Ranger's +83% daze durations! Devs please nerf this...

With new 5v5 season, i found a guy who do dazes on me for 4 seconds, chaining them up to 10 seconds! Neither stability nor stun breaks helped there.It was soulbeast who used rock gazelle(pet's kick do 2 sec daze(increased)) and merging with pet it is 1 sec daze. Greatsword 5 "hilt bash" does 1,5 second base daze duration.Problems here are:

• hilt bash(greatsword 5)
  • Rock gazelle "kick" ability
  • "kick" ability when merged with pet-rock gazelle

So there is trait from marksmanship called "Moment of Clarity" which increases stun/daze durations by +50% ! And there is "Superior rune of Mesmer" which increases daze durations by +33%! Do the math all together and you will get permanent daze spam ranger with low cooldown and long durations and multiple sources to reapply if target "wastes" its stun break.So problems we found here are:

• Moment of Clarity (marksmanship trait)
  • Superior rune of Mesmer

What i also discovered is that Druid can be also problematic with this. Spells like:

• Glyph of Equality
  • Primal Echoes (Druid trait)
  • Lunar impact(astral form ability)

As we had removal of such thing on Mesmer "Domination trait" which increased duration of daze/stuns, ranger also needs a same treatment, this is very toxic for game.Crowd control is there to interupt important spells not to permanently disable enemy to use its spells! Things to get worse, ranger crit was around 8000 per hit, so he also one shoted me.Devs on february: "our goal is to remove damage on crowd control". Check such spells for ranger again and be sure to fully remove damage(including pet) OR reduce durations of daze/stun.

@"Svez Poizon XD.5268" said:With new 5v5 season, i found a guy who do dazes on me for 4 seconds, chaining them up to 10 seconds! Neither stability nor stun breaks helped there.It was soulbeast who used rock gazelle(pet's kick do 2 sec daze(increased)) and merging with pet it is 1 sec daze. Greatsword 5 "hilt bash" does 1,5 second base daze duration.Problems here are:

So there is trait from marksmanship called "Moment of Clarity" which increases stun/daze durations by +50% ! And there is "Superior rune of Mesmer" which increases daze durations by +33%! Do the math all together and you will get permanent daze spam ranger with low cooldown and long durations and multiple sources to reapply if target "wastes" its stun break.So problems we found here are:

What i also discovered is that Druid can be also problematic with this. Spells like:

• Glyph of Equality

As we had removal of such thing on Mesmer "Domination trait" which increased duration of daze/stuns, ranger also needs a same treatment, this is very toxic for game.Crowd control is there to interupt important spells not to permanently disable enemy to use its spells! Things to get worse, ranger crit was around 8000 per hit, so he also one shoted me.Devs on february: "our goal is to remove damage on crowd control". Check such spells for ranger again and be sure to fully remove damage(including pet) OR reduce durations of daze/stun.

have you considered avoiding those skills? if the guy decides to go as far as to use rune of the mesmer for his daze to last slightly longer then fuck it let him have his daze.

@"Svez Poizon XD.5268" said:With new 5v5 season, i found a guy who do dazes on me for 4 seconds, chaining them up to 10 seconds! Neither stability nor stun breaks helped there.It was soulbeast who used rock gazelle(pet's kick do 2 sec daze(increased)) and merging with pet it is 1 sec daze. Greatsword 5 "hilt bash" does 1,5 second base daze duration.Problems here are:

• Glyph of Equality

I actually posted a video in this pvp section and in the ranger section, even mentioning it should be nerfed, a daze that does6 to 8k damage on markmanship build.the 4 sec duriation isnt really the problem, the problem is the daze bug where u stunbreak but it doesnt remove the daze.THe post i made got removed and i got a warning for posting it, so i dont know what anet is thinking but they saw the post.

Here are the 2 vids i posted where u see the build in action.

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:I dont expect any skill changing or a meaningfull balance till after jan 2021. When the sun start to burn out, that is when anet will decide to put there attention to pvp not a minute sooner imo.

They would have to turn PvP/WvW into a single player experience populated with AI controlled teammates and enemies , no amount of changes will ever turn players into the "god's gift to mankind" they believe to be.

Truth is the vast majority of nerf threads are just an extension of a bruised ego, easier to ask for nerfs than facing the truth : you can't win all of them, there is always somebody better than you.

The only changes that would satisfy people on the forum is the removal of damage/sustain from all professions except the one they play

@smooth.5068 said:

@Divsen.9864 said:Ranger commits rune, 2 traitlines, staff with weapon swap trait and utility slots for what? 4s daze every 18 second and it doesnt even damage you. Very nice post

the soulbeast build does zero you very quickly

Im specifically talking from druids pov. Yes soulbeast will oneshot people daze or not as long as beastmastery and sicem stay untouched