WvW crashes from picking up banners — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

WvW crashes from picking up banners

Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

We have finally achieved banner balance, where people get kicked off the map whenever someone picks up any banner in wvw! REJOICE!
Seriously, the game is unplayable. Tactics reset also after the update (and crash)

Comments

• just got 4 disconnects without picking stuff up

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

This is golden

[NUKE]

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Same, i got DC also on EBG without picking up banners or anything. I heard from streamer that it was only on ebg the DC-s.

• Almost getting constant Disconnects now, time to do something else.

https://twitch.tv/crimson13neon/
    Cyberpunk is coming out before Alliances.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

So the new WvW patch we got......wait....checks release notes......wait........ok, sure, that makes sense.

Next time don't use the rocks that you got from the loot bags to..........ok, sure.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

• funghetto.1584funghetto.1584 Member ✭✭
    edited October 27, 2020

hello anet! check your patch seeing that randomly we get kicked out of wvw and resets everything! ty! and sorry even to say, those things happens always in wvw.... don't happen often those bugs in pve regards!

• Melian.5368Melian.5368 Member ✭✭✭

It's not random disconnects. When someone picks up a banner, everyone on that map disconnects. Tested it, works.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Best thing is to remove them from wvw forever. It's the only way to be sure...

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2020

The entire map crashed up using an EWP, and in general, everyone just randomly crashes.

As of today, the newest tactic is to actually pull any active tactic, which causes a crash and the entire map to reset. So I guess this is a new feature ?

• my guild mate tells me of this bug... so i check the patch notes and.... surprise... they destroy wvw while don't patch nothing... i rename the icon on my desktop in Bug Wars 2 so i'm prepared when i play it... xd

• Crashes every 20sec ..........unplayable .......

• Lets just wait for a response... oh wait nvm

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's the new alliance system. Someone drop a banner so we can reroll teams....how about this one. Nope missing these guilds on map, next banner, go. That's better, ok no more banners till the [ALTF4] guild is on later.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/Civ6/CU/AoC/NW

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    Ten DCs in 15 minutes. GG.

Who tries playing that many times rofl. Go outside.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• DCs seem a bit weird, sometimes some server would keep the upgrades in the towers/keeps, some others also those get reset.
    For me its gucci, nice video content to promote the game mode :)

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lepanto.1827 said:
    my guild mate tells me of this bug... so i check the patch notes and.... surprise... they destroy wvw while don't patch nothing... i rename the icon on my desktop in Bug Wars 2 so i'm prepared when i play it... xd

Glitch Wars 2, tyvm...

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

• Imagine that your TV is broken, you call the repair guy and comes to your place. He does it, charges you and when he leaves, you realize that somehow the oven is broken, the toilet spills water and the door has fallen from the frame

Pretty much the same in WvW right now XD. I wish this was a joke though, can't be that you mess up that much not on purpose

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

thats almost as good as being a ranger and not able to pvp lol

• Jaidy.1824Jaidy.1824 Member ✭✭✭

GJ Anet, another worthless patch.

• ppet.4620ppet.4620 Member ✭✭

how to stop a blob invasion, pick up a banner!

• Our home border just crashed like 4 times. But what is worst that we lost all tactics everywhere and all supplies in keeps went from 1100 down to 500.

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ill be honest, thats the most fun Ive had in WvW in YEARS

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons
    25.02.2020 edit - Nevermind, now I spam only 29 skill-buttons

• I am in Ehmry Bay with Henge of Denravi, and this has been happening ever since that new patch came in. Now it's just a bunch of people pulling banners to save towers from being taken or trolls pulling them. We have had AT LEAST 15 DCs as a server, this is insane. We have banners deactivated in some areas but people still pull em.

This is just insane lol

• This is the brilliant fresh anti-cluster-rally-boon-condi-blob-META-counter... MAD... mutually assured destruction... hehehehe

Got the hump with an OP build, group or zerg. Pull one of these levers and you are golden.... The ultimate stuff-you! Why didn't you think of this before?

We love you anet! ;P

• Melian.5368Melian.5368 Member ✭✭✭

How come ANet doesn't revert the update as soon as a mess up this big is detected. How

• I just thought. Can you add a mushroom cloud animation when it all goes belly-up? That would be awesome...

• Because at this point, there is nothing that guarantees that they even know this is happening

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@aspirine.6852 said:
    I heard from streamer that it was only on ebg the DC-s.

No, its not only ebg. Got around 10 DCs on EBG, switched then to blue border and was DCed before I even was able to run to the spawn camp.

Only good thing: After each map-reset/DC you can farm the synthesizers again, if you are fast.

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• SexyMofo.8923SexyMofo.8923 Member ✭✭✭

DCs and Rollbacks. Don’t play until the garbage is fixed.

• ANET , please can you fix ? Continous crashes , totally unplayable

• and no rollbacks please

• Bump...same

• DC'ing even outside of Wvw every 10 - 15 minutes. Ridiculous.

Deso since 2012. Elementalist for life.
    [EXG][TAG]

• same I have now had 5 DC's in a matter of minutes. Instead of worrying about new expansion packs how bout you fix the bugs this game already has such as your bottom of basement amazon cloud servers

• Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

I want all my gold back for scribing tactics. JC Anet Fix It

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    Ten DCs in 15 minutes. GG.

Who tries playing that many times rofl. Go outside.

???

@MarzAttakz.9608 said:
    DC'ing even outside of Wvw every 10 - 15 minutes. Ridiculous.

Oh? I hope it has been fixed with the latest hotfix.

• This a terrible change to the WvW game play serially Anet as a 8 year player u really need to change this back especially when a world is out numbered all it has is to rely on banners it will also decrease the guilds from upgrading the towers and keeps totally the wrong thing to do choice to use it is taken away . Well as a seasoned player i think this is a terrible decision but if u could let me know the reasoning behind your decision please TRY AND ENLIGHTEN ME

• breaking WVW terrible up grade

• shock u need to use "," and "." in your sentences, really hard to read.
    also wrong, the outnumbered faction just got bombed usually with 3-4 dragonbanners at once. i've seen that way more often than i'd wanted to. even if they bring sixty people against our 20-25, some people always bring the dragonbanners into play.

u may criticize that the recent nerf on banner damage was not good, because they would be fine at full power since regionbound. but the overall change was pretty good.