting four new maps.

    Each section of Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood has its own portal scroll for the tome, but you can only put one in the tome. Bjora's east scroll puts you at Jora's keep, while Bjora's west scroll puts you on the western side of the mountains the slip the map. Drizlewood's south scroll puts you at the Legion camp, while Drilewood's north scroll puts you are the north hidden base.

    By this same metric most weren't expecting 4 new maps, only two.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bast.7253 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Tyria is full of people with different loyalties and priorities, but everyone is at risk from an enemy driven only by destruction.

    This could hint at them finally opening the Dominion of Winds and have us interact with the Tengu.

    Sounds like wow rep grinds if Im honest

    Maybe, but that would require a whole new system for keeping track and building up reputation. I guess they could use the bonus event bar completion mechanic or the achievement system to keep track of something like that, but I don't think it will be as grindy as wow's reputations.

    May be something more similar to the Heart of Thorns Itzel mastery where you just build exp, send a mastery point, and unlock another tier. Still not overly compelling but much faster than doing some tedious world quests or dailies. And it sounds like these reputations will be a lot less integrated into any kind of necessary progression and more for unique cosmetic items or something.

    We kinda already have a similar system with the charr commendations in the map we got atm

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2020

    @Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Just because there will be four Champions episodes, doesn't mean we get four more maps.
    They might keep on with two episodes sharing one map, resulting in two more maps.
    Or they could just release a single map, so each Champions episode gives us one fourth of said map.
    MAYBE they won't even release any more maps during the season at all.

    No one said we would be getting four new maps.

    Each section of Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood has its own portal scroll for the tome, but you can only put one in the tome. Bjora's east scroll puts you at Jora's keep, while Bjora's west scroll puts you on the western side of the mountains the slip the map. Drizlewood's south scroll puts you at the Legion camp, while Drilewood's north scroll puts you are the north hidden base.

    By this same metric most weren't expecting 4 new maps, only two.

    OK I'm a bit confused. The portal scrolls from the karma vendor east and west are identical for me and I can't see sep scrolls for west and for east. What am I missing?

    Oh nvm, I re-read and it says only one goes into the tome

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Hey Tyrian Fam I've been thinking about the roadmap. I think the idea of no new maps is comical as people are putting so much on Dragon aid missions. We don't know what or how they are to work yet. It could be they pop up randomly via ambushes or have designated areas to start via raids or strike missions.

    As to the title of part one truce or Armistice I think we are jumping to conclusions about it being a truce with the Frost Legion and Jormag.
    Thru out the run on the game their have been several hostile races who regardless of the threat of the dragons have been left on their own to cause havok for the players.

    They are the Centaurs, the Tengu, the Dredge, the Krait, and the Largos. Also the Inquest.

    I think we are going to be having a meeting with the heads of these races to try to come to a truce in order to end the threat of Jormag and Primordus. I can see the Commander try to speak to these races to end their current hostile nature and unite to stop the dragon minions from destroying their homes any longer.

    This makes more sense to me than trying to fight with an elder dragon who has already proven that they are out for themselves. I can see us convince the Tengu to help and possibly open up the Dominion of winds to us. Same with the Largos and their houses. Earning faction reputation for each race on a new map to prove we have the best intentions. This could lead to us having to deal with a race that that we don't like or they don't like us.

    If it's done this could be a fun way to tie up loose ends in the lore and the story from the previous releases.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jack Swiftclaw.9076 said:
    Hey Tyrian Fam I've been thinking about the roadmap. I think the idea of no new maps is comical as people are putting so much on Dragon aid missions. We don't know what or how they are to work yet. It could be they pop up randomly via ambushes or have designated areas to start via raids or strike missions.

    As to the title of part one truce or Armistice I think we are jumping to conclusions about it being a truce with the Frost Legion and Jormag.
    Thru out the run on the game their have been several hostile races who regardless of the threat of the dragons have been left on their own to cause havok for the players.

    They are the Centaurs, the Tengu, the Dredge, the Krait, and the Largos. Also the Inquest.

    I think we are going to be having a meeting with the heads of these races to try to come to a truce in order to end the threat of Jormag and Primordus. I can see the Commander try to speak to these races to end their current hostile nature and unite to stop the dragon minions from destroying their homes any longer.

    This makes more sense to me than trying to fight with an elder dragon who has already proven that they are out for themselves. I can see us convince the Tengu to help and possibly open up the Dominion of winds to us. Same with the Largos and their houses. Earning faction reputation for each race on a new map to prove we have the best intentions. This could lead to us having to deal with a race that that we don't like or they don't like us.

    If it's done this could be a fun way to tie up loose ends in the lore and the story from the previous releases.

    Dident it say dragon aid missions was 1-5 players so then that imply its instanced since otherwise people could zerg it.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Jack Swiftclaw.9076 said:
    Hey Tyrian Fam I've been thinking about the roadmap. I think the idea of no new maps is comical as people are putting so much on Dragon aid missions. We don't know what or how they are to work yet. It could be they pop up randomly via ambushes or have designated areas to start via raids or strike missions.

    As to the title of part one truce or Armistice I think we are jumping to conclusions about it being a truce with the Frost Legion and Jormag.
    Thru out the run on the game their have been several hostile races who regardless of the threat of the dragons have been left on their own to cause havok for the players.

    They are the Centaurs, the Tengu, the Dredge, the Krait, and the Largos. Also the Inquest.

    I think we are going to be having a meeting with the heads of these races to try to come to a truce in order to end the threat of Jormag and Primordus. I can see the Commander try to speak to these races to end their current hostile nature and unite to stop the dragon minions from destroying their homes any longer.

    This makes more sense to me than trying to fight with an elder dragon who has already proven that they are out for themselves. I can see us convince the Tengu to help and possibly open up the Dominion of winds to us. Same with the Largos and their houses. Earning faction reputation for each race on a new map to prove we have the best intentions. This could lead to us having to deal with a race that that we don't like or they don't like us.

    If it's done this could be a fun way to tie up loose ends in the lore and the story from the previous releases.

    Dident it say dragon aid missions was 1-5 players so then that imply its instanced since otherwise people could zerg it.

    Maybe it's going to be a variation of Bounties.
    It spawns like a normal bounty, but only the one who took the mission and their group can fight it.
    Others can only watch the fight.

  • @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Jack Swiftclaw.9076 said:
    Hey Tyrian Fam I've been thinking about the roadmap. I think the idea of no new maps is comical as people are putting so much on Dragon aid missions. We don't know what or how they are to work yet. It could be they pop up randomly via ambushes or have designated areas to start via raids or strike missions.

    As to the title of part one truce or Armistice I think we are jumping to conclusions about it being a truce with the Frost Legion and Jormag.
    Thru out the run on the game their have been several hostile races who regardless of the threat of the dragons have been left on their own to cause havok for the players.

    They are the Centaurs, the Tengu, the Dredge, the Krait, and the Largos. Also the Inquest.

    I think we are going to be having a meeting with the heads of these races to try to come to a truce in order to end the threat of Jormag and Primordus. I can see the Commander try to speak to these races to end their current hostile nature and unite to stop the dragon minions from destroying their homes any longer.

    This makes more sense to me than trying to fight with an elder dragon who has already proven that they are out for themselves. I can see us convince the Tengu to help and possibly open up the Dominion of winds to us. Same with the Largos and their houses. Earning faction reputation for each race on a new map to prove we have the best intentions. This could lead to us having to deal with a race that that we don't like or they don't like us.

    If it's done this could be a fun way to tie up loose ends in the lore and the story from the previous releases.

    Dident it say dragon aid missions was 1-5 players so then that imply its instanced since otherwise people could zerg it.

    Maybe it's going to be a variation of Bounties.
    It spawns like a normal bounty, but only the one who took the mission and their group can fight it.
    Others can only watch the fight.

    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?

    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2020

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?

  • Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think an instance that is scaleable for different party sizes is most likely, but we'll probably have to wait for a more detailed announcement on how this will work next week to confirm if it's instances or not.

  • PseudoNewb.5468PseudoNewb.5468 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2020

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?

    Anet previously dabbled in instanced followers (that don't really do anything) running on a shared map. In (what could be part of an MVP) the follower looks like something else to and is still targetable by other players. Perhaps they have developed a system of fully segregated instanced player/party specific entities running on the same map shard where the player specific entities (enemies) are only shown and interactable to the intended players. In the future this tech could allow normally instanced content to be started by 'phasing' the player into it without pulling the player into a different server. Depending on the existing backend, such new tech could cut down on server overhead into the future.

  • Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @PseudoNewb.5468 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?

    Anet previously dabbled in instanced followers (that don't really do anything) running on a shared map. In (what could be part of an MVP) the follower looks like something else to and is still targetable by other players. Perhaps they have developed a system of fully segregated instanced player/party specific entities running on the same map shard where the player specific entities (enemies) are only shown and interactable to the intended players. In the future this tech could allow normally instanced content to be started by 'phasing' the player into it without pulling the player into a different server. Depending on the existing backend, such new tech could cut down on server overhead into the future.

    In an odd turn of events we see followers with ai that's eerily similar to the rampant bots in pvp. :lol: I mean, that would be a bit more useful than Braham throwing up a dome every 20 seconds.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bast.7253 said:

    @PseudoNewb.5468 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?

    Anet previously dabbled in instanced followers (that don't really do anything) running on a shared map. In (what could be part of an MVP) the follower looks like something else to and is still targetable by other players. Perhaps they have developed a system of fully segregated instanced player/party specific entities running on the same map shard where the player specific entities (enemies) are only shown and interactable to the intended players. In the future this tech could allow normally instanced content to be started by 'phasing' the player into it without pulling the player into a different server. Depending on the existing backend, such new tech could cut down on server overhead into the future.

    In an odd turn of events we see followers with ai that's eerily similar to the rampant bots in pvp. :lol: I mean, that would be a bit more useful than Braham throwing up a dome every 20 seconds.

    Well the AI used to be better but anet nerfed it since they wanted players to do the story not the Npc companions.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?
    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?

    It's less about inventing new technology and more about replicating things already possible in other games.
    For example, Thanatos in FF14's Labyrinth of the Ancient uses such technology.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?
    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?

    It's less about inventing new technology and more about replicating things already possible in other games.
    For example, Thanatos in FF14's Labyrinth of the Ancient uses such technology.

    Yes in another game with a totally different engine.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?
    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?

    It's less about inventing new technology and more about replicating things already possible in other games.
    For example, Thanatos in FF14's Labyrinth of the Ancient uses such technology.

    Yes in another game with a totally different engine.

    It shouldn't be all too difficult to give a boss a buff that requires a certain debuff to hurt him.
    And it should not be all to difficult to apply that debuff only to the group that wants to kill the enemy.

    There is also this one phase shiftied boss in Arah that can only be hurt by phase shifted players.
    Arenanet could apply a variant of that.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?
    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Thenme.6491 said:
    and how would you prevent others from fighting it?
    the best Arena Net have managed thus far is to let everyone who already entered fight keeping others outside, but no entering limitation

    They could simply flag that enemy as invulnerable for other players,
    Or they could make it invulnerable to everyone without a certain buff and only let the one party have that buff.

    So invent new tech when a 1-5 instance they already have nailed down work fine?

    It's less about inventing new technology and more about replicating things already possible in other games.
    For example, Thanatos in FF14's Labyrinth of the Ancient uses such technology.

    Yes in another game with a totally different engine.

    It shouldn't be all too difficult to give a boss a buff that requires a certain debuff to hurt him.
    And it should not be all to difficult to apply that debuff only to the group that wants to kill the enemy.

    There is also this one phase shiftied boss in Arah that can only be hurt by phase shifted players.
    Arenanet could apply a variant of that.

    There is also this, thing they have about people waiting to have fun.

    Wouldent be very fun to watch other people fight the boss would it?

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:
    Wouldent be very fun to watch other people fight the boss would it?

    Noone is forcing you to watch them fight it.

    You can always do something else.

  • Matt H.6142Matt H.6142 Member ✭✭✭

    Here post go-live, I really enjoyed this update. Voice acting has revived Drizzlewood for me, that it might be one of my favorite maps now.
    I like the instances in older map areas. That Brisban wildlands location was a great one to visit, because that destroyer area was always a bit novel. And Ascalon Settlement definitely needed a revisit. The Soren Draa one didn't really balance the voice acting and the combat nearly as well though.
    I am hitting a point where new weapons aren't the reward I need, as every toon is kitted out already, so it'll only be new elite specs that'll have me regearing. Bring on EOD!