Two build comparisons, just looking for some input.

TwiceDead.1963

I am making two Quickness gimmick builds for PvE, trying to maximize damage on two builds I made, where the goal is to have 30-33% ish Boon Duration for more or less permanent Quickness uptime.

(Don't worry about the weapons, they are placeholders)Builds:Scholar Rune variant: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEhjlZwGZYMKWJOWXuveA-zRRYBRNpWFcoqULjwigWLAbHA-ePack Rune Variant: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEhjlZwGZYMKWJOWXuveA-zRRYBRNXFcQqlRYRQrFgaDA-e

The Scholar Rune variant has 200 less power and 10% less Precision, but 10% more Ferocity.The Pack Rune variant has 200 more power, and 10% more precision, but 10% less Ferocity.

I am going on a limb and assuming that because I only have about 50% Critical Chance on the Scholar variant that I will end up doing less damage with that, and that the 5% extra damage at full HP won't make up for the damage loss of less frequent critical hits. Pack Rune has the boon advantage as well, so I guess on average it will end up doing better both damage and survivability wise.

Scholar has them multipliers though, but I am not sure how much 10% extra Crit Damage and 5% Overall is going to matter when you lose 200 Power, especially when you sacrifice 10% Precision over it so you are looking at around 70-75% Crit Chance with Fury, which isn't always available.

1) For reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2vjoef/balancing_powerprecisionferocity_based_on_ep/

Look up your current crit chance and see if adding more Ferocity or Power increases DPS and go from there.

Basically you have a 70% or an 80% crit chance after Fury. So with those two builds the break even points on Power are 3220, and 3295. which you more than make up for with Might and Attacker's Insight. Adding either more Ferocity or more Precision on either build will increase its DPS more than adding more Power.

2) Use an OH Axe.

3) Try a Sigil of Agility as well.

Here is a max crit chance version of the Pack Runes one: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEhflJwGZcMKWJOWXmveA-zRRYBRNXFcQqFSYRQEpQrFgaTjAmBA-e

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:1) For reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2vjoef/balancing_powerprecisionferocity_based_on_ep/

Look up your current crit chance and see if adding more Ferocity or Power increases DPS and go from there.

Basically you have a 70% or an 80% crit chance after Fury. So with those two builds the break even points on Power are 3220, and 3295. which you more than make up for with Might and Attacker's Insight. Adding either more Ferocity or more Precision on either build will increase its DPS more than adding more Power.

2) Use an OH Axe.

Here is a max crit chance version of the Pack Runes one: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEhflJwGZcMKWJOWXmveA-zRRYBRNXFcQqFSYRQEpQrFgaTjAmBA-e

1. Wow, didn't know about this.
  1. Haha, I am. I just use placeholder weapons when I made this build.

2. I might, actually. It's a gimmick build all about Quickness so every second adds up.

That table is going to be really helpful for the future, thanks for sharing both that and the build you made, got some ideas out of it.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:1) For reference:

2) Use an OH Axe.

Here is a max crit chance version of the Pack Runes one:
  1. Wow, didn't know about this.
  1. Haha, I am. I just use placeholder weapons when I made this build.
  2. I might, actually. It's a gimmick build all about Quickness so every second adds up.

That table is going to be really helpful for the future, thanks for sharing both that and the build you made, got some ideas out of it.

Try Firebrand Runes and swap the Diviner's gear for Berserker's gear. Swap Heightened Focus for Axe Mastery.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Try Firebrand Runes and swap the Diviner's gear for Berserker's gear. Swap Heightened Focus for Axe Mastery.

I don't know man, the condition damage just seems wasted. Even though the 40% Quickness Duration is pretty sweet, it's not THAT different from 1/3rd increase in duration. Axe Mastery is really tempting and it would make up for the lacking ferocity, but I would be giving up a Quickness source for it, in exchange for a shorter cooldown on quickness from the axes. Don't quite know which would give me a higher up-time, on bosses it would probably be worth it.

Actually that's a really easy swap to just make on the fly while playing, so it's not a big deal. I'll definitely consider it, see which gives me better uptime.

@DeanBB.4268 said:If it's all about attack speed, perhaps replace Strength with Arms for Dual Wielding? That'd give you 20% increased attack speed normally, boosted to 50% for quickness. They don't stack.

I considered this, but because the goal is to have a high quickness uptime it just kind of seems like a waste. That additional 20% doesn't really add anything for most of the time, it could come in play when fighting champions or legendaries, but even then I struggle to make proper use out of the rest of the arms tree. It just seems too condition focused, which I consider a waste on something that's primarily a power build.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

I don't know man, the condition damage just seems wasted. Even though the 40% Quickness Duration is pretty sweet, it's not THAT different from 1/3rd increase in duration. Axe Mastery is really tempting and it would make up for the lacking ferocity, but I would be giving up a Quickness source for it, in exchange for a shorter cooldown on quickness from the axes. Don't quite know which would give me a higher up-time, on bosses it would probably be worth it.I know, but its more of which way to hit breakpoints, and if the increased duration allows you use a different sigil, food, utility, etc. It would allow you to drop Heightened Focus (remember it only kicks in with a target below 50%) and take Axe Mastery for better overall upkeep of the boon with Axe 4. Take the link I gave, swap Pack Runs for Firebrand runes. With Fury you still have 96% crit chance and Axe 4 has 9.5s CD with 6.5s of quickness. Coupled with S&M Style you have pretty much 100% upkeep of quickness just from Dagger 3 and Axe 4. This frees up a utility slot and your sigil slots. Max power of full might and AI stacks is still 3890 with food & utility buffs, so the DPS will still be there, more than enough to be honest.Actually that's a really easy swap to just make on the fly while playing, so it's not a big deal. I'll definitely consider it, see which gives me better uptime.Play around with it. There are several nice gems in the Rune options despite being none power focused that would still benefit a power build.

@DeanBB.4268 said:If it's all about attack speed, perhaps replace Strength with Arms for Dual Wielding? That'd give you 20% increased attack speed normally, boosted to 50% for quickness. They don't stack.

I considered this, but because the goal is to have a high quickness uptime it just kind of seems like a waste. That additional 20% doesn't really add anything for most of the time, it could come in play when fighting champions or legendaries, but even then I struggle to make proper use out of the rest of the arms tree. It just seems too condition focused, which I consider a waste on something that's primarily a power build.

If you go Arms as power do it as Mid/Mid/Any. I say any on the last as there is benefit on all three traits, 100% Crit on Burst, extra adrenaline on crit for more bursts, or an extra 20% attack speed. Honestly the extra 20% attack speed is wasted on a self quickness build. If you opt to keep Heightened Focus then Furious will greatly aid in adrenaline gain which would be my pick. For the other tiers Sundering Bursts will help with DPS on bosses, and Signet Mastery will give an extra 33.33% critical damage at max stacks. Unfortunately the stacks disappear if you mount up, that being said Signet Mastery is one of Warrior's best damage traits, the others being Berserker's Power, Bloody Roar, and Warrior's Cunning.