Guardian New Elite Spec Idea

GWStunnerz.9507

Now I know itll be a long long time before next set of elite specs since PoF is almost here but I once came up with idea for more fun dps elite spec for Guardian before now I wrote up a bit more detailed version. I know Dragon Hunter is a dps spec for Guardian but its very boring imo because its mostly just trap spamming. Anyway the spec. Warning: Lots of edge

Guardian Elite Specialization:

AVENGERLore/Background Etc: Giving up and losing all their faith in others, only having faith in themselves, they tap into a new power gaining access to more dark yet stronger abilities including a dark weapon named Karaken (Idk name suggestions would be cool lol). Dropping their shields they once used to protect their allies now pick up a 2nd sword."

Class Desc: Guardians become Avengers replacing their virtues with their own desires and gain access to Stance skills. Avengers pick up a 2nd sword for offhand.

Profession MechanicDESIRES-Desire of Revenge-Passive: Burn foes every few attacks.Activate: Conjure up the dark GS Karaken to purge those who stand in your way. (Duration 8 Seconds) Reactivate: Release your GS inflicting blindness and poison to all nearby enemies. CD: 45 Seconds(Dark Greatsword Abilities)[1] Exposing Slash: Strike your foe applying vulnerability[1] Chain 2: Rend: Strike you foe applying vulnerability[1] Chain 3: Sever: Strike your foe twice applying vulnerability first hit and Weakness 2nd[2] Bond Severer: Spin striking all enemies around you knocking them back CD: 4 Seconds[3] Dark Pursuit: Rush towards your target striking them granting yourself swiftness (Similar to Warrior GS 5) CD: 8 Seconds[4] Symbol of Revenge: Create a symbol on the ground which applies vulnerability to enemies and burn and poison foes that walk in and out CD: 6 Seconds[5] Submit: Swing your great sword creating a wave of dark energy damaging foes and dazing those facing you. (Similar to Mesmer GS 5 in terms of Range) CD: 8 Seconds

-Desire of Selflessness-Passive: Regenerate healthActivate: Gain Regen and Heal for 10% of damage done. Next 4 attacks are unblockable. CD: 30 Seconds

-Desire of Retribution-Passive: Grants Aegis every few secondsActivate: Grant Aegis. Retaliation, and Protection to you and those around. Reduce Damage taken by 10% for next 5 Seconds

Weapon: Off-hand Sword[4] Symbol of Retribution: Slice your sword across the ground creating a symbol in front of you which damages and slows/weakens enemies. (Similar to Revs offhand sword 4 recast in terms of range) CD: 10 Seconds[5] Blade of Regret: Throw your sword at your foe impaling them causing burning - Recast Time 3 Seconds CD: 6 Seconds[5] Recast: Shadowstep to foe striking them CD: 10 Seconds

Utilities: StancesHeal Skill: Stance: Perseverance: Heal Small Amount gaining Protection and attacks siphon life for next 5 Seconds (Stacks with Desire of Selflessness) CD: 20 Seconds [2 Charges]Utility 1: Stance: Pity: Attacks apply cripple and weakness for next 3 Seconds CD: 20 Seconds [2 Charges]Utility 2: Stance: Determination: Grants yourself aegis and break stun CD: 30 Seconds [2 Charges]Utility 3: Stance: Vengeance: Shadowstep to your foe immobilizing them CD: 45 Seconds [2 Charges]Utility 4: Stance: Burning Desire: Applying Burning and Vulnerability to those around you in intervals CD: 30 Sec [1 Charge]Elite: Stance: No Equal: Grant yourself superspeed and quickness applying burning on attacks for 8 Seconds CD: 75 Seconds

I havent made up Traits yet but def would put a 25% passive movement speed in there somewhere hahaThanks for reading, I play Guardian with Sword mainhand but Im not a fan of any of the offhands so so came up with this hope others like it. Bit edgy but w/e haha

This is actually a pretty neat concept. As a guard main i would love the idea of an off hand sword and a more selfish/dark guardian. TBH firebrand looks a little lacking and i might just have to shelf my guard until xpac 3...maybe they might read this and get a few ideas for that one :3

@lothefallen.7081 said:seems like it would feel more like a Revenant than a Guardian. Also, utilities, skills, and traits considered, this spec would be very unbalanced.

Revenants get their powers from channeling past legends, as Guardians get their power from faith in their allies, so I feel powers from a selfish source closest would be flipping the guardian, Revenant I would only work if they channeled a selfish legend etc even then doesnt make the actual revenant selfish as for unbalanced it might be pretty strong in gap closing but tbh the elite doesnt have much defenses it mostly relies on attacking for survivability, but if attacked first or running the class would be very vulnerable. ;)

@Fig.8257 said:This is actually a pretty neat concept. As a guard main i would love the idea of an off hand sword and a more selfish/dark guardian. TBH firebrand looks a little lacking and i might just have to shelf my guard until xpac 3...maybe they might read this and get a few ideas for that one :3

Same I love guardian but I prefer power so firebrand kinda cuts me short since its mostly condi based. Ill still continue playing my guardian but I prob wont enjoy it as much as others are enjoying their new elite specs :) Engineers cheering in the distance

What up Stunnerz, it's Earsy.

Strange that you brought this up because I was thinking the other day that it would be nice to have a sword/sword Guardian. Only thing I would change here is that I'd like to change the new skill type to something other than Stances. The reason is that with Stances, we won't get any cool animations haha. We would just get some small burst of light animation with our boons.

Maybe we should take some inspiration from Necromancers, who do well at being selfish. We could take a variation of Corruption skills, where we could pull off a powerful attack or get powerful boons, in exchange for having to suffer conditions after the good effects have ended.

Something like we can steal life from other players with our attacks for a limited time, and then after that we would gain Vulnerability

@Mountair.1420 said:What up Stunnerz, it's Earsy.

Strange that you brought this up because I was thinking the other day that it would be nice to have a sword/sword Guardian. Only thing I would change here is that I'd like to change the new skill type to something other than Stances. The reason is that with Stances, we won't get any cool animations haha. We would just get some small burst of light animation with our boons.

Maybe we should take some inspiration from Necromancers, who do well at being selfish. We could take a variation of Corruption skills, where we could pull off a powerful attack or get powerful boons, in exchange for having to suffer conditions after the good effects have ended.

Something like we can steal life from other players with our attacks for a limited time, and then after that we would gain Vulnerability

That would be cool too lol and stances get some animations if ya look at Weaver, they do spinning stuff and all but still not as much as other skills and hey haha saw your user in notifications and was like I think I know him

Archived